PDA

View Full Version : carisma gtb servo that fits straight in


rondoolaa
03-11-2013, 11:04 PM
what servo's do you guys use in the carisma gtb belt drive car,

i'd like as many answers as possible to give me a good list of servos to look at,

thanks

Dombrasky
03-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Savox SH1257mg lugs removed using std mount

knighthawk
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Align DS525M
( as above or two extra holes )

rondoolaa
10-11-2013, 07:37 PM
thanks for the replies,
ive not used the servo mount provided but instead used the alloy mini 8ight servo mounts and mounted a futaba 9650 as i have about 6 of them,
i did have to drill new holes in the chassis though so it fitted in and still left lots of room for different size motors,

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7311/10783751585_4ca28a9995_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76269319@N04/10783751585/)
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3741/10784007283_72e5cc375f_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76269319@N04/10784007283/)
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3679/10783869204_8fce16a728_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76269319@N04/10783869204/)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/10783751765_0084c0ec92_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76269319@N04/10783751765/)


esc is temp till my new one comes, and at that point i'll tidy up the wires too,

:)

shaungooner
19-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I use this little fella http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=29339&aff=981295

just drill 2 new holes in the chassis and use exotek posts or make a clamp out of an old piece of carbon and a couple of bolts

works a treat, great specs (very similar to Savox) and dirt cheap

has been in my micro for a good 6 months with no issues at all

SOSx
24-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi All,

Rick - did you trim the standard mount down to get the savox 1257mg in? As I just thought I'd try the one I have and it seems to be too wide at 35mm with the the mount only being 33mm? Also the wall thickness of the pillars is only just over 1mm around the screw points so cant see how you managed it?

If possible I really want to use the standard mount as it is the most slimline option.

SOSx
24-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Hi All,

Rick - did you trim the standard mount down to get the savox 1257mg in? As I just thought I'd try the one I have and it seems to be too wide at 35mm with the the mount only being 33mm? Also the wall thickness of the pillars is only just over 1mm around the screw points so cant see how you managed it?

If possible I really want to use the standard mount as it is the most slimline option.

Dombrasky
25-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi
Yep I just dremeled the sides of the mount until they sat straight about 1mm each side
more from the top than near the pillars