PDA

View Full Version : am i the only idiot?


keenbutkrap
27-10-2013, 09:21 PM
missed last night race meeting setting up my new car before the meeting and found i had massive interferance (40meg) spent 2 hours trying to source the cause changed the carbon chassis the speed control and reciever only to find out it was my phone charger i cant be the only person to do something stupid can i?

Zippy G
27-10-2013, 09:35 PM
I have had this problem!

I lost all my internet in the house, wifi the lot. After spending 2 hours rebooting the PC, Modem & router, then chasing all the wiring round the house, I sat back and thought what had changed.
Finally came to me I had bought a new phone charger, within 2 minutes of unplugging it all my services were back to normal.

I had the same thing when I bought a SO CALLED 'Original' HP laptop charger from ebay, it did exactly the same thing. The seller was very quick to refund it. I wonder why! It was a damn good fake from china, all the correct labeling etc

Cheap chinese crap

AC199
28-10-2013, 06:42 AM
2.4ghz is all I'm gonna say at this point...

keenbutkrap
28-10-2013, 07:27 AM
To add to my stupid is as stupid does I loaded my car up with model aircraft drvove 20 miles to the flying site leaving my transmitter on the kitchen table as for 2.4 I've lost £600 of aircraft with a dodgy spectrum in 2 flights lost none in 30 years on FM

Moss Models
28-10-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm with Chris on this one.

2.4 is so cheap and I have never had any problems. Also at York I find it really difficult having an aerial lightsaber waving around from the guy next to me!

On the plane subject I have lost count of the problems on FM and again never had a problem with 2.4!

mpg200
28-10-2013, 09:06 AM
The radiated emissions from cheap flyback power supplies / chargers can be a real problem. There are loads of standards that need to be complied with. But as ever the happy shopper ebay from china ones may not be good enough. As long as you are aware that they can cause trouble with RF then you can take steps to mitigate the effects. So.. next time you have interference, go straight for the phone charger.

keenbutkrap
29-10-2013, 07:05 AM
i started the thread to try and get some homer simpson doh stories not to discuss the merits of cheap chinese radios and cons of cheap chinese chargers seems nobody else is as daft as me

daz
29-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Also at York I find it really difficult having an aerial lightsaber waving around from the guy next to me!



That's probably me.:p

Moss Models
29-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Well I wasn't going to name and shame but seeing as you owned up ..... :)

bretts
29-10-2013, 02:10 PM
That's probably me.:p

and me...

27Mhz AM rules!!!!!

P.S. Our microwave gave me interference, ha ha.

Richard Lowe
09-11-2013, 09:01 PM
P.S. Our microwave gave me interference, ha ha.

It gave YOU interference, not your car - did your left leg start glitching or something?!

bretts
09-11-2013, 11:37 PM
It gave YOU interference, not your car - did your left leg start glitching or something?!

Nope, just this happened............:confused::confused:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/20066/766647-radioactive_man_number_one_v_1024.jpg