View Full Version : B44.1 shock shaft help
Hi all I'm after any advice on what alternatives there are to the standard gold shafts that appear to break at every opportunity ! I don't expect them to be indistructable but the slightest bit of contact with another car or track markers has broken the shaft for the past 2 weeks and it's getting fairly frustrating !! I've heard of people using losi shafts or even yokomo ?? Please any advice ( apart from not hitting anything ) would be appreciated :thumbsup:
Lobben
22-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Had the same problem when I ran a B44. But haven't had a broken shaft since I changed to the B44.2.
My guess is that the shaft that comes with the 12mm shocks are a bit tougher.
So my tip is to buy the 12mm shocks.
danDanEFC
22-12-2013, 10:57 PM
I got hold of a bigger bumper, from ebay, which covered the shock shafts.
steveproracing
22-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Losa 5060.
Losi xxx front shock shaft. They are stronger. Or
Look on us sights for mip shock shafts for either losi xxx or b4.
They are same diameter but slightly different length so require altering internal spacers to maintain the same droop settings.
Danny Harrison
22-12-2013, 11:15 PM
If your hitting things a bit get a t bone racing bumper. Big bores are a big improvement too.
I bent a shaft but it didnt break, i think plastic nuts also saved me a load as well.
Andy-j.smith6
18-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Very interested in this thread too.
Broke several over the last 12-18 months, although most were after a reasonable whack. My son is currently running the b44 and we have broke 2 in two weeks. Saw both incidents and they were really quite gentle knocks, they just snapped at the usual spot at the end of the thread. Its almost as if they are getting even worse.
At around £7 for one, plus postage, I am getting very annoyed. :thumbdown:
Andy-j.smith6
18-01-2014, 10:23 PM
This might help reduce breakages. Anyone know where I can get one in the UK?
http://www.redrc.net/2014/01/rpm-b44-wide-front-bumper/
The RPM bumper is a brand new item and not out yet, but they will be available in the UK and it shouldn't be too long.
cutting42
20-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Sold them and put Losi shocks on :thumbsup:
Nothing broken since!
Andy-j.smith6
25-01-2014, 02:04 PM
And another one bites the dust:thumbdown:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.