View Full Version : Worlds Edition announcement soon?
brookie
20-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Confirmation of what's already been rumoured/seen?
http://www.teamassociated.com/AREA51/
MattW
20-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Love the "parts listings"
jimmy
20-01-2014, 10:48 PM
1993 I won the Destiny demo party graphics competition in southport with my jurassic park inspired artwork!
It's a shame they've shut off the gold car and made it limited - I think there could be a following for both. I understand this is a more raceable reliable car etc - but it's a bit modern innit. :)
What's the difference between this and the championship edition 2? I have/had both cars. I have a CE2 here brand new - stealth and longer front arms.
What did the Worlds have different?
I think the gold tub looks so much cooler - hope it's not an expensive spare.
neallewis
20-01-2014, 11:25 PM
I think the gold tub looks so much cooler - hope it's not an expensive spare.
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-associated/rc10-classic/as6300-rc10-chassis.html
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-associated/rc10-classic/as6310-rc10-front-nose-plate.html
mtn bkr
21-01-2014, 03:54 AM
1993 I won the Destiny demo party graphics competition in southport with my jurassic park inspired artwork!
It's a shame they've shut off the gold car and made it limited - I think there could be a following for both. I understand this is a more raceable reliable car etc - but it's a bit modern innit. :)
What's the difference between this and the championship edition 2? I have/had both cars. I have a CE2 here brand new - stealth and longer front arms.
What did the Worlds have different?
I think the gold tub looks so much cooler - hope it's not an expensive spare.
The Worlds came with 2.2 rims and tires instead of 1.9, an upgraded bellcrank, milled chassis, composite arms, composite towers, different battery brace, titanium turnbuckles (at least I think it did) and a woven graphite transmission brace. I have all the Worlds parts on my RC10 Graphite except for the front tower, which I snapped last month. Hoping I can now get an inexpensive replacement now that it may be re-released.
jimmy
21-01-2014, 05:07 AM
Ah - was it a TEAM car that had a black chassis? Maybe that's the one I had. Certainly didn't have 2.2" rims or the other stuff you mentioned. It was like a black stealth tub car.
J'MM'N
21-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Yes Team car was black chassis with Stealth gearbox, "Worlds" car was a refined version with all the upgrades mentioned.
In the end all RC10's were released with stealth gearbox, so you could get graphite "Team Car", along with "CE" version with gold chassis/white plastics and finally with black plastics.
terry.sc
21-01-2014, 01:19 PM
What's the difference between this and the championship edition 2? I have/had both cars. I have a CE2 here brand new - stealth and longer front arms.
What did the Worlds have different?
Not as much as people make out. New steering arms that could be ballraced, new mounting hole for upper link on rear bulkhead, new rear shock mount with extra shock mounting holes, hard anodized shocks instead of golds, longer battery strap and 2.2" wheels. All the other changes were the same parts just made of different materials, stiffer reinforced arms, carbon shock mounts, carbon gearbox brace.
I think the gold tub looks so much cooler - hope it's not an expensive spare.The new tub has the front battery cup holes drilled further forwards, so you can fit a lipo in there.
franki
21-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I can't wait for this I hope it comes out ! This was the car I always wanted when I started racing but never ended up with one !
Thing is could it be raced today ?
franki
22-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Is any one going to race one day to day ?
Rayzerp
22-01-2014, 07:22 PM
No reason why u could not race it all the time now there will be a fresh supply of spairs.
franki
22-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Can't wait just hope it's soon
johnboy
24-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Here is the worlds car
johnboy
24-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Some more info
franki
24-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Notice they call it a Replica rather than rerelease
peetbee
24-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Replica probably because of the V2 slipper & shocks and CVDs.
If those V2 shocks are straight off the B4.1 then the bodies would be longer than the oroginals, meaning that the towers would have to be adjusted accordingly
Part number AS6002 is now live :thumbsup:
Retail price £249.99
Shops will have all the info soon (if not already) so back orders can be taken.
I wasn't taken by the Classic - but I want one of these :wub
xfactor
24-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi guys,
Is the chassis milled out like the original Worlds, I know its hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the standard Team chassis.
