View Full Version : New to short course nats!
marshmallow
30-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Hi guys just wondering if you could clear up a couple of things for me.
Is there any motor limits for the nats?
Is it 2s lipos only?
Just a couple of questions :-D
Thanks
Checa
30-01-2014, 06:34 AM
There arent many but they can be found here
http://www.ukshortcourse.com/rules.html
Justingt5
13-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Im new too and signed up last night for the 1st round at Cov in May.
Anyone have any insight as to what the track surface is like on the dirt in terms of tyre selection.
I see all these descriptions like loose and loamy etc and to be honest have not idea what tyres to get for this event. Descriptions for tyres are not really that helpful as they all say "great on many types of dirt surface" or similar generic descriptions which help none at all when trying to choose.
I am trying to avoid spending £150 on new wheels n tyres for one event?
Mark A
21-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi Dude here from Coventry, welcome to short course.
There is a variety of tyres that work , I'm using my tyres from last year still.
Kit tyres or ribs up front, AKA City blocks , bow fighters , calibers or maglevs work on the dirt.
Other tyres not tested by myself are blockades and choppers.
The wear rate is good on most tyres and one set will last at least 2 to 3 meeting.
Please ask if you have any other questions.
Dude
quincey
21-04-2014, 09:06 PM
im running m4 proline blockades and std associated up front,ive tried jconcept goosebumps they are good when new,subcultures work on the straights but seem to lack traction through the corners...but its all to do with how youve set the car.... just make sure the shell has some holes in it as coventry does get a bit windy and can see you car pulling wheelies down the main straight!!... apart from that just ask for help with setups...we are all very helpful....
john wolfe
22-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Coventry dirt track is hard and dusty it's wicked. I use megabits blocks
Guys it dose get very windy it's my home ground cmcc
John
Is anybody able to offer tyre advice for a Stadium truck for the same meeting as looking at putting an entry in.
Slider SCT
24-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Just signed up for the 2wd sct class,it'll be my first sc nat:woot:
Is anyone camping there on the Saturday night?
Steve
john wolfe
24-04-2014, 10:44 AM
There will be a few camping Steve best be there as soon as u can mate and astro will be open to use dirt opens on race day everyone welcome lots of fun
John
Slider SCT
24-04-2014, 11:01 AM
There will be a few camping Steve best be there as soon as u can mate and astro will be open to use dirt opens on race day everyone welcome lots of fun
John
Ahh so you can't practice on the actual dirt track?,not much point in going on the Saturday then
Steve
john wolfe
24-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Sorry I got it wrong the track is open Saturday sorry
John
Slider SCT
24-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Sorry I got it wrong the track is open Saturday sorry
John
Nice one John,least I can get used to it on Saturday then :-)
john wolfe
24-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Ground is hard going with some dusty corners
John. I am using blocks
Mark A
24-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Anyone struggling to get tyres , I have 2 or 3 pairs I'm prepared to sell , goose bumps , part worn calibers and maybe some Louise rc tyres.
The track is getting juiced and rolled before the short course meeting as part of the rally x Nats prep
Mark A
24-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Also forgot to mention short course Is catered for at our Midland Dirt Masters, 24th,25th,26th May, camping from Friday night
3 days of racing for charity be good to see more than 1 heat this year.
Go to our web site for more details.
Mark A
24-04-2014, 07:03 PM
1/10 truck tyres , rib up front and HPI ground assault rear or proline gladiators
Mark A
24-04-2014, 08:19 PM
James has first dibs on some tyres,
I've had a bit of a sort out and have found 8 pairs of part worn used and good used tyres.
I will bring them with me on the Saturday practice at the sc Nats .
john wolfe
24-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Mark how much is it race for the 3 days nats
1/10 truck tyres , rib up front and HPI ground assault rear or proline gladiators
Thanks Mark,
Full rib for the front or Schumacher stagger rib?
Mark A
25-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Safk full ribs
John £8 I think but check the short course website
Safk full ribs
John £8 I think but check the short course website
Thanks for the reply Mark, I'll try & get some sorted & hopefully a few other people will enter Stadium trucks too
Can anyone suggest a shop / website that may:
A. Have suitable matching fronts & rears for a stadium truck in stock
B. Not require 3-7 working days to despatch them :confused:
Citchn
25-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Hi mate, you asked wingers at silverstone? Or jez? If not schumacher direct mate:-)
Slider SCT
25-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Can anyone suggest a shop / website that may:
A. Have suitable matching fronts & rears for a stadium truck in stock
B. Not require 3-7 working days to despatch them :confused:
I happen to have a set of hpi front ribs and ground assault rears mounted If you want them?
Steve
Hi mate, you asked wingers at silverstone? Or jez? If not schumacher direct mate:-)
HI Simon,
It's tyres for dirt I'm looking for as hoping to enter Coventry on Sunday
I happen to have a set of hpi front ribs and ground assault rears mounted If you want them?
Steve
What fitting are the wheels Slider??
Slider SCT
26-04-2014, 05:44 PM
What fitting are the wheels Slider??
I think they're hpi rims but not 100% look like 12 mm hexes.
Pm me your email address and I'll mail you some pics mate
I think they're hpi rims but not 100% look like 12 mm hexes.
Pm me your email address and I'll mail you some pics mate
A measurement from side to side or corner to corner if easier of the mounting hex will do but it sounds like it will be too small. I think Apex may have some Pro lines in stock so going to call them in the morning.
graveltrap
27-04-2014, 07:30 AM
I've got a set of ribs and holeshots for a Stadium truck (kit tyres from a t4) not sure the hole shots will work at coventry, do t want anything for them I can give them to a coventry committee member if you want them...
I've got a set of ribs and holeshots for a Stadium truck (kit tyres from a t4) not sure the hole shots will work at coventry, do t want anything for them I can give them to a coventry committee member if you want them...
That is very generous of you and much appreciated. Any recommendations for which insert to use?
I will get my entry in today.
graveltrap
27-04-2014, 02:23 PM
They come with foams just run them! Mark A (aka dude) has them now, he will be in or around race control next weekend, you'll need wheels BTW.
Thank you very much again. I have also ordered some tyres that I hope wwill arrive in time too.
Entry is in, just hope a couple more stadium trucks come out to play!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.