PDA

View Full Version : wing mounts


alex97
13-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Hello
I've been wonndering if there is somthing that would let me use a screw to hold my wing in place on my b44.1 as I keep losing the R clips and I perfure using screws.

Thanks

ste_lazzaro
13-02-2014, 10:26 PM
...I think I already heard this song.. :lol:
I perfectly agree with you, but I don't see a solution.
The B44 family wing mount is not an example of clever design..

Steven Forster
13-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I got some of these......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SGF-3BY-1-16-1-10-Small-Navy-Blue-Body-Clips-x-5-115mm-/250505689161?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a534d7849

Just cut them to the right length and you wont lose anymore ;)

cutting42
14-02-2014, 12:44 AM
Get JConcepts ally wing mount, saw off the mounting lug, drill and tap a vertical hole through. Job done but you might need a new wing with a smaller hole and use a large washer to spread the load, I use an old rear wheel pin taper washer so it looks a bit blingy.

Could try with the plastic wing mount but there is not much meat there for the screw thread to stay functional.

alex97
14-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Ill get your favorites Tool out and see what I can do :thumbsup:.

alex97
14-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Done, I just cut the mount bits off, sanded it down and used a 2.8mm drill bit. As it was a little bit smaller that the screw when I went to put it in it threaded it self for me, on the bottom I used a nut to make sure that the screws dont move. For the bit that keepes the wing down I used some 1/8 wing mounts and they seem to do the job very well.

Steven Forster
14-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Done, I just cut the mount bits off, sanded it down and used a 2.8mm drill bit. As it was a little bit smaller that the screw when I went to put it in it threaded it self for me, on the bottom I used a nut to make sure that the screws dont move. For the bit that keepes the wing down I used some 1/8 wing mounts and they seem to do the job very well.

Got any pics ? ;)

alex97
14-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Ill upload some later

alex97
14-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I still need to line the wing up.http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/112297/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0326_zpsxu2mng1g.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/112297/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0326_zpsxu2mng1g.jpg.html)

ste_lazzaro
14-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Pic from the side please!

alex97
14-02-2014, 04:24 PM
I still need to trim the screws down
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/112297/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0330_zpsypnu9gua.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/112297/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0330_zpsypnu9gua.jpg.html)