PDA

View Full Version : B5 and B5M...


southern racer
14-11-2013, 06:36 AM
There's a post on RC10Talk that mentions AE released the TC6.2 manual online by mistake that had the part numbers for a RC10B5 and RC10B5M kit/s... but was then removed shortly after. Maybe a new 2wd and an official AE mid motor before long?

NeilD
14-11-2013, 08:52 AM
There's a post on RC10Talk that mentions AE released the TC6.2 manual online by mistake that had the part numbers for a RC10B5 and RC10B5M kit/s... but was then removed shortly after. Maybe a new 2wd and an official AE mid motor before long?


I saw the same thing but are they listed in the printed manual or was it an online mistake/hoax. Hopefully the next few days will offer some clarification.

neallewis
14-11-2013, 09:23 AM
See here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/771403-rc10-b5.html

Danosborne6661
14-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Sounds a bit like an online hoax

TC6.2 manual here page 36 - http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/TC6.2/Factory_Team/TC6.2_manual.pdf

Other people are saying they've downloaded the manual and it's on there but who knows

RobW
14-11-2013, 11:21 AM
If you google "associated RC10B5 90003" there is a cached version of the TC6.2 manual where it lists on page 36 under 1/12th, 1/10th & RTR kits two models:

90001 RC10B5 Team Kit
90003 RC10B5M Factory Team Kit

I have no idea if this means a new car, a complete Centro kit or just a hoax/joke by associated/someone else but I do find the whole "when will there be a RC10B5 Midmotor kit" even more entertaining than watching skateboarding cats on youtube:woot:. If you google RC10B5 people were talking about it back in 2009!!

Rob

NeilD
14-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Cheers Neal.

Can CML shed any light on this?

Danosborne6661
14-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Just googled what you said 'Associated RC10B5 90003' and like you said, from the 2nd to last result you can see that Associated did infact put it on their site by accident in the description there.

That confirms that this wasn't really a hoax... at very least a publicity stunt from Associated, but most likely a car.

southern racer
14-11-2013, 11:37 AM
The cached website search index / manual seems to suggest was genuine... lot of hassle to go to for a quick joke. Cliff Lett said they were working on their own mid conversion a few months back in one of the Radio Impound podcasts too... could add up... timescales is probably the only unknown..

The_doctor
21-11-2013, 10:26 PM
B5 ......................
yes its true ....!

i have been told by an Associated factory driver over here at my club that the car will come out around feb / march ......

it will be in two kit forms the B5...standed rear car and a team M car ....MID/REAR....chassie

i was going to buy the C4.2 but was told to hold off until the new car is out.....

as this team driver gets new gear early ill report on it as soon as he gets he"s.....
he confurmed 100% that the B5 is coming!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

noreargrip
22-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Oooooh who's that then? lol
hope it's true..I want a forward engine mounted car!

h0m3sy
22-11-2013, 11:56 PM
.I want a forward engine mounted car!

Buy a KF...:p

racingdwarf
23-11-2013, 12:50 AM
I think it will be coming, AE as a large US firm will not want their cars to be winning with someone else's conversion fitted, they will want the car to be 100% AE.And TBH they need to,they must have lost a huge slice of the european market compered to what they had a few years ago by not having an out of the box mid or mid/rear car.
The thing is for years the basic RC10 design has just very slowly evolved from the original...now they will have to reinvent it. no small task for the AE design team,
I think they finally admitted change was needed when they let the team run mid at the worlds.

SLEENAD
09-12-2013, 06:09 PM
So when is it coming, got money burning in my pockets! :D

RobW
11-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately I imagine anyone who really knows won't be allowed to tell us. The Doctor above reckons Feb/Mar.

The discounts available on Centro kits seems to suggest it is fairly close but imagine even once it is announced it will be a couple of months before we can get hold of one so Feb/Mar is probably the very earliest we could even hope.

Be interesting to see if they come up with anything really innovative given how packed with competitive cars the MM 2WD market is at the moment.

Rob

stegger
21-12-2013, 09:03 AM
TOP SECRET AREA 51 BANNER ON AE SITE boys and girls ;-)
http://www.teamassociated.com/
This banner was the same for the B4 release if anybody can remember that far back !

neallewis
23-12-2013, 08:08 AM
https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/0/AAAjK-ua4tzN7ChdwLW5RK5USx-MjIO8f_vy20kjZFrHvA/12/14954283/jpeg/1024x768/3/1387792800/0/2/IMG_94198271713648.jpeg/N3tL7go4aAxKY-rj-q46CZea4t2rQ9lmkX7YYAXin7k

B5/B5M for sure.

