PDA

View Full Version : RC8 shock caps will not fit shock bodies


Crazy L
09-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi all

I am just refurbishing a set of 16mm RC8 shocks. They needed shock caps as the ali ones that were on there were a right state. I have just bought the molded plastic ones, for the 16mm bodies I hasten to add :lol:.

They do not fit.

Now, would anyone have any experience with this, or knowledge of an AE lathe guy putting the wrong screwcutting tip up or something by accident?

Thank you

I find this very frustrating.

bigt
09-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Sorry to bring bad news dude but they're for the rtr an they ain't gonna fit I picked a set up a couple a years back to drill out a bleeder :thumbdown: got a set of used kit ones though if you're stuck but ghea ones for best with kyosho big dome bladders :thumbsup: you have to do bit with the dremmel though as they're not offset like the kit offerings big improvement though

Crazy L
09-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Sorry to bring bad news dude but they ain't gonna fit

Oh wank.:thumbdown:

That does actually leave me without caps as I slung the old ones. Are your old kit ones in fair nick? Not seen the Ghea ones, probably a premium too aren't they. Might be interested in your old ones, lol.

bigt
09-10-2013, 07:48 PM
have a look on pdubracing thirtyfive I think but well worth it mine are fair two worse than the others as expected but the centers are good £ 22 posted send an email for a pic

MiCk B.
10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi,

I have the Ghea RC8 shock caps in stock, they are £35 for the set of 4.

Link: http://p-dubracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_14&products_id=238

MiCk B. :-)