View Full Version : TORCH Winter series supported by X-Factory UK Round 4 Sunday 2nd March
AmiSMB
21-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Looking forward to TORCH Winter R4 this Sunday. For me it will be first race of 2014 and first since November. Looking forward to a good turnout and great banter as always.
hazeandfizz
21-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Looking forward to catching up pal.
See you on Sunday,
James.
Looking forward to TORCH Winter R3 this Sunday. For me it will be first race of 2014 and first since November. Looking forward to a good turnout and great banter as always.
Briangb
21-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Looking forward to catching up pal.
See you on Sunday,
James.
Same for me. First run of the new year. Certainly looking forward to it.
See you all there.
bobbin
21-01-2014, 12:04 PM
weather is looking promising too
RudeTony
21-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Book me in - LOL
:)
martin so16
21-01-2014, 12:24 PM
im planing on being there just cant marshall still on crutches after knee op
shaun m
21-01-2014, 02:14 PM
im planing on being there just cant marshall still on crutches after knee op
Ill do a couple of marshall stints for you martin :) .
I also can't wait till sunday , cars now had a proper full strip down ( after my dissapointing drive on sunday !:( ) needless to say it should be back on form , hopefully less crashing from me !!.
Are there any shops going ?:)
hotrodchris
21-01-2014, 04:09 PM
im planing on being there just cant marshall still on crutches after knee op
Martin be good to see you back this quickly since your op!
Is the fact that you are on crutches going to make a difference?:p:woot:LOL
Briangb
21-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Martin be good to see you back this quickly since your op!
Is the fact that you are on crutches going to make a difference?:p:woot:LOL
It will if I give him a nudge during our qualifiers.:drool:
Steve1973
23-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Will we be able to buy tyres and burgers on the day? :D
shaun m
24-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Will we be able to buy tyres and burgers on the day? :D
^^^ what steve said , will there be any tires available this weekend , just reallised its another all day meeting :)
AmiSMB
24-02-2014, 04:15 PM
If the weather stays dry who know we may need BB Whites! :o
bobbin
24-02-2014, 04:41 PM
i ran schumacher yellows yesterday in the final on my DB1 even got some grip roll lol
If the weather stays dry who know we may need BB Whites! :o
hotrodchris
24-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Gents there will be the normal food vender on site from 7am.
AmiSMB
25-02-2014, 07:31 AM
i ran schumacher yellows yesterday in the final on my DB1 even got some grip roll lol
I spoke to Chris and he said he was on Schumacher yellow. Do not forget though that the all day winter rounds are control tyre of Ballistic Buggy tyres wet or dry.
^^^ what steve said , will there be any tires available this weekend , just reallised its another all day meeting :)
Hi Shaun
Probably best to PM Steve so he can put some aside if he has any.
Cheers
Rob
wylie
25-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Can we make a heat of trucks,? I've managed to fix my short course and is ready to go. So come on and bring them trucks out.
AmiSMB
25-02-2014, 04:46 PM
I will bring mine out if you bring yours :thumbsup: Truck that is. Triple class time!
shaun m
25-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Hi Shaun
Probably best to PM Steve so he can put some aside if he has any.
Cheers
Rob
will do cheers rob :thumbsup:
Crazy L
25-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Can we make a heat of trucks,? I've managed to fix my short course and is ready to go. So come on and bring them trucks out.
Good luck with that mate.
AmiSMB
26-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Good luck with that mate.
I will beat you all with my new toy:-
http://rcracingtv.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tamiya-tumbling-bull-2wd-tractor-radio-controlled-1102.jpg
Squidzilla
26-02-2014, 01:13 PM
I've decided to close the shop and come down for this one. So all you 2WD guys can be safe in the knowledge that you will not be last :D
jamiekerr14
27-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Looking forward to this one.. hopefully my driving is better than the last time I was down. But not so hopeful as not raced in a while! fingers cross the weather is half decent!!!
Squidzilla
27-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Can anyone recommend a Battery I can use for Charging on site? I figure I may need it on Sunday :)
badgio
27-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Can we make a heat of trucks,? I've managed to fix my short course and is ready to go. So come on and bring them trucks out.
