PDA

View Full Version : front shock tower protection


grimidol
31-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi is it worth getting or making a front shock tower wing type thing to protect it when I crash..... lol

YoungChazz
01-01-2014, 05:40 AM
Perhaps it would catch on things and make it worse...

Also, it will dramatically alter all sorts of performance characteristics.

grimidol
01-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for your reply I was thinking more like a cover then wing
Just to protect it I have seen then on other 2wd when racing on grass alot.

stuart slmcc
01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
What front shock tower are you running ?

grimidol
01-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Standard b4 also have a carbon fibre one but it is a bit worn do put a standard b4 one on

Darren Boyle
01-01-2014, 03:30 PM
If you use the DMS Partz Carbon or Carbonflex ones they have a''scuff'' zone built into them above all the shock mount holes.

grimidol
01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks will go look at that 😊

brooksy
01-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Are you in England grimidol?. If so Wes j here on oople does shock tower protecters for 2 and 4wd.
Lots of people I know run them and they're very well priced.

Phill

grimidol
01-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Yes the uk thanks will Have a look. Also lookong for a undertray to keep the carbon looking nice lol.

mattr
01-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I've been using the wes j ones for a few months, they don't catch on stuff and don't affect performance, drastically or otherwise.
They do (eventually) crack and need replacing, but at a couple of quid, it's a damn sight cheaper than a 20 tower!

grimidol
01-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a plan EPR can be a killer track.

stuart slmcc
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM
As Darren said, I have been running the dms carbon one on my x6/cubed for 3 + years and it has not broken yet. I am putting carbon style sticky backed plastic for the underside of my chassis just use a really sharp hobby knife to cut out the screw holes.

cherryc
02-01-2014, 07:40 PM
As both Daren and stu have sed the DMS shock tower works great have run on all my x factory cars without a fail yet.