PDA

View Full Version : Indoor carpet set up


Rstephenson
03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Hi guys b44.2 looking for some tips to get a setup for indoor carpet flat track no jumps a little bit of wood floor
Just now my set up is
Front shocks - 32.5 / blue springs 1.6 2 hole pistons - middle top.&inner bottom
Rear shocks - 27.5 / green springs 1.6 2 hole - inner top & inner bottom
I have a 89 balliest weight between lipos

From the front camber setting A and hole 2 on top deck steering rack in the middle
On the rear I have it on the ally hub tower A hole C and on rear deck I have it on hole 1
Running balistic green mini spikes with med inserts
Thanks for reading and look forward to reading comments

cutting42
03-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Hiya

I think you are a bit too soft for flat carpet, this is my B44.1 setup running Losi big bores, we have mostly carpet and a bit of slippy wood but have lumps and jumps as well.

Blue Front springs, 37.5 wt with 1.3 4 hole Ghea taper, inner top shock mount outer lower, silver roll bar. If no jumps I might go to 40 wt

Silver Rear 32.5 wt with 1.3 4 hole Ghea taper, inner top shock mount outer lower, black roll bar. If no jumps I would try 35 wt.

Used to run 89 ballast weight but now use Avid chassis. camber links as factory camber at -1 deg and factory hubs.

If mostly carpet then Schumacher yellow mini pins ballistic buggy med inserts but it can be carpet dependent,

Rstephenson
03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks for your comment I will try that Just wondered the avid chassis how much difference do u find heard a few people speaking about it what does it do
The losi shocks what difference does that make are they much different to associated shock

Richard Lowe
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I'd say you're a bit unbalanced on the toplinks there, and a bit soft in general on the front, my usual starting setup on the 44.2 is...

Front shocks - Yellow spring, 40w, 1.6mm piston. Middle on the tower and outer on the arm, 21mm ride height.
Front toplink - 2 B with 2mm of washers on the inside, if I'm lacking mid corner steering I move to 1 B.

Rear shocks - Green spring, 27.5w, 1.7mm piston. Inner on the tower and inner on the arm, 20mm ride height.
Rear toplink - 1 B, again with 2mm of washers under the inside.

Usually I don't start with the weight between the lipo's, but I move to it if I want the rear to be more loose entry/mid corner and more locked in on exit.

Also on 99% of carpet you want to be on Shuey yellow minipins, I can't think of a carpet track I've ever raced on where I wanted to be on BB greens!


I tried an alloy chassis on my 44.1 and honestly couldn't tell any difference at all, the car was exactly the same :s

cutting42
04-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Thanks for your comment I will try that Just wondered the avid chassis how much difference do u find heard a few people speaking about it what does it do
The losi shocks what difference does that make are they much different to associated shock

I am quite new to the Avid chassis and it does extend the length +8mm so I am not sure if I am feeling the extra length or the low down weight. It jumps better but is a little looser in the rear based on my previous settings. I need to tune it further and one of the great things about it is that changes to the suspension settings are more obvious and easier to detect.


I have not driven the AE BB as I got a great deal on some Losi BB on oOple and replaced the AE V2 std bore shocks with them. I really like them but to be honest I mainly use the B44.1 outside now and stick with my X6 cubed indoors.

Rstephenson
04-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Cheers for the comments guys stiffened the front with 40 now and sorted the ride height will order tyres
Just another point the slipper It is slipping a lot on set off is there a good technique to set it I know I need a bit of slip but just wondered any suggestions
Many thanks

cutting42
04-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Give full beans and it should slip for 1-2 feet before locking up. If it slips too much it will overheat and damage the Spur gear.