I've got rid of the nasty rtr rubber and got the Schumachers yellows you recommended Tony so I'll be there with with the ST ready to race! Andy's just gone out and got himself a truck as well... We'll have more trucks than buggies if this carries on! ;)
What tyres were you guys saying to use in the wet? I thought you'd said losi but can find any on t'interweb...
wylie
28-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi Andy, on the truck we were using Losi step pin in red compound in the wet or damp conditions, I have a brand new pair in my bag ready for you on Sunday.
Don't forget that this Sunday is control tyre on the rear of your 2wd buggy, ballistic buggy greens when wet and ballistic buggy white's when dry.
Can anyone recommend a Battery I can use for Charging on site? I figure I may need it on Sunday :)
Hi
If you are buying new you ideally you want a leisure/marine battery with a deep charge/discharge cycle. Standard car 12V batteries aren't really designed for the continuous discharge we impose on them whilst charging our cells from them and don't tend to last very long.
Anything from around 80A/Hours upwards will be more than enough for a days racing. If there are more than one of you using it you might want to go a little bigger just to be on the safe side as 110A ones are not a lot more expensive. I find caravan shops often sell them at a decent price or plenty of on-line places. Halfords do them but I have always found them more expensive. You will need a proper charger for it though as a standard car 12V charger will kill it fairly quickly.
However if you have a old 12V car battery lying around then I would use that until it dies.
Rob
Squidzilla
28-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks Rob, will go hunting for one this afternoon :D
Am looking forward to Sundays races will be cool to see if there is SC stuff racing.. kinda fancy getting myself one :D
badgio
28-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi Andy, on the truck we were using Losi step pin in red compound in the wet or damp conditions, I have a brand new pair in my bag ready for you on Sunday.
Don't forget that this Sunday is control tyre on the rear of your 2wd buggy, ballistic buggy greens when wet and ballistic buggy white's when dry.
I did hear talk of the ballistic on Sunday Tony... Should of been paying closer attention, I've only got ballistic greens! Doh! I bought some whites from a Steve on Sunday but I thought they were Schumacher, I'll have to check!
I'm Dean btw... Andy is the other one! ;) I had the truck on Sunday!... I'm gonna start signing off on my posts to prevent confusion! :)
Squidzilla, I've been using a secondhand battery I got from Silverlake for £20 for almost six months and is been fine... Never managed to run it down, but I think you can pick up leisure batteries for about £80 so depends what you prefer.
Dean! :)
Crazy L
28-02-2014, 11:10 PM
I will beat you all with my new toy:-
http://rcracingtv.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tamiya-tumbling-bull-2wd-tractor-radio-controlled-1102.jpg
Loving the springy bumper Fribbers. Should it not be green though?
Crazy L
28-02-2014, 11:19 PM
I'll be there with with the ST ready to race! We'll have more trucks than buggies if this carries on! ;)..
That's the attitude. Y'know, out of the 4 times I've taken my truck, could you guess how many times I've been the only one with their truck? If I sound like it pissed me off, then I sound correct.
Don't fret though, the truck is undergoing a mod or two and shall return to give you bastards a mobile chicane, the likes of which you've not known since last I attended.
badgio
28-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Don't fret though, the truck is undergoing a mod or two and shall return to give you bastards a mobile chicane, the likes of which you've not known since last I attended.
Ha ha, don't think we've met yet I assume you're Lionel, you won't miss me I'll be the unintentional second half of that mobile chicane due to being lapped by Dan and Steve! and Andy won't be there this week so I should be more easily distinguishable! ;)
Ha ha, don't think we've met yet I assume you're Lionel, you won't miss me I'll be the unintentional second half of that mobile chicane due to being lapped by Dan and Steve! and Andy won't be there this week so I should be more easily distinguishable! ;)
I thought you guys were like Ant and Dec - you only ever see them together and no-one knows which one is which:p:p:p
You should worry - somebody mistook me for Mikey Scott once:o
Hopefully see you tomorrow
Rob
RudeTony
01-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Have a great time everybody - I can't make it - Enjoy
Crazy L
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I assume you're Lionel
That I am.