AfroP
23-12-2013, 08:38 AM
https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/0/AAAjK-ua4tzN7ChdwLW5RK5USx-MjIO8f_vy20kjZFrHvA/12/14954283/jpeg/1024x768/3/1387792800/0/2/IMG_94198271713648.jpeg/N3tL7go4aAxKY-rj-q46CZea4t2rQ9lmkX7YYAXin7k

B5/B5M for sure.


yep thats defo a 1/10th 2wd

I know they had been testing a new 1/8th as i'd seen a video on either neobuggy or redrc so thought this teaser may have been for that

but from what you can see in that pic it looks a lot like a 1/10th 2wd front end

stegger
23-12-2013, 09:17 AM
:lol: ;)

gazhillAE
23-12-2013, 09:30 AM
:lol: ;)

It's a b4.2!! Lol

Lee1972
23-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Looks like a completely different car from the B4 platform.

stegger
23-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Front shock tower looks like the Hotbodies car. Frame style.

PaulRotheram
23-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Gullwing front arms too..

Ron Burgundy
23-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Surely its going to be a centro that been "associatedized" (sorry have no better word for the analogy) as was the B44 with the BJ4. Obviously with some tweaks so there is cross compatibility with the B44 platform and "look" of associated now.

I cant imagine them totally redesigning a mid motor car based on how amazingly popular and well designed/engineered the C4 is and how ridiculously well it goes in the hands of the worlds best and average racers alike.

Just what i reckon anyway! :)

RobW
24-12-2013, 04:10 PM
http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/

Looks like the image is gradually being revealed?

Guess we'll see full pictures by Easter??!!

RDG 40
24-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Least it looks like the big bores stay the same one thing that carries over at least, so close to c4.2 release some same parts would be a bonus and if you own 44.2 again its frw things the same

Lee1972
24-12-2013, 04:53 PM
http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/

Looks like the image is gradually being revealed?

Guess we'll see full pictures by Easter??!!

Thanks Rob my son thinks it's my eyes as I'd noticed the same thing :thumbsup:

racingdwarf
24-12-2013, 05:27 PM
for sure, I only looked at the very 1st one, couldn't even realy make out the front shock tower, this time clear as a bell.

andy05
24-12-2013, 05:50 PM
looks like eyelets instead of balljoints for easy adjustments

neallewis
25-12-2013, 08:15 AM
http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/B5_B5M/

http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/images/announcement.jpg

AfroP
25-12-2013, 08:26 AM
http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/B5_B5M/

http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/images/announcement.jpg

Want a B5m

RDG 40
25-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Awesome, happy christmas to me i say lol

Rayzerp
25-12-2013, 09:23 AM
I could be wrong but I am expecting the M to look a lot like a Centro under that shell......with a new front end obviously.

westie
25-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Oooo nice!

Jayk
25-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Where will the centro motor end up on the c5 !!

stegger
25-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Nice and a lot cheaper than a kit and a conversion kit
!I like that they have gone to a dedicated mid and a rear motored car.

Lee24h
28-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Tbh honest it looks like its based on a centro and then they have added rb6 bits and losi bits on it
http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/B5M/

PaulRotheram
28-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Agreed.

mattr
28-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Least they seem to have got rid of the bakelite chassis. Just hope the rest of the plastics are improved, plastics have moved on since the 80s............

(Is it still imperial as well?)

OneKiwi
28-12-2013, 09:53 AM
lol that MM looks just like a yokomo, but the RM looks interesting, and that ridiculous lipo :lol:

It does look interesting I have to say, but the imperial screws are a pain, I wonder if they have updated and or beefed up the plastics

I like that the MM has a alu chassis

Lee24h
28-12-2013, 09:53 AM
I would imagine the screws are still imperial as thats the c4.2 gearbox
And the shape of the chassis looks very centro
Despite me wanting one i shall keep my centro and try and put a b5 front end on it because i cant see it being a improvement over the centro on high grip
They need a b5f for that

mattr
28-12-2013, 10:50 AM
and that ridiculous lipo :lol:it does look like a solution looking for a problem...... saddles will do everything that will, and more.

