View Full Version : micro forum
gerbil
11-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Hi is the forum down or is it just me that can't get on it ??
hit5005
11-02-2014, 07:12 AM
It's down :(
XzedamX
18-02-2014, 01:42 PM
very sad!:(
Danosborne6661
18-02-2014, 06:08 PM
It's down for now. It will be back up once hosting is sorted.
XzedamX
20-02-2014, 09:04 PM
good news!
gerbil
12-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Any news yet guys :thumbsup:
davidmog99
12-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Uk microrc was the forum that got me back in to racing nearly 8 years ago i think.
A certain cris oxley was fantastic in building up the whole micro scene.
I went to the first uk micro challenge and it was great to see top drivers (olly jeffries and craig drescher if i remember, and i think doughty?) racing.
I was terrible all day trying to control a mamba powered rc18. A Great fun day racing.
I hope the forum lives on.
Jonesy
12-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Please bear with us with regards to the Micro forum.
We should have something up and running shortly and trust me once we do it wll be fully publicised everywhere
This year has seen the most successful year for the section and we are already building towards a bigger and better 2014-2015 season
Balders
17-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Posted from http://www.MicroRCracer.com
Hello all
I would like to introduce you to www.microrcracer.com, the new home of all things related to Micro racing in the world. The aim of the website is to become a one stop shop for all information relating to the racing of cars that are 1/16th scale and smaller. We will bring you latest and breaking news from around the UK and the world as well as provide you with a dedicated forum for you to interact with fellow racers and manufacturers. We will also use the website to provide you, the racer, with all the information required to enter our BRCA Micro Nationals
For those of you who have been following Micro racing in the UK over the past 10 years you will know that the Micro scene has come on leaps and bounds. We started by racing smaller vehicles such as the SWB LRP Shark and Losi Mini-T and we know find ourselves racing 1/16th scale, reliable, resilient and more importantly cost effective cars such as the Phat Bodies Chunk, Carisma GTB, EMB-1 and the Losi Mini-8
The micro community also continues to grow not just here in the UK but around the world and what we do in UK is mirrored in other countries which is why it is important for us to have this website. With this in mind we are looking for more contributors so if you feel you can bring something to the website please get in touch, whether it’s in the form of race reports or car reviews, we want this to be fun! Contact us via email -
[email protected] (mailto:
[email protected])
On behalf of the BRCA and the Micro community I’d like to thank the guys that have helped make this website possible, Mike Baldwin, Pete Belsten, Adam McBride and Dan Osborne among others, I would like to openly thank you guys for your work so far!
Finally I would like to thank Cris Oxley who all of those years ago laid the foundations for what we have today, without Cris the Micro scene would not exist in the way it does today
Enjoy the new home of Micro Racing, www.microrcracer.com (http://www.MicroRCracer.com)
Andy Jones
BRCA Micro Section Entries Officer
What happened to the old forum :(
Jonesy
19-03-2014, 09:44 PM
What happened to the old forum :(
Hi ross
Unfortunately hosting issues mean we had to lose UK-Micro RC in it's former guise.
However, the new website and forum www.microrcracer.com is designed to encompass everything you'll need with regards to racing 1/16th scale or smaller.
We will be looking at hosting some of the old forum posts as we have a read only copy, watch this space
All feedback appreciated
Hi ross
Unfortunately hosting issues mean we had to lose UK-Micro RC in it's former guise.
However, the new website and forum www.microrcracer.com is designed to encompass everything you'll need with regards to racing 1/16th scale or smaller.
We will be looking at hosting some of the old forum posts as we have a read only copy, watch this space
All feedback appreciated
That's a shame :yawn:.
Jonesy
23-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Don't see it as a negative though Ross, everyone from the old forum is coming across and we have plans for the website and forum so watch this space
davidmog99
31-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi. Could you send me an activation code please? I cant post on the forum.
Thanks
David
DragonRider
29-04-2014, 07:11 PM
I can not post on the new forum please help
Mark
Dombrasky
29-04-2014, 10:12 PM
are you registered and logged in??
DragonRider
29-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes registered and logged in.
When I click on New Thread I get a no permission page.
Danosborne6661
30-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Make sure you've activated your account via email.
metalmickey0
01-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Make sure you've activated your account via email.
Just seen this and went there for a look see.
A bit non user friendly I think isn't it. Nothing like the old forum where everything was listed in one place. And I can't find a home page to even log on.
I only assume its a work in process site. Hope it gets more friendlier. ;-)
Danosborne6661
01-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Top right, login. http://www.microrcracer.com/Forum/
Balders
01-05-2014, 09:26 AM
What may have happened is when you registered if you didn't fill out the required forms correctly then we put the account into pending. This is mainly to stop spammers trying to sell penis enlargements... :\
If an account looks legitimate (full name put in, location etc) and the account doesn't look suspect then it will get authorized automatically.
It's just an extra bit of security that we have in place to help make the forum safe and fun for everyone.
As for usability, I think its pretty good compared to the old forum. Yes there are sections missing but as the content builds we will add them in on request. There is a section called 'Comments/Suggestions' on the main forum so if you would like to see any features added or sections re-introduced then please either PM me or post a comment in this section and we will look at it. :)
Cheers
Mike
sldmodels
16-06-2014, 03:47 PM
What actually happened to bring the old forum down? I was asked by Phil Sleigh about the .com website that I had registered, and I let him know when it would run out that I wouldn't be renewing it (he asked if it could be transferred to him and we tried without success, but seeing as it was about to run out anyway we let it). Even if the new forum is the one to use now, having the older domain name as a forwarder wouldn't hurt.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.