I won't be there this week either, I have a big split in my windscreen, So, until that's done, I'm going nowhere.
Truck mod should be done by next weekend though, and It'll want testing :lol:
Crazy L
01-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Truck mod should be done by next weekend though, and It'll want testing :lol:
Yeah yeah, I know what you're all thinking, Why bother? Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind.
badgio
01-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah yeah, I know what you're all thinking, Why bother? Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind.
Keep the faith Lionel and push on with that mod... I might not be
around next week but there seems to be a few of us now so it will happen at some stage!!
Also would any of you good men be able to show me how to break in/set a ball diff in my 210 buggy tomorrow as I have taken out the RTR gear diff as I have a sneaking suspicion that it may as dry as a nuns ***** and I have no diff oil or seals (Will be visiting MB models shortly after writing this) :)
shaun m
01-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Keep the faith Lionel and push on with that mod... I might not be
around next week but there seems to be a few of us now so it will happen at some stage!!
Also would any of you good men be able to show me how to break in/set a ball diff in my 210 buggy tomorrow as I have taken out the RTR gear diff as I have a sneaking suspicion that it may as dry as a nuns ***** and I have no diff oil or seals (Will be visiting MB models shortly after writing this) :)
hey dean :woot:, i have some diff oil in my hauller , if you want some , if soo come and see me in the morning
badgio
01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey Shaun... Somebody knows my name!! :thumbsup:
I've put in the ball diff but if for some reason that doesn't work could attempt filling the gear diff... cheers buddy!
shaun m
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Hey Shaun... Somebody knows my name!! :thumbsup:
I've put in the ball diff but if for some reason that doesn't work could attempt filling the gear diff... cheers buddy!
cool :thumbsup: , who could forget you dean :woot::p
marley
02-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Gutted that I cant come today but I've got to work :-( However my DEST210 is ready to play next time I'm down.
Briangb
02-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Hey Shaun... Somebody knows my name!! :thumbsup:
I've put in the ball diff but if for some reason that doesn't work could attempt filling the gear diff... cheers buddy!
Hi Dave. err. Sorry. Dean I know your name. Ha Ha!
Briangb
02-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Gutted that I cant come today but I've got to work :-( However my DEST210 is ready to play next time I'm down.
Looks like I may be tempted to get out the 22T if I can find it in the garage.
May give it a run next week.
Crazy L
02-03-2014, 11:03 AM
I may be tempted to get out the 22T, give it a run next week.
LIKE :thumbsup:
Steve1973
02-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks to the committee for another great days racing! Did well to get it all in before the worst of the weather hit :thumbsup:
We all had great fun - a good clean run from Alex in the junior final to win it! Tom was up into the lead of the B final within the first lap from third on the grid before he knocked off a steering arm again, and how I made the tail end of the A final, I will never know. Can't wait till the next one!:D:D
badgio
02-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Was a great day... Thanks to Tony for the loan of the Losi or I would not of had such a great day! ;)
So list of drivers with trucks wanting to race them:
Me (Dean!)
Andy (not Dean!)
Tony
Cammers
Brian
Lionel
And maybe even
Dan and Steve...
That's eight drivers, got to be enough of us to sort out a race! Dec and I are not around next week (much better things to be doing like going to dog shows :wtf: ) but we'll be back in force the week after so what's the chances of a big dumb truck race???
wylie
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Your welcome Ant
AmiSMB
02-03-2014, 06:24 PM
The results are now up. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view.
badgio
02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Your welcome Ant
I have a couple of pairs of your wheels here Tony, I'll keep them safe til I see you next... At the truck race!!
The results are now up. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view.
Good work Grant :) thanks for supplying parts today to allow me to give car a couple of runs outdoors. Few tweaks and she shall be as I like, but pretty pleased.
hotrodchris
02-03-2014, 08:19 PM
So Grant what did you think of the TM4 first run outdoors?
jamiekerr14
02-03-2014, 10:59 PM
XB4 wins the meeting.... Just saying :p:thumbsup:
haha No but jokes aside... the TM4 for Grant and Dan looked good!
