PDA

View Full Version : Gear diff c4.2


washy13
09-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi

Has anyone tried gear diff in c4.2 ? And does the sc10 gear diff go straight in ?
Cheers for any help ?

discostu
09-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Yep all good

washy13
09-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Wot oils you use for astro ?

Lee24h
09-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Yep i use a copper shim either side to reduce a bit of play and 3000 oil or black grease for high grip astro

washy13
09-01-2014, 08:28 PM
I waz just worried cause I seen gear box casing for a gear diff (b4)

washy13
09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Yep i use a copper shim either side to reduce a bit of play and 3000 oil or black grease for high grip astro

So just normal black grease ? How much do I put in ?

Big G
09-01-2014, 11:31 PM
I waz just worried cause I seen gear box casing for a gear diff (b4)

The C4.2 gearbox was designed to take both ball and gear diff without an issue :)

AC199
10-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Got a part number for the geared diff?

Big G
10-01-2014, 09:13 AM
AS9827

Lee24h
10-01-2014, 10:13 AM
So just normal black grease ? How much do I put in ?

As much as you oil

washy13
10-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Cheers guys

Hog
10-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Am I right that the ball diff takes the 3/8 x 5/8 bearing and the SC10 gear diff is the 10mm x 16mm bearing?

MiCk B.
10-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Hi,

The gear diff and the B4.2 / B4.1 balls diffs take the 10x16 bearing.

The older B4 ball diff takes the imperial, 3/8 x 5/8.

MiCk B. :-)

Big G
10-01-2014, 11:24 AM
you can of course just swap the outdrives on your B4 diff and "convert" it to metric too :)

Hog
10-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks chaps - I have a B4 diff in the C4.2 but thinking of swapping it out for one of my SC10 spare gear diffs instead.