View Full Version : New 2014 Spec Xray XB4
BentKa
09-10-2013, 11:57 AM
....
Pulse
09-10-2013, 12:53 PM
nice :wub
what did they change compared to the previous version?
BentKa
09-10-2013, 12:54 PM
nice :wub
what did they change compared to the previous version?
We'll soon find out ;):lol:
Bent
Pulse
09-10-2013, 12:57 PM
We'll soon find out ;):lol:
Bent
now I wonder if it's worth the wait.. man oooh man these little toys..
neallewis
09-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I can't see any differences in the picture. I wonder what the updates will be? A full top deck, revised top link holes on rear shock tower?
What else?
AfroP
09-10-2013, 02:58 PM
will be the standard XB4 with the upgrade kit fitted/in-box as standard, with O-rings for plastic shock caps.
neallewis
09-10-2013, 03:17 PM
The facebook page says "The new 2014 specs of the European Championship winning XRAY XB4 coming very soon."
So you go to his petite published European Champs setup sheet...
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/setupxb4/XB4_MartinBayer_Valladolid2013071820/
"Development Parts: Longer top deck, otherwise standard"
Also different shock pistons (from kit) and different oils (shocks and diffs). Maybe some weight kit at back of lipos?
SO yes, i'm expecting a full top deck, the running (v2) upgrade parts in the box, bulkheads, outdrives, diffs, a different setup sheet and a 2014 sticker on the box.
Nothing majorly new if you have the 2013 kit and kept it fresh with upgrade parts...
JohnM
09-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Metal gears would be nice.
AfroP
09-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Metal gears would be nice.
the plastic ones are fine. been running mine since it was built on multiple surfaces with no bother
JohnM
09-10-2013, 03:40 PM
the plastic ones are fine. been running mine since it was built on multiple surfaces with no bother
Sorry, but I have to disagree.
neallewis
09-10-2013, 04:25 PM
the plastic ones are fine. been running mine since it was built on multiple surfaces with no bother
I agree. keeps the drivetrain nice and light too. I've only done the outer diff bevel gear and 14T bevel drive gears, solved by shimming the 14T bevel a touch. no issues since I did that.
I've built a spare diff with metal gears, but only as i had them just incase i broke composites, but i didn't. its just heavier.
Metal gears are a tuning part I think. I very much doubt they will be in the 2014 kit spec, as Martin doesn't use them either.
OneKiwi
31-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I see Xray have the option for rear shocks so thought Id see if I could get it to fit.
Ill try it for one practice at the weekend but might revert back
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMG_20131031_145817.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMG_20131031_145848.jpg
I'm getting one of these bad boys! :thumbsup:
Anyone seen any spy shots of the 2WD version? Will it be similar to a DB1/2?
BentKa
31-10-2013, 03:43 PM
....
BentKa
31-10-2013, 03:44 PM
....
dMITIj
31-10-2013, 05:54 PM
So any one purchased and have got the new XB4 2014 spec?
andoiwebb
31-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Yes! But not allowed to build it due to wife & baby :(
BentKa
31-10-2013, 10:37 PM
....
Picking up the kits tomorrow ;)
Bent
Antrade got them already?
BentKa
01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
....
tomtom
01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Orca is just awesome, Nice package !
5200/45c infinite saddles ?
BentKa
01-11-2013, 09:23 PM
....
dMITIj
09-11-2013, 01:33 PM
so what dos ppl think of there new XB4 2014 spec? is it any better than the org?
andoiwebb
09-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Will see tomorrow
andoiwebb
10-11-2013, 05:45 PM
New xb4 was really good at Telford on slippy wet astro, really pleased with it.
nicmo
11-11-2013, 08:15 PM
after around 10 packs i stripped the diff gears, the small ones :( NT1 metal gears getting installed. Also, the CVD pins will be coming off soon lol need the exotek aluminium protection asap.
The car drives really well tho. High grip astro and carpet tracks.
washy13
11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Raced mine at worksop at the weekend wearing the new hangers it waz fantastic qualified loads higher than in the old xb .
neallewis
11-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Raced mine at worksop at the weekend wearing the new hangers it waz fantastic qualified loads higher than in the old xb .
What rear end setup did you run? Any other changes?
To be fair mine was good at Batley on Sunday. I moved the hub top link into middle hole, from outermost.
shaun m
11-11-2013, 11:01 PM
how are these in comparison to the older xb4's , especially with running the same ( obiusly using the '14 upgrades ) oil / shock set up ..
i love my xb4 , use it almost every weekend , and only just changed the main gears , not even had a drive shaft pin , go thro the plastic cover .............. yet !!
dMITIj
17-11-2013, 03:17 PM
how are these in comparison to the older xb4's , especially with running the same ( obiusly using the '14 upgrades ) oil / shock set up ..
+1 :)
corsair
20-11-2013, 01:36 AM
after around 10 packs i stripped the diff gears, the small ones :( NT1 metal gears getting installed. Also, the CVD pins will be coming off soon lol need the exotek aluminium protection asap.
The car drives really well tho. High grip astro and carpet tracks.
did you check your slipper setting and not overfill the gear diffs?
The gears are actually very solid. If you must, go with the graphite gears instead.
BentKa
25-11-2013, 08:31 AM
....
dMITIj
25-11-2013, 04:30 PM
I thought it was not necessary now with the v2 and the new 2014 spec part's out?
andoiwebb
25-11-2013, 05:32 PM
personally i don't think it is, but some people just seem to love shredding gears.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.