View Full Version : Gear diff on B44
ste_lazzaro
10-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Hi, I was looking around for some gear diff solution for the B44 (.1 or .2).
I found an interesting thread discussing the use of TD21001 and TD31005 (gear diff and diff ring) from the Durango 410.
Are there any more recent solutions available? :confused:
I noticed there is need for some hard work to adapt the Durango diff ring..
And why Associated does not seem to care about giving us a gear diff?????:confused:
NeilD
10-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Hi, I was looking around for some gear diff solution for the B44 (.1 or .2).
I found an interesting thread discussing the use of TD21001 and TD31005 (gear diff and diff ring) from the Durango 410.
Are there any more recent solutions available? :confused:
I noticed there is need for some hard work to adapt the Durango diff ring..
And why Associated does not seem to care about giving us a gear diff?????:confused:
There's a gear diff listed in the B5 manual so we may see one come to the 44.
Danny Harrison
10-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi, I was looking around for some gear diff solution for the B44 (.1 or .2).
I found an interesting thread discussing the use of TD21001 and TD31005 (gear diff and diff ring) from the Durango 410.
Are there any more recent solutions available? :confused:
I noticed there is need for some hard work to adapt the Durango diff ring..
And why Associated does not seem to care about giving us a gear diff?????:confused:
I run the durango gears in mine as do various others including team drivers.
The parts can be bought from a nice chap on here.
SLEENAD
10-01-2014, 09:45 AM
There's a gear diff listed in the B5 manual so we may see one come to the 44.
That's a complete different design and has been around for years as it was standard in the b4.1RTR.
The parts can be bought from a nice chap on here.
Can you tell us who that nice chap is?
ste_lazzaro
10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Maybe Bugle (Bugleboyracing.com)??:confused:
steveproracing
10-01-2014, 01:08 PM
The guy u need to speak to is Ben jemison
He is producing the kit danny is using.
His Oople name is Ben.
Danny Harrison
10-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Can you tell us who that nice chap is?
As steve said :)
NeilD
10-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I've run Ben's conversion for a while now and it's really good.
Thanks - I'll send him a PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=6359
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=6360
Here's the conversion i've been doing. I'm short on the Durango input shafts at the moment so if you send me those i can put them together.
ste_lazzaro
11-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Thanks!! Will do! :thumbsup:
RCADDICT99
11-01-2014, 05:06 AM
Hi there Ben, wondering about the gear diff for the B44.1... How much do you charge for the conversion, and can I use my existing diff bearings? Do the gear diffs need shimming like the standard ball diff? I guess what I'm asking is what is the whole procedure in getting the gear diffs from you. Thanks very much :thumbsup:
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=6359
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=6360
Here's the conversion i've been doing. I'm short on the Durango input shafts at the moment so if you send me those i can put them together.
If you send me 2 x Durango 410 input shafts the cost would be £35 + postage for a pair of altered input shafts and 4 x metric bearings needed for the gearbox casings.
gazhillAE
11-01-2014, 09:21 AM
If you send me 2 x Durango 410 input shafts the cost would be £35 + postage for a pair of altered input shafts and 4 x metric bearings needed for the gearbox casings.
Hi Ben
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD210001
Is everything I need in this kit?
Id need 2 of these
Is everything I need to send you included in this also?
Gaz
Hi Ben
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD210001
Is everything I need in this kit?
Id need 2 of these
Is everything I need to send you included in this also?
Gaz
You need to also send me a pair of these to alter.
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD310005
gazhillAE
11-01-2014, 10:49 AM
You need to also send me a pair of these to alter.
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD310005
Bet we will do all this and then there will be a new b44.2!!!!
Bet we will do all this and then there will be a new b44.2!!!!
Until this happens, this has been the solution..
gazhillAE
24-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Which bearings does it need for the Durango outdrives then??
Associated won't fit does it need to be any different ones?
Danny Harrison
24-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Which bearings does it need for the Durango outdrives then??
Associated won't fit does it need to be any different ones?
A sleave is fitted over the durango bearings to alter the external diameter.
gazhillAE
25-01-2014, 12:04 AM
A sleave is fitted over the durango bearings to alter the external diameter.
Are you sure?
The pic above Ben posted had an Æ bearing fitted
NeilD
25-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Are you sure?
The pic above Ben posted had an Æ bearing fitted
It uses B4.1 bearings which Ben supplies in the kit he sells.
gazhillAE
25-01-2014, 09:47 AM
So it's the kit b44 bearings for the front and rear prop shafts etc
And b4.1/2 diff bearings x4 for the Durango diffs......