dpackster1980
28-12-2013, 11:14 AM
To be honest it looks good but it's nothing revolutionary. They've taken designs from everyone a put it in one kit. I wouldn't be bending over backwards to get one unless I was changing from a C4.1.

alex97
28-12-2013, 11:22 AM
They should have gone for the b44.2 battery clip in stead of the thumbscrews. What the hell is going on with the battery.

racdeaf
28-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Doe esc & rx placement look tight fit ? Compare c4.2 which seem loads space

I currently own c4.2 & I personally sticking with c4.2 as it decent car to suit my driving

PaulRotheram
28-12-2013, 11:38 AM
There seems to be no battery adjustment. im not sure if there was any in the centro, however in the RB6 it's a tuning aid I use frequently.

And yes it does seem a tight squeeze!

racdeaf
28-12-2013, 11:49 AM
On C4.2 there is lipo adjustment such as forward or rear position also stubby lipo fitment too
Then again I don't know about B5M

NeilD
28-12-2013, 11:58 AM
According to Ryan Cavalieri via FB the screws are metric.

Origineelreclamebord
28-12-2013, 12:29 PM
According to Ryan Cavalieri via FB the screws are metric.

If so... FINALLY! :)

The B5 seems to take a lot of design features from current cars (of their own and competitors). Imo, they don't have to feel ashamed in doing so though: Many brands have taken inspiration and/or copied design features from AE for years, and from there on other brands have set new standards with certain design features. Instead of stubbornly creating something completely different with a questionmark whether it will work better, they take their turn getting an up to date platform out there based on innovations that were made by other companies.

It seems the task was to get a truly up to date car, and the photos posted so far promise that the car will do a good job at that. The future will show if AE will try to regain the dominant market position again with innovative designs that push the boundaries - If you ask me they will, one does not release two dedicated kits at once if you don't have high ambitions :)

alex97
28-12-2013, 12:47 PM
it still has ball diffs :thumbdown:

ASR
28-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Where are you guys looking at the rear motor car!?, I can't seem to find any body off pics of that one, think my eyes must be painted on ! :confused:




lol that MM looks just like a yokomo, but the RM looks interesting, and that ridiculous lipo :lol:

It does look interesting I have to say, but the imperial screws are a pain, I wonder if they have updated and or beefed up the plastics

I like that the MM has a alu chassis

Origineelreclamebord
28-12-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/B5

Or just click on the B5/rear motor car/left on the announcement page

NeilD
28-12-2013, 01:39 PM
it still has ball diffs :thumbdown:


Yeah, that's come as a bit of a surprise. One rumour I'd heard a while back was the rear car would have a ball diff and the mid a gear diff. I don't know why this was but in any case it's proved to be wrong.

stegger
28-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Looks like on the Mid car there's about 5mm of room forward of that pack ! and I suppose a stubbie cell could be mounted fore or aft giving you more weight options. On the diff front I would sooner have the ball diff in the kit. As a gear diff is cheaper to buy.

southern racer
28-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Fair play to AE at least it turns out both cars are genuinely new chassis and there wasn't just a hopped up b4.2/c4.2 underneath (as some thought from the first 'body on' shots). Clearly they've borrowed some design ideas from similar cars but not nessecarily a bad thing.

Factory Team version of the M would be good.

andys
28-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Any speculation as to price - will it be sensible I wonder.
Hopefully closer to £200 than the £300 mark?

racdeaf
28-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Any speculation as to price - will it be sensible I wonder.
Hopefully closer to £200 than the £300 mark?

£280

OneKiwi
28-12-2013, 04:13 PM
$260 at tower and around mid March they say

Richard Lowe
28-12-2013, 04:16 PM
You can't tell 100% without having one in front of you to look at but all the geometry and component placement on the M looks identical to the Centro to me which is a good thing. It also makes sense to have a ball diff on both cars, the only situation where you'd want a geared diff in a 2wd IMO is when you would be running one of the front motor spazzy 2wd's.
I'm interested to see if the alloy chassis on the M is flat and the kickup is built into a plastic part, or if the chassis is bent up like the C4. If it's flat it'd be perfect for plopping on the front of a B44 and making a front motor car.

I know they aren't the Factory Team kits, but does anyone else think they look a bit 'RTR' with all the plastic?

