PDA

View Full Version : couple of X6 questions


Kopite
10-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if the rear anti-roll bar is a permanent fixture on people's X6 these days?

Also, what differences to the car are made by running the E-Speed Camber Link in the upper and lower positions?

Cheers,

Stan :)

niggs98
10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
roll bar depends on grip levels but being a throttle monster i tend to run it almost everywhere just removing it when i need more rear end.
turning the speed bits down causes more roll so good on low grip tracks again.
i tend to run mine up almost everywhere but thats because i blip the throttle everywhere :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
10-09-2008, 08:50 PM
haven't tried a roll bar yet, ran it on two astro tracks and it felt very good without!

super__dan
11-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I agree with Nathan for what to run but for entirely different reasons. I dial loads of front end out of my car but on very high grip tracks i.e. notcably at Southport this year and Stotfold, the rear roll bar helped control the overal role of the car more (obviously), on this high grip it just felt more settled and really solid, not loads more steering for me though. It's not a massivly thick one mine, note sure what in fact, Chris Long gave it to me.

I imagine it will be good at Worksop though, as will aloow you to run a soft (ish) rear spring for traction, but I imagine will help it pivot in the corner off the power. I'm looking forward to setting car up at first round and not changing it all series ;)

If running stock B4 hubs (as I do) I much prefer the E speed blocks up and almost never consider moving them. I'm much more likely to leave them alone and change between the middle and outside hole on the hub instead to shorten/lengthen the link. I'm the opposite on the front where I leave the link length alone and change the ball stud washer more regularly.

James
11-09-2008, 12:58 PM
What roll bar is it? I ordered a few parts from dms for my new x6 :thumbsup: (where the service was excellent) and asked for a rear roll bar, the one that arrived apeared to be a xxx4 one, but no way does it seem to fit :eh?: ? Am i being dim or do i need another one...

More to the point can someone bring me one to coventry please;)

ben
11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
What roll bar is it? I ordered a few parts from dms for my new x6 :thumbsup: (where the service was excellent) and asked for a rear roll bar, the one that arrived apeared to be a xxx4 one, but no way does it seem to fit :eh?: ? Am i being dim or do i need another one...

More to the point can someone bring me one to coventry please;)

james you need to make your own roll bar but use the mounts... oh and could somebody bring me the mounts aswell to coventry pleaseee :woot:

ben

niggs98
11-09-2008, 01:58 PM
ou use all the mounts and parts from the losi roll bar kit but need to get some roll bar wire and make the actual bar yourself. i used 1.2mm and should have enough left over from my lenth to make both you and lil ben one james at coventry if you remind me ;) although u will still have to find ya mounts ben :woot:

super__dan
11-09-2008, 02:49 PM
The Losi mounts are the best but I imagine it's easier to make your own bar as Nathan says. Note you have to put the mini ball studs into the rear wishbones from the inside out. It's a right pain in all honesty but as I've only ever broken 1 rear wishbone, as least something you don't have to change very often.

Big E
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
I run the roll bar occasionally, both the last nationals and it has been purely to stop the roll not for any other reason.

I run either a 1.2mm thick one or most recently a 0.9mm one. XXX4 kit for the parts then just bend up some wire.

As to the hangers basically if you want more drive run them down but you get less on power steering with them like this.

E

Kopite
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
cool, cheers for your help all :)