PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issue - please help!


Foyzy
08-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi all,

I am experiencing a weird electrical problem with my Xray touring car, hoping someone out there can help.

I am running the Team Wave Eclipse motor which is supposed to light up blue / green / red. Whilst sometimes it works and the car runs fine, quite often the lights on the motor do not come on at all even though the motor does run. In these cases, as soon as I go full throttle, the car suddenly swerves to the left (like an extreme case of torque steer) making it completely undriveable. There is also a slight delay on the throttle, so when I floor it, there is a split second delay before the car responds.

Is this a motor issue or a speedo issue (I am running the Hobbywing Justock). I am thinking it is a motor issue as the lights aren't coming on, but then why would that cause the car to swerve off lot one side). When the motor does occasionally work properly the car runs perfectly, so it is not a question of chassis balancing etc.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Allan1875
08-12-2013, 08:01 PM
You really need to try a process of elimination. Try another motor, if the problem still exists, try another ESC. If the problem still exists try another receiver.

Danny Harrison
08-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi all,

I am experiencing a weird electrical problem with my Xray touring car, hoping someone out there can help.

I am running the Team Wave Eclipse motor which is supposed to light up blue / green / red. Whilst sometimes it works and the car runs fine, quite often the lights on the motor do not come on at all even though the motor does run. In these cases, as soon as I go full throttle, the car suddenly swerves to the left (like an extreme case of torque steer) making it completely undriveable. There is also a slight delay on the throttle, so when I floor it, there is a split second delay before the car responds.

Is this a motor issue or a speedo issue (I am running the Hobbywing Justock). I am thinking it is a motor issue as the lights aren't coming on, but then why would that cause the car to swerve off lot one side). When the motor does occasionally work properly the car runs perfectly, so it is not a question of chassis balancing etc.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

First thing id do is try a new sensor lead. Could also be the board i suppose. Im taking a stab in dark, but im thinking when the lights dont come on, its not recognizing the esc. Could still run motor but would do odd things too.

lardy37
08-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Not sure about the lights but was having weird things happen on my 10th buggy with cutting out and steering shooting of and a I put a power cap straight into receiver and been fine ever since

Lee24h
10-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Is the servo moving when it swerves and are you running the spool and gear diff combo

Foyzy
10-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have tried a different sensor lead and it is not that.

Yes, the servo does move on its own and yes I am running a spool on the front and the gear diff on the back.

It just seems strange that occasionally it works perfectly. That's only about 3 times out of 10 though.

K-Brewer
10-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have tried a different sensor lead and it is not that.

Yes, the servo does move on its own and yes I am running a spool on the front and the gear diff on the back.

It just seems strange that occasionally it works perfectly. That's only about 3 times out of 10 though.


have you tried a different receiver as if you have a cut in the wire it can cause similar problems

lardy37
10-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Have you tried power cap yet

beale
11-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Is it a Spektrum receiver? I has the same veer off issue with 1, tried the power cap but no joy, sent receiver back to Horizon UK they replaced it and not had a problem since (2 years)

think you could have 2 issues but would try a different motor first, the lights must pick up from the sensor board and it sounds like you are going sensorless when you get the start up delay

Lee24h
11-12-2013, 07:06 AM
If the servos moving on its own the the reciver could be at fault as for the motor ive never been a fan of gimicks like the light just something else to go wrong
If you fix the electrical problems and you are still 'torque steering' it could be that you dont have enough grip to put the power down as a gear diff will spin you out unlike a ball diff