View Full Version : Is my engine on its way out ?
slippy
16-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi all. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but my cen 1.6 engine will no longer start unless I pre heat the engine with a small blow torch then it does but is there a setting to adjust to get round this or is it just worn out. Cheers !
Dave.
crtpromachine
16-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Have you got your iel high enough to keep the engine on a gentle tick over,Also do you have HSN and LSN correct rightly once the engine is running after pre heating does it run okay ???
Chris-S
17-10-2013, 08:32 AM
-Glow plug ok?
-Glow plug ingnitor ok
-How long have you had the fuel?
slippy
19-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. The fuel is quite old now I suspect it is a little off as when it does start along with the oil it deposits out of the exhaust there are droplets of water in it and i don't remember that before. :(
Dave.
Thanks for the replies guys. The fuel is quite old now I suspect it is a little off as when it does start along with the oil it deposits out of the exhaust there are droplets of water in it and i don't remember that before. :(
Dave.
New fuel and plug if there both old.
slippy
19-10-2013, 04:41 PM
yeh I have some unopened plugs and tried a little good heli fuel to see how easily or if it would even start at all and it fired up first pull and I only ran it for a few seconds so new fuel on order.
Dave
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.