Lee24h
28-12-2013, 04:39 PM
You can't tell 100% without having one in front of you to look at but all the geometry and component placement on the M looks identical to the Centro to me which is a good thing. It also makes sense to have a ball diff on both cars, the only situation where you'd want a geared diff in a 2wd IMO is when you would be running one of the front motor spazzy 2wd's.
I'm interested to see if the alloy chassis on the M is flat and the kickup is built into a plastic part, or if the chassis is bent up like the C4. If it's flat it'd be perfect for plopping on the front of a B44 and making a front motor car.

I know they aren't the Factory Team kits, but does anyone else think they look a bit 'RTR' with all the plastic?

They are factory team cars it just seems the costs need cutting to make them a good price
And all the r and d needs paying for

mes
28-12-2013, 05:55 PM
They are not factory team cars. FT kits will be released later on, which is a traditional policy with AE, but not one that I like. Racers will always want the factory version with the aluminum and titanium parts, IMHO there is no need for these 'team' versions. Nobody wants a tuned-down competition car for bashing nowadays. :thumbdown:

Aire valley
28-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Is it me ...! Doesn't look anything like the Centro chassis....the M in particular, but also the 5 look like moulded plastic chassis. IMO .....there certainly doesn't look like much room in the 5 and both seem to be designed around Reedys new one piece saddle shape lipo.... Hope stick packs will fit in the 5.....
I think the M looks great and can't wait to see one "in the flesh"....!:thumbsup:

NeilD
28-12-2013, 07:30 PM
The CML FB page says the RRP is £219 for the rear motor and £239 for the mid although it's TBC.

PaulRotheram
28-12-2013, 10:17 PM
They are not factory team cars. FT kits will be released later on, which is a traditional policy with AE, but not one that I like. Racers will always want the factory version with the aluminum and titanium parts, IMHO there is no need for these 'team' versions. Nobody wants a tuned-down competition car for bashing nowadays. :thumbdown:

It has all the blue parts which every previous FT car has had, alloy servo mounts, blue motor mount, blue shock collars etc.

On any previous AE team car they have always been full black aluminium, no bling parts and room for improvement.

The car, with a pre RRP at £240 seems very good value. and if I was in the market would be interested in this.

Aire valley
28-12-2013, 11:02 PM
MB Models are taking deposits for pre orders...! See their section...they say 10% off.!!:thumbsup:

vrooom
28-12-2013, 11:13 PM
sexy... sexy.... I might order one if they, mid motor car, is quick and strong.

AntH
29-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Least they seem to have got rid of the bakelite chassis. Just hope the rest of the plastics are improved, plastics have moved on since the 80s............

(Is it still imperial as well?)

Moulded chassis are perfect for the job. Straight or broken, light, cheap.

mattr
29-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Moulded chassis are perfect for the job. Straight or broken, light, cheap.To finish first, first you must finish.
Breaking a chassis simply by landing a jump doesn't help very much. Ditto front wishbones, rear wishbones, towers, top deck, bulkhead. Just some of the parts I've broken without crashing.
I still break parts now, but I have to crash first. The RC10 2wd cars may well have been state of the art 30 years ago. But high grip/euro/astro/carpet tracks are hard on cars.

jaank
29-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Does the B5M have different front arms than the other one?

wezzer
29-12-2013, 08:02 PM
yes B5M has different front arms to the B5

stegger
29-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes the arms for the B5 are different to the B5M.
I think the reason for this is the gullwing arms on the mid car are to give it a lower C of G ! for high grip tracks. Awaiting to be shot down in flames !!!! :lol:

paulj
29-12-2013, 09:47 PM
the M in particular, but also the 5 look like moulded plastic chassis. IMO

Chassis is alloy it says so in the blurb under the pictures, if you zoom in you can see it behind the servo, alloy chassis with plastic sides.

Origineelreclamebord
29-12-2013, 11:05 PM
To finish first, first you must finish.
Breaking a chassis simply by landing a jump doesn't help very much. Ditto front wishbones, rear wishbones, towers, top deck, bulkhead. Just some of the parts I've broken without crashing.
I still break parts now, but I have to crash first. The RC10 2wd cars may well have been state of the art 30 years ago. But high grip/euro/astro/carpet tracks are hard on cars.

