View Full Version : Thursday 9/1/14 Review
Dudders
10-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Morning all,
What's your thoughts on last night?
I like the new layout with the shorter straight, thought it meant for closer racing. Also starting 15 mins earlier helped us have breaks in between the rounds. Think one final as well should be the norm.
Any feedback?
I was having a great time until Oly nobbled my soup. Ban him please.
I thought the layout was better, putting the loop in essentially lenghtens the overall track and adds more corners rather than just point and shoot driving down a long straight within the tight confines of the space we have.
As for the slightly earlier start - yes, I prefered it. It meant you got a chance to actually tweeak the car rather than just:
Race
Drop car off on table
Marshall
Swap batteries into car and put others onto charge
Race
I've always found that didn't give much time at all to adjust or try to improve the car
absolute alignment
10-01-2014, 02:11 PM
I didn't like the new layout tbh, it had less flow than others you have done. But, the track changes every few weeks so it's no big deal.
Start time was good. End time was good and the finals had a sensible amount of cars in it for the available marshals.
It did feel more relaxed between runs which was nice.
I liked the layout,
the cross over on to the straight worked well
It was defiantly more relaxed between heats
jlucas
10-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Track wise it'll do is it any longer/slower nope still a 18- low 19 sec lap time in the dry comfortably it did add a different dimension to the lap though I still hate crossovers. Start time was all good no real complaints other than some summer sun would be nice :)
lee rc
11-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I actually like the track including the crossover.
The thing I think we are missing is a BIG jump :thumbsup:
absolute alignment
11-01-2014, 10:26 AM
The thing I think we are missing is a BIG jump :thumbsup:
I agree, I miss the old tabletop jump where you had to balance the car in the air. Can we re install it half way down the straight
Dudders
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
It WILL be back for the summer :thumbsup:
Steve.T
11-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Any pics
absolute alignment
11-01-2014, 11:46 PM
It WILL be back for the summer :thumbsup:
Yay.....
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.