Briangb
03-03-2014, 08:33 AM
XB4 wins the meeting.... Just saying :p:thumbsup:
haha No but jokes aside... the TM4 for Grant and Dan looked good!
Well done Jamie. I was only there for the finals trying to take some photos. Have to say your winter break does not seem to have affected your speed. The XB4 looked impressive in your hands.
It will be interesting to see Dan's ( and Grant and Chris) progress with the TM4.
See you soon.
Well done Jamie. I was only there for the finals trying to take some photos. Have to say your winter break does not seem to have affected your speed. The XB4 looked impressive in your hands.
It will be interesting to see Dan's ( and Grant and Chris) progress with the TM4.
See you soon.
What Jamie forgot to mention is I Won all qualifiying and TQ for the day Lol Jamie got his normal break in final from me me making some mistakes. But fair enough he took the win. TM4 very promising, time wise set some of the fastest laps of the day. Still both I and Jamie walked away with a 100 points each. So not a bad days work.
hotrodchris
03-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Ahh the truth is out then?:o
So Jamie took you out Dan?:confused:
Bernie_W
03-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Well done Jamie. I was only there for the finals trying to take some photos. Have to say your winter break does not seem to have affected your speed. The XB4 looked impressive in your hands.
It will be interesting to see Dan's ( and Grant and Chris) progress with the TM4.
See you soon.
Brian where do you post your photos would be nice to see them
Bernie
Briangb
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
What Jamie forgot to mention is I Won all qualifiying and TQ for the day Lol Jamie got his normal break in final from me me making some mistakes. But fair enough he took the win. TM4 very promising, time wise set some of the fastest laps of the day. Still both I and Jamie walked away with a 100 points each. So not a bad days work.
Well done Dan. Thanks for making that clear for me. You know I would never do you a disservice. Must admit Jamie dosn't always get the best of luck, so guess it was his turn.
I am sure you will get your own back. Shame I missed the heats, but then if I hadn't I would have been racing.
Briangb
03-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Brian where do you post your photos would be nice to see them
Bernie
Hi Bernie. Have to admit that my photographic skills are not up to much
at the moment. Absolutely nothing worth seeing as most of them were blurred.
Really just getting used to the camera in preparation for a holiday trip overseas.
Will most likely bring the camera to future meetings, so hopefully get some decent shots during the coming months.
bobbin
03-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Hi Bernie. Have to admit that my photographic skills are not up to much
at the moment. Absolutely nothing worth seeing as most of them were blurred.
Really just getting used to the camera in preparation for a holiday trip overseas.
Will most likely bring the camera to future meetings, so hopefully get some decent shots during the coming months.
i would like to think any photos of my car are blurred because it was travelling so god damn fast ;)
jamiekerr14
04-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Dan made a mistake which I was able to use to gain a nice buffer. And just drove a solid race till the flag. At the end of the day its racing, and we all have days when things dont go our way. Which tbh.. was me in qualifying. Just managed to take advantage of Dan's error...
Which means *I was lucky- according to Dan*:p.. but its all good fun :thumbsup:
hotrodchris
05-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Dan made a mistake which I was able to use to gain a nice buffer. And just drove a solid race till the flag. At the end of the day its racing, and we all have days when things dont go our way. Which tbh.. was me in qualifying. Just managed to take advantage of Dan's error...
Which means *I was lucky- according to Dan*:p.. but its all good fun :thumbsup:
You finally bit then Jamie?:thumbsup::):rolleyes::p
jamiekerr14
05-03-2014, 06:14 PM
haha well we all know its never Dan's fault he made the mistake :p
Thought I would explain it in more detail haha
SteveB
07-03-2014, 08:17 AM
haha well we all know its never Dan's fault he made the mistake :p
Thought I would explain it in more detail haha
Jamie, defo right there it's the jump fault, he made it lol
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.