Thanks.
franki
24-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Oh yes :-)
bretts
24-01-2014, 05:56 PM
So...when's the MIP 4WD conversion coming out????
franki
24-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Oh yes :-)
But not till end of April :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
xfactor
24-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Oh yes :-)
FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!
franki
24-01-2014, 08:03 PM
What electrics are people thinking of using ?
terry.sc
24-01-2014, 09:28 PM
So...when's the MIP 4WD conversion coming out????As soon as someone orders 500 of them and pays for them up front.:lol: Eustace has said it isn't going to happen as it just isn't financially viable.
franki
24-01-2014, 10:01 PM
I assume it will be imperial ?
HyperDunley
26-01-2014, 10:21 AM
So excited by this... This was always the car that I wanted when I was a kid but never got :thumbdown: will be ordering one this time though :thumbsup:
What will this take motor wise? I will be racing it so still want to be competitive (as much as I can be!!)
Thanks
AC199
26-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I am failing to see the point of this release. Pointless car. How many times can you realistically race this car a year? Seems like a release for marketing purposes only, nostalgia will make a lot of people buy it for the many reasons given above...
If you blinged it with the 47 million upgrades from JC it'd end up being cheaper to buy a real life Bugatti Veyron!
I'll pass thanks...
franki
26-01-2014, 10:30 AM
I personally am looking forward to racing it something a bit retro and different I'm sure a 13.5 or 10.5 would be ok ???
JohnM
26-01-2014, 10:31 AM
On Red RC, they're saying Kinwald has a 7.0 in his:thumbsup:
MHeadling
26-01-2014, 10:35 AM
I'v raced my Team RC10 a few times indoors at Maritime and goes better than you'd expect for an old car, beat a few modern motor cars
I'm running a Hpi 8.5 with boost and gearbox held up just fine, only mod I did was add a B4.1 slipper and layshaft to the stealth box and its been fine.
I understand the Worlds re re comes with a B4.1 slipper so will be ready to go, Kinwald is running a Reedy 7t in his Worlds car at the Reedy Race so the gearbox seems to pretty bomb proof
MHeadling
26-01-2014, 10:37 AM
http://www.redrc.net/2014/01/brian-kinwalds-reedy-race-rc10-worlds-car/#more-76533
h0m3sy
26-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Some video from Red RC....
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVAufx6_WEw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuVAufx6_WEw
http://www.redrc.net/2014/01/brian-kinwalds-reedy-race-rc10-worlds-car/#more-76533
Mark, is that the worlds edition car. I like the black chassis, white plastics and carbon:thumbsup:. If it is I may have to invest :)
Mark, is that the worlds edition car. I like the black chassis, white plastics and carbon:thumbsup:. If it is I may have to invest :)
Lol answered my own question. Sorry I didn't look at the original link on page one :lol:.
HyperDunley
26-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I understand the Worlds re re comes with a B4.1 slipper so will be ready to go, Kinwald is running a Reedy 7t in his Worlds car at the Reedy Race so the gearbox seems to pretty bomb proof
Certainly looks quick enough on the video!! Looks pretty nimble on that track for an older car too...
Chrislong
26-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Whats next, the B2 and B3? :thumbsup:
I did love the B3 but many favoured the Losi XXX, until the B4 came along and raised the bar significantly.
franki
27-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Does any one know what shell comes with this and if they are already available so I can get one all done ready
terry.sc
27-01-2014, 07:06 PM
The body is Associateds interpretation of the RCPS Turbo Mirage. Don't expect to see it until the kit is released. If you want something earlier there is the limited edition Proline Mirage SS which should be available early February.
franki
27-01-2014, 07:15 PM
That's great thanks for your help, I simply can't wait
ste_lazzaro
27-01-2014, 10:06 PM
I am failing to see the point of this release. Pointless car. How many times can you realistically race this car a year? Seems like a release for marketing purposes only, nostalgia will make a lot of people buy it for the many reasons given above...
If you blinged it with the 47 million upgrades from JC it'd end up being cheaper to buy a real life Bugatti Veyron!
I'll pass thanks...
Agreed 101%!
I may understand the re-release of rc cars (I say "may"..) but definitely think that re-releasing the option parts is pure speculation.:thumbdown:
HyperDunley
21-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Is there any update on a release date in the UK? Also, what do you guys think the demand for these will be when released?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.