PDA

View Full Version : Spur gear b44.1


markymark6183
08-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Hi guys, put a spur gear on out of my spare 44.1 and as I accelerate the spur starts to wabble/ wave !! Any idea what could be causing it ? Any of you guys had this happen before ?

dpackster1980
09-11-2013, 08:51 AM
If it's a kit spur then it'll not be perfectly true as they are moulded but it shouldn't be an issue. RW spurs are machined and are more accurate. Another good thing about them is they're hard as nails and I've never had one fail. :thumbsup:

Danny Harrison
09-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi guys, put a spur gear on out of my spare 44.1 and as I accelerate the spur starts to wabble/ wave !! Any idea what could be causing it ? Any of you guys had this happen before ?

As above, the kit spurs are sometimes not entirely true, but it shouldnt noticeably wobble.

The avid slipper kit is excellent if you dont mind spending £20. Ive had same spur on for 9 months and run my car really aggressive with a tekin 5.5.

markymark6183
09-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Have you got any links for either of them please ? I'll get one ordered up !!
Cheers chaps

racdeaf
09-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Have you got any links for either of them please ? I'll get one ordered up !!
Cheers chaps


http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/rc-accessories/spur-gears/1-10-offroad/team-associated.html?limit=all

RW spur in white if I remember right the kit spur is 84

Darren Boyle
09-11-2013, 01:36 PM
JConcepts Silent Speed spurs will also cure the issues you are having, they too are machined for accuracy, hold the slipper pads in much tighter and as the name suggests run quieter too...

markymark6183
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
JConcepts Silent Speed spurs will also cure the issues you are having, they too are machined for accuracy, hold the slipper pads in much tighter and as the name suggests run quieter too...

Just this second been looking at those !! For an extra few quid they look the business

dpackster1980
09-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Just this second been looking at those !! For an extra few quid they look the business

Believe me they're stupendously good and superb value.

Danny Harrison
10-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Have you got any links for either of them please ? I'll get one ordered up !!
Cheers chaps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avid-Triad-Slipper-Clutch-Mod-81-84-B4-1-B44-1-22-AV1020-MOD-/141055411404?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20d78ec4cc

You wont look back after getting one of these in :thumbsup: