PDA

View Full Version : what supastox parts are need for spares


rondoolaa
20-01-2014, 12:38 PM
hi.

i just purchased a schumacher supastox and wondered what parts would you all recommend i keep in my spares box, is there anything that is a weak point on the car,

i dont want to start racing one of these without having the parts i may need at a race meet,

thanks for any replies :thumbsup:

mark christopher
20-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Since its launch I have ever only needed rear axle spur and servo saver

DCM
20-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Replacement wheels/foams, and, erm..... 4 cars running for 12 months, and nothing else... maybe a spur gear just in case you hit something hard and the motor shifts.

sparkyboy22
20-01-2014, 05:20 PM
I have bent 2 or 3 diff axles. I havent broken anything else.

stegger
20-01-2014, 05:25 PM
1spur gear as said above, nothing else. The car is SOLID !

SlowOne
20-01-2014, 09:42 PM
One rear axle bent - entirely my own fault - and er... nothing else.

rondoolaa
21-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Thankyou for the replies, I've purchased a new rw spur gear from your recommendations and just a few mods to make it look cosmetically better. Thanks again :thumbsup:

neallewis
21-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Rear axle. I keep a spare diff to swap out quickly, incase of bent axle or chewed spur. Bearings eventually get full of fluff,tyre crud and wear out. It's good to keep some spares.

Not mine, but I've seen servo savers break, also bent front stub axles, plastic servo posts, bosy posts and bent long spring carrier bolts.

rondoolaa
21-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Rear axle. I keep a spare diff to swap out quickly, incase of bent axle or chewed spur. Bearings eventually get full of fluff,tyre crud and wear out. It's good to keep some spares.

Not mine, but I've seen servo savers break, also bent front stub axles, plastic servo posts, bosy posts and bent long spring carrier bolts.

yer i think i will get a spare schuey diff and axle and mount my new spur on it for that exact reason, thanks :)