View Full Version : racing this sunday 13th
racingdwarf
11-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Hi all
We are racing this sunday, I hope to run on the dirt, and if its damp....not wet the grip should be good.
the forecast for sunday looks not to bad, bat saturday is dreadful! so will have to see sunday morning. If it is to wet we will use the grass track,if I have managed to lay it..see other post
Dandare
12-10-2013, 09:18 PM
I guess it's gonna be one of those 'wait until the morning' days tomorrow :thumbdown:
Weather's looking downright awful first thing but looks like it may clear mid-late morning.
I'm happy to drive the hour to see who turns up as I'm itching to race, if on the other hand no one wants to risk getting 'damp' :lol: post your intentions & I'll stay in bed :D
ShaunieT
12-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I will try and make it tomorrow,both the boys are playing
football in the morning so it looks like im getting wet anyway:thumbdown:
will try for lunchtime.
racingdwarf
12-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I should be there about 10.30 rain or shine, we could possibly use the inside of the container for pitting again but it's been a ling time I'm not sure if the lights will fire up! on that subject, a dry job we could do tmro is sort the inside of the container out as it's a right old mess at the min, and I'm not to sure how it got that way:confused:
Any way we have a choice of dirt or grass tmro as the grass track is laid , but this may sound silly but in the past we have found the dirt cleaner than the grass when wet as the grass holds the water and really soaks the car..honest but if the dirt has large amounts of standing water, then grass it is.
Dandare
12-10-2013, 11:00 PM
I think I'll aim for between 10:30-11 as it's not meant to improve 'til late morning anyway.
racingdwarf
13-10-2013, 12:07 AM
yer the weather forcast is starting to look a little better, they were saying heavy rain all day, now they are saying it should only be overnight and 1st thing...and they never get in wrong:bored:
racingdwarf
13-10-2013, 06:56 AM
racing today delayed untill 11.30am, as the weather should improve by then.....and i can go back to bed now:D
Dandare
13-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Good day at the track today. Great progress on both dirt & grass tracks by Dave & the posse, shame there were too many puddles on the dirt to use today. Thought the new grass layout flowed really well, look forward to some close racing throughout winter on either track :thumbsup:
A little evidence of the action:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/DanAli/IMAG0391_zpsc95eebda.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/DanAli/media/IMAG0391_zpsc95eebda.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/DanAli/IMAG0390_zps24f7eff7.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/DanAli/media/IMAG0390_zps24f7eff7.jpg.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/DanAli/IMAG0387_zpse95887bc.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/DanAli/media/IMAG0387_zpse95887bc.jpg.html)
Tbh, a lot of that dirt on the cars was superficial, with most of it coming off with the flick of a brush, given the recent rain that's pretty good :woot:
racingdwarf
13-10-2013, 08:52 PM
mines all nice and clean now:wub.
did you get any photos of the track, I need to upload the video I took with my phone, but need to download sodding app 1st:mad:
Dandare
13-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm afraid I not, i only took a few last minute snaps :blush:
racingdwarf
13-10-2013, 09:55 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't know
simonrhart
14-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Proof there was racing! I was wondering whether you guys would race and the weather did not look good on Sunday where I was.
Simon
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.