I can't help but notice you're running in Sweden - I don't mean to sound like I'm making conclusions based on stereotypes, but were you by any chance running the car in (very) cold weather? :eh?: I can imagine the combo of a car designed in the brushed era+cold weather (which generally makes plastics brittle) results in weird breakages.

jaank
30-12-2013, 01:05 AM
http://gallery.pistik.com/albums/WinterCup-2006-2007-5-etapp-Roogojal-10-02-2007-Rainar/IMG_2779.jpg

This is how we used to roll back in the days. Up to -30C.
That's in Estonia though.

mattr
30-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Nope. If it's cold we go inside.

neiloliver
30-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Nope. If it's cold we go inside.

:thumbsup:LOL

mattr
30-12-2013, 08:40 AM
I just think the continuation and lack of development of the RC10 is down to cost cutting, they sell masses of them in their home market, they are ideal for the "typical" user, and ideal for the typical US track. So why change.

More recently the aftermarket chassis/conversion people have started taking too much of the glory/market share, so they want some.

NeilD
30-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Nope. If it's cold we go inside.

Post of the day :thumbsup:

Also it hit 30 degrees here in Summer so it's not always cold, unfortunately.

terry.sc
30-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I just think the continuation and lack of development of the RC10 is down to cost cutting, they sell masses of them in their home market, they are ideal for the "typical" user, and ideal for the typical US track. So why change.

More recently the aftermarket chassis/conversion people have started taking too much of the glory/market share, so they want some.
You've answered your own question there.

The B4 has not been replaced until now because Associated haven't needed to replace it. Why go to the vast expense of developing and tooling up a new car when your current car is still winning and still selling loads of kits.

Now the others have caught up, and mid motor cars are starting to appear in the US, Associated has to keep up with everyone else and bring out new cars.

No doubt the B4 RTR will still be around for some time as well.

mattr
30-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Just hope they've taken the opportunity to have a look through a plastics catalogue that's less than 20 years old. ;)

mark christopher
01-01-2014, 12:02 PM
The fixings look metric to me, anyone able to confirm either way .

mattr
01-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Yes, they are metric. Someone commented earlier in the thread.

PaulRotheram
02-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Confirmed metric from Jason Ruona.

NeilD
02-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Confirmed metric from Jason Ruona.

I confirmed this five days ago mate. Cav posted it on his fb page.

PaulRotheram
02-01-2014, 10:15 PM
I wasnt aware it was a competition? :p

NeilD
02-01-2014, 10:38 PM
I wasnt aware it was a competition? :p

It isn't, but if it was, I won :D

mes
04-01-2014, 01:14 PM
It has all the blue parts which every previous FT car has had, alloy servo mounts, blue motor mount, blue shock collars etc.

On any previous AE team car they have always been full black aluminium, no bling parts and room for improvement.

The car, with a pre RRP at £240 seems very good value. and if I was in the market would be interested in this.

At least it has threaded shocks and aluminum servo mounts, agreed. However, compared to the FT the team kit lacks titanium turnbuckles, titanium nitride coated shock shafts, aluminum hubs, wheel hexes and steering bellcranks. On second thought that's not that bad, I'd replace most of the aluminum items with Yaiba/Avid/RDRP/whatever parts anyway. Although I'd recommend the Yokomo 2WD to erverybody, blinging up my SC10 was so much fun (if expensive), I am contemplating getting a B5M. Hopefully it will not have as much slop as the B4 family. :)

andy05
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
More pic from AE
http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/RC10B5M/Team/pictures_videos/

Someone on rctech has posted the manual to
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-official-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-thread-19.html

:thumbsup:

SLEENAD
08-01-2014, 06:57 PM
The direct links so you don't have to go through rctech:

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=48BBD614971CA3A3!3115&ithint=file%2c.pdf&app=WordPdf&wdo=2&authkey=!ADZGyUzQ1sdc414


https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9AavbNMRkUPbEQ2ZnFLYUhlb28/edit?pli=1

mes
09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks, also available on petitrc. :)

Lee24h
09-01-2014, 07:21 PM
At least it has threaded shocks and aluminum servo mounts, agreed. However, compared to the FT the team kit lacks titanium turnbuckles, titanium nitride coated shock shafts, aluminum hubs, wheel hexes and steering bellcranks. On second thought that's not that bad, I'd replace most of the aluminum items with Yaiba/Avid/RDRP/whatever parts anyway. Although I'd recommend the Yokomo 2WD to erverybody, blinging up my SC10 was so much fun (if expensive), I am contemplating getting a B5M. Hopefully it will not have as much slop as the B4 family. :)

Slop in a b4 mine dont have hardly any

racingdwarf
26-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Just listened to a long interview with the designers and watched model car actions test drives.
Found it quite interesting,The US racers still really don't appear to want to like a mid motored car,they admit it's sharp handling,jumps well etc but still lean towards the rear car, I also felt this with the lead designer, I got the feeling he almost designed the mid car kicking and screaming,preferred the thought of redesigning the legendary rear motored B4 making it better/more refined.
Also find it quite interesting that it appears that no testing on any high grip astro tracks was carried out,from reports the reedy race was the 1st place a lot of team drivers including Neil Cragg actually got their hands on the car:confused:

Will be interesting when the car gets released as here in the uk I imagine it will be all about the mid ( a car that has done no UK testing), in the US I think more club drivers will head for trusted rear motor.Also interesting to see how it compares to the Centro as The top US boys seem to have fallen in love with theirs, shame the didn't sample the dark side earlier:lol:

Think this could actually be one of the most interesting cars released this year, and it's great it's from AE as the last few cars have made us …well yawn a bit :p

millser
31-01-2014, 09:15 AM
any news on dates??????

racingdwarf
31-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Lookin at MB models bit, they get their Rr motor today

Alan - South West RC
31-01-2014, 09:20 AM
any news on dates??????

Rear motors are in the country I believe and the mid motor is due the end of February.

Big G
31-01-2014, 09:56 AM
The latest release on the B5M was late March from AE. Maybe they'll turn up early like the B5, but who knows. :)

DAVO
31-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Mid motor Feb 14th
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/associated-b5m-team-mid-motor-2wd-competition-electric-buggy-kit/rc-car-products/380832

AfroP
31-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Mid motor Feb 14th
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/associated-b5m-team-mid-motor-2wd-competition-electric-buggy-kit/rc-car-products/380832

guess i know what the mrs can get me for valentines day

millser
31-01-2014, 01:49 PM
How long after car arrives will you be able to to buy spares?????

Big G
31-01-2014, 02:19 PM
How long after car arrives will you be able to to buy spares?????

That naturally depends on AE shipping spares with the kits...

alex97
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
has anyone bought the b5 ?

Origineelreclamebord
03-02-2014, 07:15 AM
How long after car arrives will you be able to to buy spares?????

I've already seen spares listed on MBModels, but they're not in stock yet... Perhaps mail them, they might be able to shed light on it for you.

By the way, there's a B5 build on NeoBuggy:
http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/02/01/associated-b5-first-build-photos/#more-38929

It looks very neat, I quite like it. Now for that B5M too! :)

cigbunt
03-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Do the new chassis share any parts from the older b4's or is it all new?

Origineelreclamebord
03-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Do the new chassis share any parts from the older b4's or is it all new?

This car is metric, so the majority is different, however there are some things I can think of that they might have kept the same. These are:
- Rims/Wheels.
- Diff Screw and Thrust Bearing.
- Diff Ball Size.
- VTS Slipper Clutch (excluding Top Shaft?)
- Big Bore Shocks (excluding Shock Eyelets and Bushings to mount it)?
- Big Bore Springs.

Big G
03-02-2014, 12:12 PM
download the manuals and get checking :D

alex97
03-02-2014, 07:08 PM
ill make sure to keep everyone up to date when I get mine :thumbsup:

mes
07-02-2014, 07:46 PM
This car is metric, so the majority is different, however there are some things I can think of that they might have kept the same. These are:
- Rims/Wheels.
- Diff Screw and Thrust Bearing.
- Diff Ball Size.
- VTS Slipper Clutch (excluding Top Shaft?)
- Big Bore Shocks (excluding Shock Eyelets and Bushings to mount it)?
- Big Bore Springs.

Shocks have been revised.

PaulRotheram
11-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Just in case anyone missed this, RC car action have had both the B5 and B5M on track, with a nice youtube video too;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdNwARhdKL4

Sk8er_alex
15-02-2014, 01:43 AM
i don't know if its been said yet but has anyone noticed the b5 uses straight wishbones but the b5m doesn't

Alex

mes
15-02-2014, 07:57 AM
That's a tuning option for both cars. According to the designer's interview traight arms are more forgiving, for more steering in large sweepers use the gullwings. However, you will need the matching shock towers, too.