View Full Version : Action Model center
racingdwarf
17-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi all
I'm after some bits for my 12th, AMC seem to be the ones for 12th in the UK but I have never shopped with them before as I have not done 12th for years, now locally most I have spoken to in the 12th scene have been a little less than encouraging with there thoughts of the place and service, so how have other got on?
Always had great service from Wim and his band of merry helpers.
shark
17-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Rang up for a fair bit of stuff for me and a mate , got good advice and goods came next day . All good from me :)
racingdwarf
17-01-2014, 08:13 PM
good stuff just what I wanted to know:thumbsup:
cornishboy176
17-01-2014, 08:48 PM
He is a good man is our Wim :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
sparkyboy22
18-01-2014, 05:40 AM
If it's in stock then service is perfect. Great advice on the phone when needed.
If out of stock then delivery time can be sluggish and sometimes communication via email can match.
Still probably the best selection of 12th gear though.
lardy37
18-01-2014, 09:20 AM
If you need any thing for 12th cars Wim is your man, he supports all the national meets and tries to keep all stuff in stock as 12th is his thing but as I live about a mile from shop don't know about delivery but I know les is always busy doing orders
Chequered Flag Racing
18-01-2014, 11:12 AM
If your running the Serpent S120 as in your signature line ;) spares are hard to come by in the UK. Things like foams, tyres, bearings etc are always to hand at AMC though.
racingdwarf
18-01-2014, 11:56 AM
If your running the Serpent S120 as in your signature line ;) spares are hard to come by in the UK. Things like foams, tyres, bearings etc are always to hand at AMC though.
I was luck enough to get a hold load of spare parts with the car, I only race at a small local club nothing to serious, I realised before I bought the car parts are rare:D, so yer mainly after tyres etc and a few consumables oh and a new roll over mast:blush:
I will give him a ring monday
Bosscat
19-01-2014, 08:15 AM
As others have said he is great provided it is in stock very knowledgable and good response.
However there are others out there you could try
Zen racing
CPD racing
Pit-Bitz
Not quite the range that AMC has but worth a try..
Keith
jonathan may
19-01-2014, 12:46 PM
AMC is my local shop wim is a great guy and friend highly recommended
rondoolaa
19-01-2014, 02:39 PM
AMC is my local shop wim is a great guy and friend highly recommended
agreed, great guy and range, buy from him all the time and if he hasnt got it he will get it, and i only live half a mile away, :p
JimboJames1972
19-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Wim is excellent - what he does not know and what he cannot advise on is not worth knowing
He is always my first choice for all 1/12 gear
James
I ordered a diecast model on-line from Action Model Centre and used Pay Pal. Initially I was told it was not in stock then turns out the model was no longer available. I've been trying since late June to get a refund of my UKl19.55 but no success. It's either one excuse or another; Leslie last told me they were having computer problems. It's not the money but the principal. Are they a credible establishment ?Anyone have a similar experience with them?
jasonb
27-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Always best to phone, web stock is not live.
Jason
Top-cat30
10-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Excellent service, good job Wim keep it up :-)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.