PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Meeting - Sunday 29th December


mikeyscott
13-12-2013, 09:55 AM
At present there are plans to put on an all day meeting on the 29th December, who's interested re this?

shaun m
13-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm in depending on numbers ?

bobbin
13-12-2013, 10:23 AM
i should be there

DiggerAde
13-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I,ll drive around at the back :thumbsup:

freddie
13-12-2013, 05:35 PM
I will be down for this

HOTSHOT III
13-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Count me in!

:thumbsup:

SteveB
13-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Guys

The plan is to put finals on with prizes for top 3 if numbers are suitable. Maybe a hamper for a raffle or something.

Just think it's a great opportunity to have a Christmas Break meeting.

The more that show interest the more likely the meeting will happen.

Thanks steve

JamesRumble
13-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Providing I can find my gloves and scarf, you can count me in.

Cammers
13-12-2013, 07:58 PM
IN:thumbsup:

hazeandfizz
13-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Barker boys are in.

Very Merry Christmas.

hotrodchris
13-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Yup good to go

Bernie_W
13-12-2013, 10:29 PM
I'll be there probably with the xray's first outing.

Bernie

freddie
14-12-2013, 09:37 AM
What time will it start 2moro ?

SteveB
14-12-2013, 02:23 PM
What time will it start 2moro ?

Racing starts about 930, practice from 8am

Done by 1 ish, 4-5 rounds qualy and a final

dibble34
14-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I am in :thumbsup:

hotrodchris
14-12-2013, 07:18 PM
TM2 frenzy then?:thumbsup:

dibble34
14-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Yep :lol:

Cammers
16-12-2013, 06:12 PM
It could be time to blow the cobwebs of the dumb truck, just for fun:lol: who's up for it? :thumbsup:

badger5
16-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Sounds good, let's hope the weather holds up. The only decision is 2 or 4wd?

hotrodchris
17-12-2013, 07:06 AM
Sounds good, let's hope the weather holds up. The only decision is 2 or 4wd?

BOTH?:thumbsup::confused:

Briangb
17-12-2013, 08:43 AM
What a stupid day to arrange lunch with the in-laws.
I live 8 minutes from the track and now have to drive 25 miles away
for a family lunch. Is entertaining them on Christmas Day not enough.
If I possibly can??? I will try and come along for a couple of heats.
Surely people should understand that racing takes priority.
Still, I will be able to relax while at work on the 27th and 28th December.
Weekends!! Valuable?? LOL:mad:

RudeTony
17-12-2013, 10:55 AM
What a stupid day to arrange lunch with the in-laws.
I live 8 minutes from the track and now have to drive 25 miles away
for a family lunch. Is entertaining them on Christmas Day not enough.
If I possibly can??? I will try and come along for a couple of heats.
Surely people should understand that racing takes priority.
Still, I will be able to relax while at work on the 27th and 28th December.
Weekends!! Valuable?? LOL:mad:

Brian, come and do 2 qualifying rounds and then go do lunch and come back for the finals :)

hotrodchris
17-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Brian, come and do 2 qualifying rounds and then go do lunch and come back for the finals :)
Sounds like a plan Brian!:thumbsup:

bobbin
17-12-2013, 01:27 PM
I think there should be a trophy for best dressed driver of the day in his or hers Xmas onesie

Briangb
17-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Will have to see what I can organise.
Hope to get there this Sunday, but out Saturday night so may be
a little hung over. However, these things must be done.:thumbsup:

Crazy L
17-12-2013, 08:17 PM
It could be time to blow the cobwebs of the dumb truck, just for fun:lol: who's up for it? :thumbsup:

If there's trucking to be had.....:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
23-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Gents unfortunately there will not be a food wagon on site on Sunday so turkey picnic looks on?:thumbsup:

Kelk
27-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Hi all,

Planning to come down and visit you chaps on Sunday and as I don't know a lot of the user names on here I wondered if someone could give me a run down of who is driving what. I see a couple of names mentioning trucks, and wondered if there would be enough for a heat?

If not I can bring either a 2 or 4wd buggy down with me.

Thx

Crazy L
27-12-2013, 09:14 AM
The truck thing is a bit of a vicious circle. People wont bring their trucks because "no one else will take theirs, so there wont be enough anyway", so only a couple of peeps turn up with theirs and everyone else says "oh, if I'd have known you were bringing yours, I'd have brought mine". If I turn up on sunday, I WILL have my truck.

Kelk
27-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Cool I will bring mine then - havent raced trucks since the Apex GP

hotrodchris
27-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Cool I will bring mine then - havent raced trucks since the Apex GP

Kelk if enough trucks for a heat turn up then they will run as well as the normal 2 and 4wd classes, should be a relaxed day so plenty of track time and time to re charge!:thumbsup:

AmiSMB
27-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Maybe tripple class it then. If I could make it :(

Kelk
27-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Kelk if enough trucks for a heat turn up then they will run as well as the normal 2 and 4wd classes, should be a relaxed day so plenty of track time and time to re charge!:thumbsup:

Excellent - might run 2 classes


Maybe tripple class it then. If I could make it

Mad man! only double classed it twice before and that's a head rush

hotrodchris
27-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Grant likes to live on the edge:thumbsup

freddie
27-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Could I plug into someone's generator For the day will pay fuel ??

