PDA

View Full Version : Vega Winter Open Series Rnd 1 27th October 2013


Dudders
16-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Gates open at 8.00am

http://www.shrccc.co.uk/media/results/vegawinter.jpg


Surrey and Hants RCCC is pleased to announce that Team Xtreme ‘Vega’ will be the title sponsor for our Winter Series 2013/14, alongside associate sponsors iNet Services and Apex Models.

The Vega Winter Open Series will take place on 5 Sunday’s with a date just before Christmas reserved for any potential poor weather.
Series dates are:

October 27th 2013 - November 24th 2013 - December 22nd (reserve) 2013 - January 19th 2014 - February 16th 2014 - March 16th 2014

4 rounds out of the 5 will go towards your series results. Trophies for the top 10 in 2wd and the top 3 in 4wd. We can run a Short Course Series subject to demand.

We hope to be able to run a Junior Series. It’s hoped this will be run a different heat/Final but this will solely depend on number.

At present we have 6 juniors interested and we’ll need them, maybe more to compete on their own basis.
Gates will open at 8.00am for each meeting, with 4 rounds of Round by Round qualifying and 3 leg finals for all racers.

No control tyres however it is known that Schumacher Yellow are good for the dry and Ballistic Buggy Green is good for wet.

Cost for each round is £10.00 non-members and £8.00 for members. Juniors and second class 50% reduction.

Many thanks to all our sponsors:

Team Vega Elite: Making performance mid motor conversion kits for Losi, Kyosho, Team Associated and Durango. www.teamxtreme.co.uk (http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk)

iNet Service: Providers of our new club website including online booking in, hosting and email services. www.inetservices.co.uk (http://www.inetservices.co.uk)

Apex Models: Main club sponsor for all your RC Spares and New Equipment. www.apexmodels.co.uk (http://www.apexmodels.co.uk)

Track Details:
Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club www.shrccc.co.uk (http://www.shrccc.co.uk)
Postcode: GU14 8SN

TARTMAN
16-10-2013, 10:20 PM
looking forward to it:D

14 crazychris
17-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Yes same can't wait one question does that mean it will be £4 as I'm a member and a junior? Also will the junior races be on the same day as everyone else? One last question I'm looking to buy some new tyres and wonderd what works well in the wet? Would these work http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-10-r-c-buggy-tyres-schumacher-ballistic-buggy-proline-fastrax-fit-kyosho-teamc/261305574564?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D74%26meid%3D2040394463660395070%26pid%3D100 005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D2613055 82808%26

Thanks chris:thumbsup:

dobber
17-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Yes same can't wait one question does that mean it will be £4 as I'm a member and a junior? Also will the junior races be on the same day as everyone else? One last question I'm looking to buy some new tyres and wonderd what works well in the wet? Would these work http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-10-r-c-buggy-tyres-schumacher-ballistic-buggy-proline-fastrax-fit-kyosho-teamc/261305574564?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D74%26meid%3D2040394463660395070%26pid%3D100 005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D2613055 82808%26

Thanks chris:thumbsup:

You'll be racing on th esame day as everyone else. As for those tyres, dont buy them! In the wet its generally BAllistic buggy green spikes TT01 i think the code is, or you can try dboots multibyte "B" compound.

Dudders
17-10-2013, 08:31 AM
As Duncan says Chris, you'll need specific tyres to our surface. In the dry anything works but in the wet go with Duncan's choice.

Neil

14 crazychris
17-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Ok thanks Ill look into those tyres and hopefully get them. Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Dudders
21-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi Chris (and others)

Dave has put together a novice to SHRCCC tyre post, very informative: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138219

FYI there will be no food van on Sunday but we will have a lunch break for those McD and Wild Bean food runs! :thumbsup:

Woodbine
21-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Will there be a SCT heat at each round?

Dudders
21-10-2013, 11:52 AM
:thumbsup: Subject to numbers yes

Owhitehouse
21-10-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm there 4wd

chickentikka25
21-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi Chris (and others)

Dave has put together a novice to SHRCCC tyre post, very informative: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138219

FYI there will be no food van on Sunday but we will have a lunch break for those McD and Wild Bean food runs! :thumbsup:


Maccy d's Farnborough is shut. For 2 months. It's tragic I know.

Dudders
21-10-2013, 10:35 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

Dominos delivery then, I'll get a special menu and special prices sorted :thumbsup:

Steve.T
22-10-2013, 12:41 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

Dominos delivery then, I'll get a special menu and special prices sorted :thumbsup:

You could make us all sandwiches. Mine's a cheese and ham to go..

Zippy G
22-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Lamb samosas & chicken tikka sandwiches for me please :woot:

jlucas
22-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Sandwiches man up boys pizza is the way forward

dobber
22-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Sandwiches man up boys pizza is the way forward

Hell yeah!! Make mine a pepperoni passion!! MMmmmmmmmmmmm Pizza!!!!

chickentikka25
22-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Ah pizza's a great shout. I'm in!

14 crazychris
22-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi guys it's also my birthday on Sunday so I'll bring along some doughnuts:thumbsup:.

Dudders
22-10-2013, 06:49 PM
What a club!!!!

I see we have our priorities sorted out..... No one has actually mentioned racing or winning yet, but we've agreed on pizza and doughnuts!

FANTASTIC!

jlucas
22-10-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm going to race both classes and a win would be great......

Is that better Neil???

Dudders
22-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Not really in the spirit is it!

14 crazychris
22-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I haven't been to one off these big events:o does everyone set up on the field? Would it also be a good idea to get a gazebo.
Thanks chris:thumbsup:

Maximus3d2000
22-10-2013, 08:57 PM
doughnut pizza?????

Dudders
22-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Plan was to run the wide track like at the Reedy Event, but with this weather I expect it'll be normal Thursday pitting on the Tarmac.

absolute alignment
22-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Give over J'Low, I will be there with 2wd so will be winning that ta

dobber
23-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Give over J'Low, I will be there with 2wd so will be winning that ta

I take it you mean the B final ;)

absolute alignment
23-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I take it you mean the B final ;)
B or c I will take whatever

Owhitehouse
23-10-2013, 08:50 AM
B or c I will take whatever

The c final has my name all over it so think again Dear !!

keith123
23-10-2013, 09:51 AM
B or c I will take whatever

If Tit isn't racing then I'll go for top original losi.

If its wet then be affraid as I might take down some of the superstars like at the Apex GP :woot:

Kelk
23-10-2013, 10:54 AM
You are all only being so brave as I can't make it

14 crazychris
26-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow just got told I had a suprise birthday event!:o so I can't bring the doughnuts and that's one less out of the junior race so sorry guys. I hope to be there next time though.:thumbsup:
Thanks chris

dobber
26-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow just got told I had a suprise birthday event!:o so I can't bring the doughnuts and that's one less out of the junior race so sorry guys. I hope to be there next time though.:thumbsup:
Thanks chris

No probs Chris, enjoy your birthday suprise :)