View Full Version : Moving B44.1 rear shock to the back of the tower
cutting42
26-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi All
Has anyone experimented with moving the rear shocks on a B44 car behind the shock tower. I am thinking of doing it for traction on a B42 conversion. Not sure swapping arms around will work, any thoughts?
ste_lazzaro
26-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Hi!
No the arms are not symmetrical, so swapping them would affect overall geometry. Only way is to drill holes for the shocks at the back.
;)
cutting42
27-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Yeah I found that out swapping them round and it went a bit screwy :blush:
Will try drilling and tapping some new holes.
jasonrcb
27-01-2014, 07:33 AM
As Ste has said the easiest way is just redrill the wishbones,at the minute most of the Cobra drivers seem to prefer the shocks forward mounted.
ste_lazzaro
27-01-2014, 10:58 AM
What surface do you race on? Are you using the 87g ballast?
I found traction on carpet was very good even with worn tires..
cutting42
27-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Mainly I race indoor carpet 2WD but possibly will try a few high traction outdoor astro like Stotfold this year.
The car is still in build but I do have the 87g weight. I am hoping to have it running this Thursday to try a few configurations out.
ste_lazzaro
27-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Ok.. Test it before turning the Dremel on.. :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.