PDA

View Full Version : Gluing Foams to Rims


Snelo
23-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Hi All,

Whats the best method and glue to use for gluing foams to rims?

Cheers

DCM
23-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I use very thin carpet tape, clean rim, apply tape, spray motor cleaner over the inside of tyre and over tape adhesive, slide tyre over, allow to dry, true up, done.

JimboJames1972
23-01-2014, 11:40 PM
I alternate between flexible Super Glues and contact adhesives (Evil stick).

I can't sat hand on heart which is best for me - sometimes one works better than the other, sometimes the other way around. What I do insist on though is that I glue up each batch the same and don't mix and match on the car.

Just do whatever works for you.

James

outsider
31-01-2014, 12:27 AM
when using a contact adhesive i sand the wheels first to get some grip for the glue,it can be messy as you slide them on but when dry it just peels off