Danny Harrison
25-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Are you sure?
The pic above Ben posted had an Æ bearing fitted
the internal diameter is metric and the gearbox requires the assocuated imperisl size. Unless you have custom one off bearings then they have a sleeve pressed onto metric bearings
There is a chap in the USA who is manufacturing bearings that have these dimensions. Im pretty sure these are the only 2 ways.
NeilD
25-01-2014, 01:52 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=6359
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=455&pictureid=6360
Here's the conversion i've been doing. I'm short on the Durango input shafts at the moment so if you send me those i can put them together.
The bearings on the diff are from the B4.1 and the ones on the pinion shaft are the ones that come in the B44.2 kit. Ben's kit comes with the bearings you need. No modifications are needed, simply drop into the diff housings and shim them (You need to use the shims that come with the diffs as AE's won't fit over Durango outdrives, I shimmed it the same way my ball diff was and checked it after the first run). HTH
ste_lazzaro
25-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Ben!! Where are you mate!?!
I need this kit! :cry:
;)
NeilD
25-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Ben!! Where are you mate!?!
I need this kit! :cry:
;)
He's at the Reedy Race.
ste_lazzaro
25-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Reedy Race? :o
Wow, cool!
learnerdriver
25-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Ben!! Where are you mate!?!
I need this kit! :cry:
;)
I got mine before he went :p
gazhillAE
26-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Are we definetly sure he supplies these b4.2 diff bearings in the price of the mod? If not il have to order some ASAP
NeilD
26-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Are we definetly sure he supplies these b4.2 diff bearings in the price of the mod? If not il have to order some ASAP
B4.1 bearings.
alex97
05-02-2014, 04:15 PM
would the new b5 gear diffs work ?
Big G
05-02-2014, 04:41 PM
would the new b5 gear diffs work ?
no :)
ste_lazzaro
13-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Quite some time has passed and I was not able to get a reply from Ben.. :cry::cry:
Any alternative solutions for the shaft and bevel pinion? Maybe using other brands parts? TeamC?
ulrich
21-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Quite some time has passed and I was not able to get a reply from Ben.. :cry::cry:
Any alternative solutions for the shaft and bevel pinion? Maybe using other brands parts? TeamC?
Ben told me he don´t produce them anymore.. search for bugleboyracing
Danny Harrison
22-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Ben told me he don´t produce them anymore.. search for bugleboyracing
An engineering company have made me a few up. Send me a pm. I may be able to help.
andy110m
25-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Danny, if you have a man who can, I'd be interested in trying one of these for the cobra conversion. What sort of money does he charge?
Danny Harrison
25-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Danny, if you have a man who can, I'd be interested in trying one of these for the cobra conversion. What sort of money does he charge?
The machining cost for a set of 4wd input shafts, with removable pinions is currently 40 quid. its steep but its due to having to set machine up each time. With a large run I can likely reduce the cost some. WWatch this space.
Danny Harrison
28-02-2014, 11:27 AM
OK I will be running the new input shafts this weekend. They have removable pinions on a c clip and use the current pins and c clips.
The shaft is 1mm longer than the press fit type to allow for shimming.
I'm just awaiting Durango pinions now, expect to see the parts for sale within a fortnight.
price £TBC
Danny Harrison
04-03-2014, 08:58 PM
OK conversion ran flawlessly all weekend. First batch going to the engineers this weekend. Cost is £60 posted for 2 machined input shafts and 2 machined bevel gears.
Bevel is fully removable to change bearings and allow for fine tuning the mesh with shims.
The cost of the Durango bevel gears is high which is pushing cost up. If you have some this will save £20. I'm looking at having these manufactured in future.
5 sets will be ready back end of next week. pm me if interested. pics to follow.
Danny Harrison
06-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Teaser of the machining process. Precision :)
http://s15.postimg.org/qolz2pd8b/tmp_ATT00001_583858668.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
uploading pictures (http://postimage.org/)
http://s15.postimg.org/8ocrybl17/tmp_ATT000022039670128.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
print screen windows xp (http://postimage.org/app.php)
http://s15.postimg.org/hi3off7zv/tmp_ATT00003783050811.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
screenshot tools (http://postimage.org/app.php)
Danny Harrison
13-03-2014, 06:29 AM
http://s30.postimg.org/6x9pcc7ht/tmp_20140313_055354652675651.jpg
Gaz_Stanton
28-03-2014, 02:27 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148199
Gaz_Stanton
02-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Complete B44.2 gearboxes with gear diffs
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148507
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.