View Full Version : sunday 9th Feb
racingdwarf
04-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi all
We are racing this coming weekend, I know this because the forecast for the end of the week and saturday is wet…nice :(
craigieboy46
05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
hi ill be there fingers crossed for the weather same as last weekend would be nice.HA
danielc3009
05-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Hi, I'll be there weather permitting
simonrhart
06-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Have you built your Losi 22-4 yet?
racingdwarf
06-02-2014, 12:43 AM
:D just:blush:
I'll pop along unless it's hammering it down.
22-4 looks good Dave, that reminds me I need to talk to you about spraying shells.
simonrhart
06-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Very nice. You are way ahead of me! I have the front end built only. I was going to paint my shell green but now your's has me thinking. Maybe I should try some liquid mask for a change...
Simon
racingdwarf
06-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Long lost JCB, would be good to see you mate.
Didn't use liquid mask on this one simon, Just used tamiya masking tape as one of the reasons I have changed to this paint job is it's quick and easy, all straight lines, I have to be organised with liquid mask as it needs at least 24hrs to dry I always forget then just want to get the shell done :blush:
JohnM
06-02-2014, 02:14 PM
:D just:blush:
Looking good MrE.
racingdwarf
06-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the car, Now back to business.
Weather forecast for sunday looks good, but from now until saturday night is very wet The site drains well, the dirt track will be off due to surface puddles but with luck saturday will be showers and dry pm and overnight the grass track should be ok, I will go down saturday afternoon last light and see how it all looks, if its a swamp I will post on here and call it off:cry: so we don't get me and two others standing there looking at a damp track just incase anyone else comes
Dandare
07-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm certainly planning on coming up sunday, just keeping a quiet eye on the general interest... and the weather. According to the Beeb it's now showing dry saturday & sunday, maybe the wind will dry everything out :thumbsup:
If all else fails & it's waaay too grimey, I might have a weatherproof (1/18th scale) solution :D
simonrhart
07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
:D just:blush:
Dave, did you find the front right wishbone suspension travel is limited due to the diff spring seems to be too long as it's preventing the drive shaft from entering the diff assembly.
How did you get around this?
The rear looks the same too.
Cheers
Simon
racingdwarf
07-02-2014, 10:31 PM
No mate, no probs front or rear:confused:, check back through the book make sure you have got it all built right, I know it sounds silly but your the 1st I've heard of with this problem, I know what you are saying,I had that problem with the mad monkey few years ago but never had it with any other car,
Errm things I can think of off the top of my head:
Did you crush spring before building diff
Thrust race built correctly
Is the nut holder all the way home and you are not actually tightening diff(long shot that:blush:)
Are you using the correct bolt
are all the diff balls and thrust race balls seated properly as if not they could be causing the diff to be wider than it should be by a few mm, If you had a fiddle putting the thrust race in and it fell apart so you had another go, make sure you have the correct number off balls and that one hasn't crept into the drive cup.
I have just had another look at mine and I have loads of clearance throughout out full suspension travel, so you must have a fairly obvious problem somewhere…front and rear:confused::confused:
racingdwarf
07-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Hmm one last thought, not even sure it's possible without checking part No's but you haven't managed to get the slipper spring and diff spring muddled up, real long shot that:blush:
simonrhart
08-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Hmm one last thought, not even sure it's possible without checking part No's but you haven't managed to get the slipper spring and diff spring muddled up, real long shot that:blush:
Thanks Dave. Your message prompted me to check the diff assembly. Turns out I put the screw through the wrong side. So there is a difference in how the spring sits in that it has to sit on the correct side - they are not symmetrical.
This is a lesson not to build a new car at 4am when you are jet lagged to hell! :thumbdown:
So I just swapped the diff's around and now they are great and nice and smooth still :thumbsup:
Cheers mate
Simon
racingdwarf
08-02-2014, 12:43 AM
Ah good stuff, oversight normally the case:thumbsup:
Losi did used to have a funny cartoon at the beginning of their instruction manuals, it would have just about summed the situation up:lol:
racingdwarf
08-02-2014, 12:58 AM
found it:D
simonrhart
08-02-2014, 04:20 PM
That's awesome! decided to paint something different and try the art of more than 1 colour. Lets see how it goes...
Simon
racingdwarf
08-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Not had any rain today,track should be fine for tomorrow so racing is on:thumbsup:
SimonW
08-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Workin'........... :(
ShaunieT
08-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Hi guys,
Not going to be able to make this meeting,sorry :thumbdown:
Dandare
08-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Hi guys,
Not going to be able to make this meeting,sorry :thumbdown:
:(
I'll be there, will aim for 10:30 as the Beeb says rain to start, brightening up around midday.
racingdwarf
09-02-2014, 12:43 AM
no probs shame some have to work etc, but thats life:(, should be an ok day anyway,maybe a bit errrm windy up there listening to it howl outside at the min, drying the track a treat tho:thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.