View Full Version : associated b4 help needed please folks
mikef350
29-01-2014, 02:42 PM
hi all
This is ny first step up to a decent buggy after being into olds hook tamiya and nitro models.
I bought a second handassociated b4 buggy and set about rebuilding it with lots new parts.its the stealth kit version with some nice factory team parts fitted and I intend to start racing with it this year so my question is can the newer b4.2 parts fit this buggy and is it worth doing
fidspeed
29-01-2014, 04:22 PM
best advice get racing with what you have enjoy it its a damn good car and you wont relly see much improvement if you invest in it by trying to upgrade
look round where your going to race most see what the locals race and if it takes your fancy try a different newer chassis
dave fid (louth RRRC)
Big G
29-01-2014, 04:24 PM
yes a lot of the B4.2 parts will fit straight on. Not the shell without the chassis change too mind.
The only real note is towards the diff/gearbox as the .2 has metric bearings and the earlier (non .1 or .2) models had imperial.
Richard Lowe
29-01-2014, 05:06 PM
The only real note is towards the diff/gearbox as the .2 has metric bearings and the earlier (non .1 or .2) models had imperial.
They made the change for the 4.1 :)
mikef350
29-01-2014, 08:45 PM
best advice get racing with what you have enjoy it its a damn good car and you wont relly see much improvement if you invest in it by trying to upgrade
look round where your going to race most see what the locals race and if it takes your fancy try a different newer chassis
dave fid (louth RRRC)
Cheers mate your rite.
Big G
29-01-2014, 11:04 PM
They made the change for the 4.1 :)
that's what I said... the non .1 and .2 models had imperial
Richard Lowe
29-01-2014, 11:14 PM
that's what I said... the non .1 and .2 models had imperial
My tiny brain didn't process that properly the first time I read it :p
mikef350
30-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Big G what's that associated buggy in your signature mate? I like the look of that.
ste_lazzaro
30-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Sorry guys.. I have a 4.1, and diff bearings are metric. I swear!!:)
You can check downloading the manual from AE site.
Comparing the manuals would greatly help in finding common parts between different versions..
Big G
31-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Big G what's that associated buggy in your signature mate? I like the look of that.
It was my Centro C4.1 with Proline's Bulldog fitted, Oswestry national 2012 :thumbsup:
My C4.2 looks near identical :)
Ste, yes that is correct. the B4.1 had metric diff bearings.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.