View Full Version : New 4WD?
So - seeing as Losi have their new 4WD buggy out, and the XB4 and Yokomo cars seems to be finding favour, what are the chances of AE releasing an updated / revamped version of the B44.2?
I'm thinking alloy chassis and gear diffs as standard?
I've heard this is what was being trialled at the Worlds, so will it see the light of day for us mortals?
AfroP
23-01-2014, 02:53 PM
So - seeing as Losi have their new 4WD buggy out, and the XB4 and Yokomo cars seems to be finding favour, what are the chances of AE releasing an updated / revamped version of the B44.2?
I'm thinking alloy chassis and gear diffs as standard?
I've heard this is what was being trialled at the Worlds, so will it see the light of day for us mortals?
The alloy chassis used at the worlds was the avid chassis and the gear diffs were bugle boy durango conversions
steveproracing
23-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Not entirely correct.
Yes Steven hartson and Ben jemison were running avid chassis
Neil, cav and maifield were running prototype chassis' that were alloy and were the same geometry of the 44.1. Ie 8mm shorter. ? What thickness the alloy was. The diffs were I believe bugle boy Durango hybrids.
Fingers crossed they liked what they tried and it'll be an AE kit soon.
I'll be upgrading my 4WD fleet of 2 x B44's soon - obviously looking at B44.2's but if there's something in the pipeline with gear diffs as stock then I'll hang fire before parting with my cash.
NeilD
23-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Neil runs a Paul Worsley mod not the Bugle Boy.
The Worlds kit, alloy chassis and gear diffs, is very likely to happen but with the two new B5's about to launch I think it's fair to assume all of AE's time has gone into those, but as they are so secretive we could see an update to the car soon?
learnerdriver
23-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Not entirely correct.
Yes Steven hartson and Ben jemison were running avid chassis
Neil, cav and maifield were running prototype chassis' that were alloy and were the same geometry of the 44.1. Ie 8mm shorter. ? What thickness the alloy was. The diffs were I believe bugle boy Durango hybrids.
I thought Ben was running his own design of Durango diff hybrid ?
NeilD
23-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I thought Ben was running his own design of Durango diff hybrid ?
He is, the pinion gear is pressed onto the shaft. Bugle Boy's uses the pin. I've used Ben's for a while now and it's spot on.
Hofvander
23-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Very recent wc title with the B44 platform..New 2wd buggies on their way.
Believe there's a good chance we will see a new four wheeler this year. Listened to the interview with Associateds designer and he spoke of ease of maintenance of the two new cars. And how much that was important..
B44 is everything but easy to maintain when it comes to accessing diffs etc.
They switched to metric standard as well.
A new car altogether is my guess. Not a B44.3
discothesnake
23-01-2014, 11:36 PM
According to Red RC the AE guys are running a B44.4?
Whatever that is.
NeilD
24-01-2014, 09:23 AM
According to Red RC the AE guys are running a B44.4?
Whatever that is.
Says B44.2 here:
http://events.redrc.net/2014/01/associateds-ryans-top-practice-at-reedy-race/
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.