PDA

View Full Version : Gearing for xb4


Lee24h
19-01-2014, 06:07 PM
What gearing is a good base for xb4 high grip indoors with a 5.5 and slight amount of boost
Cheers

OneKiwi
19-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Have you had a search?

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135680&highlight=gearing

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129836&highlight=gearing

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/SetupSheetsXrayXB4.html

leebunker
20-01-2014, 03:25 PM
19/81

andys
20-01-2014, 05:09 PM
On mine indoors / big track I run kit spur with 23/24 pinion on an 6.5 Orion Vortex.

Orion motors are quite soft and a bit tame, so maybe run a tooth or two lower with faster motors of the same wind - LRP X20 for example.

I tried a 5.5 Vampire this weekend (as I run the Vampire ESC) and by mistake I put the 24 pinion on instead of a 20. I was ballistic but thermaled at around 4mins!

OneKiwi
20-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Yep those vampire motors are animals, I love mine outdoors.

Im running 84/22 with orion 6T no boost/timing I also have a fan in front of the motor. Ran a whole pack and came off at @ 40°
I think it helps with temps going up to the 84