View Full Version : Racing Is On 27th of October !!!
Steven Forster
22-10-2013, 11:14 PM
As above racing is on this sunday from 5:45pm-10:00pm
Faster we get the track built the faster we can get racing ;)
Who's coming and what are you running ?
See you all there :thumbsup:
dpackster1980
23-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I'll be there, should have my gear diff by then.
AfroP
23-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I'll be there, should have my gear diff by then.
real men do it with balls :thumbsup:
and i'm not see'ing a schumacher avatar on your account anywhere....
corkyjohnson75
23-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Am going to benfield this week , sorry bout last week tho.
chris68nufc
23-10-2013, 08:52 PM
What's the club going about opening up this Sunday? Will there be people from the club going to the comp at Benfield?
Hi guys we going to benfield Sunday as we can't make Sunday night as our lass is going out and a need to watch the little ones on the night
Steven Forster
23-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Suppose we will find out on the day unless we found out otherwise by our club members letting us know before hand......???
Its too late to cancel the booking for the club this Sunday, so we will still get charged regardless of if we race or not......!!!
Just hope we aren't effected on any other Sundays that Benfield hold there winter series as some of our other members will be running at Worsop meetings in between.....!!! :(
chris68nufc
24-10-2013, 06:59 PM
How did I forget......it's the derby....I won't be there this week boys......enjoy!
Shifta
24-10-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm away caravanning for the next week so I can't make it either fellas..
chrispattinson
24-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Chris Pattinson. 2wd.
Steven Forster
25-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Racing is still going ahead....
chrispattinson
25-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm convinced we're still offering the better indoor track, support for drivers and racing? Is there something we're not doing right to keep our racers? It seems Benfield moving to a Sunday has something taking the drivers away at an increased race fee. What do we need to offer? Any thoughts?
scott
25-10-2013, 09:46 PM
A winter series
chrispattinson
25-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Ok. For those who can't support the Benfireld winter series this week, lets make the best of racing @ Seaham. It may be a great opportunity to concentrate on a night of setups, and helping each other improve our cars.
:)
chris68nufc
26-10-2013, 08:22 PM
There's nothing up worry about, everybody loves a competition, trophies, prizes blah blah blah.....a lot of us aren't fazed anymore by the thrill of a trophy etc however some still quite like it!! Remember Chris, we've been at Worksop for the last 5 or 6 years.....a comp isn't as good as a club night....there's nothing to worry about!
I hope that the comp attracts new people to the hobby but as I've said many many times before, clubs should cater for the current racers like we do at Seaham and not just the fad racers that will be gone in 3-4 months!!
Keep up the good work seaham lads......it's spot on
K-Brewer
26-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Edited
chrispattinson
26-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Interesting. I think you're right about races though. I've enjoyed just as many close races at NEAM club nights as at bigger competitions. Great racing last week with Neil.
dpackster1980
26-10-2013, 10:44 PM
I think Seaham is fine. We have new faces and experienced racers willing to help newbies it's got everything you want or need from a club. I fancy a 3 round series over the Christmas holidays like last year. :thumbsup:
Steven Forster
27-10-2013, 03:05 AM
There's nothing up worry about, everybody loves a competition, trophies, prizes blah blah blah.....a lot of us aren't fazed anymore by the thrill of a trophy etc however some still quite like it!! Remember Chris, we've been at Worksop for the last 5 or 6 years.....a comp isn't as good as a club night....there's nothing to worry about!
I hope that the comp attracts new people to the hobby but as I've said many many times before, clubs should cater for the current racers like we do at Seaham and not just the fad racers that will be gone in 3-4 months!!
Keep up the good work seaham lads......it's spot on
Nail on head :woot:
I think Seaham is fine. We have new faces and experienced racers willing to help newbies it's got everything you want or need from a club. I fancy a 3 round series over the Christmas holidays like last year. :thumbsup: Best part about racing at Seaham :thumbsup:
Interesting. I think you're right about races though. I've enjoyed just as many close races at NEAM club nights as at bigger competitions. Great racing last week with Neil. We must be doing something right to keep attracting new racers and racers from other clubs as well, especially after last years 3 round Xmas series, having 30+ racers for all 3 days......made it better than some regional rounds :D
See you all there ;)
chrispattinson
27-10-2013, 06:40 AM
There's a new lad coming tonight with rear wheels 12mm hex. Has anyone got any wheels either with tyres or without?
dpackster1980
27-10-2013, 09:39 AM
We'll sort something out.
AfroP
27-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Great nights racing. Nice flowing track and i was well pleased with my car.
chrispattinson
28-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes, great nights racing. Nice simple open track. It was great to see new people giving the hobby a go, and Charlie was really good for a new starter.
Cheers for your help Davey with the new lad, and general marshalling etc.
I thought your car looked really good Paul, and I expected to see you further up the order considering your pace in practice. I suspect a few unfortunate errors during qualifying held you back, but good stuff.
The Cougar SV2 felt very good, with only myself to blame for a few rough landings on what was a difficult down ramp to hit over the double. Tyres wise, it was really good on what are now 3 meetings old minipins. The steering was starting to go a bit but nothing too bad. The new electircs (Nosram Comet HD Speedo and Thunder Power 7.5T motor) had a really good feel on throttle and breaks, but I might have a play with the speedo settings for a bit more top end.
The SVR was brilliant aswell.....
Still impressed with Scotty's 13.8 second lap though.
AfroP
28-10-2013, 01:10 PM
i was pleased and surprised with myself when i managed a 14 second lap in the final a few tenths of a second behind scotts fastest time.
hoping for more of the same next time :-)
at this rate my new 4wd is going to be a shelf queen for a little while yet lol
dpackster1980
28-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I was well impressed. The simple flowing track made it fun for everyone. I nearly had you if it wasn't for stupid mistakes. :blush:
chris68nufc
28-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Just a few more laps eh David.....story of my life!!!!!
AfroP
29-10-2013, 08:51 AM
are you going to upload the pictures you took on Sunday to anywhere Chris?
dpackster1980
29-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Just a few more laps eh David.....story of my life!!!!!
Definitely, certainly didn't have the legs on me this week. :woot:
chrispattinson
30-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi Paul. I didn't get any decent photos. But I'll put the videos up of the B final, and the A final soon.
chrispattinson
30-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Ok, here are the videos of the A final and B final.
Definitely, certainly didn't have the legs on me this week. :woot:
You can clearly see how my crash filled final run didn't have the legs on David Pack's slow coach Yokomo ???
A Final: http://youtu.be/1IVAi5PPL4A
B Final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT9fzxeG2-0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.