Karting
27-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Looking to head down to this with a few friends (3 or 4 of us, all 2wd)

hotrodchris
27-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Could I plug into someone's generator For the day will pay fuel ??

Well sort you out something Freddie:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
27-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Looking to head down to this with a few friends (3 or 4 of us, all 2wd)

The more the merrier you will all be more than welcome:thumbsup:

freddie
27-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks chris

HOTSHOT III
27-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Anyone got any DEX210 rear wheels they could sell me on the day?

Tyres and inserts I have but I didn't acetone my wheels in good time so i'll need some:cry:

shaun m
27-12-2013, 11:35 PM
no worries alex , sorted :thumbsup: see the other post:p

HOTSHOT III
28-12-2013, 12:24 AM
no worries alex , sorted :thumbsup: see the other post:p

Seen, thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

badger5
28-12-2013, 06:31 AM
The weather's looking good for once and looking forward to some more awesome racing action at Torch, only decision is 2 or 4wd?

marley
28-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Anyone got any DEX210 rear wheels they could sell me on the day?

Tyres and inserts I have but I didn't acetone my wheels in good time so i'll need some:cry:

I be coming down, I'll bring a spare pair for you.

HOTSHOT III
28-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I be coming down, I'll bring a spare pair for you.

Ideal, thanks!

eyeayen
28-12-2013, 03:04 PM
The weather's looking good for once and looking forward to some more awesome racing action at Torch, only decision is 2 or 4wd?

Push yourself Richard, do both :lol:

I'll marshall for you if one is running after the other.

See you all in the morning :thumbsup:

DiggerAde
28-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Richard go 4wd :thumbsup::D

hotrodchris
28-12-2013, 04:13 PM
2wd Richard go on Ade give it a shot as well

Briangb
28-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Well. I have had my pass extended, so now don,t need to leave the track till 1pm. However, by the interest that has been shown in this meeting, will I still only get 2 heats in?
Hoping to make it to 3rd Round.
Time will tell.
See you all in the morning.

badger5
28-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Push yourself Richard, do both :lol:

I'll marshall for you if one is running after the other.

See you all in the morning :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer Ian but I'm more after a bit of a relaxing time as well as some racing. Good to see you trackside again though.

mikeyscott
29-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks to all that attended today

http://results.torchracing.co.uk/

Mowen208fly
29-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Great meeting again today guys :thumbsup: Thanks for a great days racing!

shaun m
29-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks to dan and steve , and the rest of the crew for organising this all day meeting , was well planned as per usual , excellent close and clean racing ( cars not soo clean now :cry: , more like proper off road racing :lol: ) mikey beat me in the final ( jammy sod :p) , may have had a battle with him if my lipo's didn't dump in the last minute :( !!

cheers shaun :thumbsup:

dobber
29-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Cheers guys for a great meeting. Thanks for allowing me to change finals so I could get home not quite so late as it would have been lol.

Cheers,

Duncan.

HOTSHOT III
29-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Cheers guys for a great meeting. Thanks for allowing me to change finals so I could get home not quite so late as it would have been lol.

Cheers,

Duncan.

Thanks for allowing me to change finals as well!!

Excellent day's racing as others have said, thanks to all involved. Only thing that could have improved the day is if the permafrost hadn't melted, driving on the ice 1st thing was great.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hazeandfizz
30-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys for a great meeting yesterday.

Like the new track layout, it proved to suit all cars (even my retro rear motor).

See you all at Rd3,
The Barkers.

bobbin
30-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I like the track too, clearly the guy who designed it knows his stuff

freddie
30-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks to torch crew had a good day !

DHB
30-12-2013, 11:10 PM
I like the track too, clearly the guy who designed it knows his stuff

Did you like it Robin, that's good. You would of been annoyed if you didn't I'm sure.:p
Good work Saturday getting track change done with me and steve and your large input in to layout. Think it went really well, and well done on making the A final.

bobbin
30-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Always happy to help Dan and cheers mate, just pleased to get a car that isn't ment to work well in slippery conditions into the A final

Briangb
31-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Always happy to help Dan and cheers mate, just pleased to get a car that isn't ment to work well in slippery conditions into the A final
Yes indeed Robin. I was only thinking that myself, especially as I was marshalling for your qualifiers. Neat and tidy all day. Well done on making the 'A'
Can't wait to try your ice cream.:p

HOTSHOT III
31-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys for a great meeting yesterday.

Like the new track layout, it proved to suit all cars (even my retro rear motor).

See you all at Rd3,
The Barkers.

As it stayed slippery all day, is it possible your RM configuration may have been an advantage?

I only need one or two bits to build up another DEX210 as a rear motor car...

bobbin
31-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Cheers Brian, as for the ice cream, let me know when you are next racing and I will bring some down for you. Next batch will be rolo ice cream mate

Crazy L
31-12-2013, 11:44 AM
It was good to catch up with people the other day, even if it was briefly and didn't see everyone. Time was a big constraint for me that day. Well done to the winners btw, especially James' nipper. Top work for such a small chap.

Won't give the truck up though, you have been warned :lol:

Happy new year to all