View Full Version : TORCH Winter Series this Sunday 9th Feb
Don't forget it is the next round of the winter series this Sunday. Details as below:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137379
Weather is currently looking good for Sunday. :thumbsup:
So who is coming? I am expecting Jack's football match to be cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch so looking forward to racing using the new rostrum.
Rob
bobbin
07-02-2014, 09:42 AM
its a yes from me
martin so16
07-02-2014, 09:48 AM
count me in :thumbsup:
AmiSMB
07-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Good luck guys have a good one. I am unable to make it as I am being taken away for my birthday on Saturday.
hotrodchris
07-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately still have the remainder of a chest infection to deal with plus am working this weekend.
Rob would love to know what forecast you are looking at as the advanced weather warnings from the Met Office and EA that I get sent at work are saying different?:confused:
Unfortunately this means that i wont have raced for over a month at Maritne next weekend?:o
Squidzilla
07-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Will be down with my brother again :) anything we need to know?
Rob would love to know what forecast you are looking at as the advanced weather warnings from the Met Office and EA that I get sent at work are saying different?:confused:
Hi Chris
I was using:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/so32
Earlier this morning it was saying dry all day. Now suggesting light rain shower at 3.00pm. You just need to keep checking forecasts until you find one you like.:p
Hope you are feeling better soon. See you at Maritime.
Rob
hotrodchris
07-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Hi Chris
I was using:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/so32
Earlier this morning it was saying dry all day. Now suggesting light rain shower at 3.00pm. You just need to keep checking forecasts until you find one you like.:p
Rob
OK a of bit blinkered approach, but it works for me!:thumbsup:
bobbin
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Will be down with my brother again :) anything we need to know?
Ballistic tyres on the drive axles only, greens wet, whites as it dries
hazeandfizz
07-02-2014, 03:19 PM
I'm in for some more rear motor action :thumbsup:.
See you all Sunday,
James.
badger5
07-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Ballistic tyres on the drive axles only, greens wet, whites as it dries
Robin, for ever the optimist. :woot:
See you all Sunday.
bobbin
07-02-2014, 04:10 PM
lol :)
knighthawk
07-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Can't make this Sunday,
I've been ready for the last two weeks but the weather cancelled etc, shame really.
Good luck to all
Cammers
07-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Did I read it wrong or was the winter series not postponed till the 2nd of march?
Hi Cammers
The January round was cancelled until March 2nd. This is the Feb round.
Just to confirm for everyone, the remaining rounds are:
9th Feb
2nd Mar
23rd Mar
Rob
gwesty
07-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi guys , I'm planning on making an appearance Sunday but wondered if tyres will be available ? Thanks in advance Glenn
Cammers
07-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi Cammers
The January round was cancelled until March 2nd. This is the Feb round.
Just to confirm for everyone, the remaining rounds are:
9th Feb
2nd Mar
23rd Mar
Rob
Thanks Rob for clarifying, bummer cause I can't make it:thumbdown:
Hi guys , I'm planning on making an appearance Sunday but wondered if tyres will be available ? Thanks in advance Glenn
Hi Glenn
I think Steve has some so probably worth sending him a PM to check/reserve.
Cheers
Rob
MattPR8
08-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know what the weather has been like down at the track today and how the its looking for tomorrow?
Steve.T
08-02-2014, 08:15 PM
The forcast still looks favourable but its the wind that worries me
Squidzilla
09-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Had a great day today, first time racing and really enjoyed it (even when I fell on my ass!!!)
Weather was better than we could have hoped, and some fun racing to watch. Well done to the winners, will the third final times be posted somewhere? Felt like it was my best round :)
Briangb
09-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks to the TORCH committee for putting on a great meeting. Could not believe how good the track was. Also it was good to use the new rostrum. W ell done to everyone involved.
Overall I enjoyed the day. I always need to go quicker, but consistency is the key.
Car now partially stripped. Will continue with the strip down and clean/maitainance during the week.
Looking forward to next time.
bobbin
09-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Brian,
What was the name of that cleaning stuff you said was worth getting?
Cheers
Robin
hazeandfizz
09-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Top day, thanks all for your hard to keep the track open.
Cheers,
James.
Briangb
09-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Brian,
What was the name of that cleaning stuff you said was worth getting?
Cheers
Robin
Robin.
If you meant the mtb one, it was Juice Lubes.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.