View Full Version : B5
Aire valley
20-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Anybody got the B5 yet...? What is the kit like and does it handle better than the B4...?
neallewis
20-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Anybody got the B5 yet...? What is the kit like and does it handle better than the B4...?
There are a few at York. Ask Ben Jemison.
Looks a decent kit to be fair, if I was in the market for another rear motor, I'd pick one up. B5M will be good.
h0m3sy
21-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm not long finished building one, it's my first AE buggy and I was impressed with everything about it. For the money you can't go wrong. I've yet to run mines but a friend ran his on Wednesday night and said it was good, no issues whatsoever :)
SteveP9685
21-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Just finished mine off and I must say it builds very well indeed :thumbsup: no trimming or shimming of parts anymore and it has been improved in all area's. Can't wait for the B5m to come out as that should be a big step up from the C4.2 in terms of build quality.
Only parts added (apart from stainless screws and some blue nuts :D) are the J Concepts Fin turnbuckles and some alloy hex's. Only other addition I will add is the alloy front hinge pin brace.
Excuse the shell it's only a temporary one until I can get one pro painted....:)
Aire valley
21-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Just finished mine off and I must say it builds very well indeed :thumbsup: no trimming or shimming of parts anymore and it has been improved in all area's. Can't wait for the B5m to come out as that should be a big step up from the C4.2 in terms of build quality.
Only parts added (apart from stainless screws and some blue nuts :D) are the J Concepts Fin turnbuckles and some alloy hex's. Only other addition I will add is the alloy front hinge pin brace.
Excuse the shell it's only a temporary one until I can get one pro painted....:)
Nice to hear about the quality....have to say , it does look good...you just need the carbon battery brace..!
SteveP9685
22-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Yes I know....:lol: the Associated one is a bit pricy at £24.95 but I know Rudebits are now doing one at £14.95....tempted :thumbsup:
Aire valley
25-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Quote.."Only parts added (apart from stainless screws and some blue nuts."....quote
Where did you get the stainless screw set...? I guess it will have to be metric now and the current Associated sets won't be right.... Just planning ahead for my B5M..:)
SteveP9685
26-02-2014, 07:18 AM
I use www.modelfixings.co.uk (http://www.modelfixings.co.uk) for mine but had some left over from RPCracing from when I had a Durango.
Steve
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.