PDA

View Full Version : B4 front hex (too wide 😠) help


RDG 40
22-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Found out today at silverstone the c4.2 wasnt legal at the front end, with associated hex wheels and staggers it just wouldnt fit in box, it will go in just not drop of its own weight.

My solution was to luckily have sone jc wheels and they worked, i wasnt only one having issues.

Anyone else had this what did you do??

I can buy jc wheels obviously but i want to use my associated tbh

Someone also suggested taking a mm off each hex, theres seems a mm to play with that wont make wheel catch, anyone done that? Seems best option but looking for ideas how to do it cant see the dremel getting it that level if im honest and it being a botch job

Any ideas or help appreciated

Russ

NeilD
23-02-2014, 06:39 AM
I had the same problem with the rear of my B44.2, it was rubbing badly when placed into the box. AE have some low profile hexes which solved the problem for me but I'm unsure if they make any for 2WD fronts but it could be worth having a look around.

mattr
23-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Rather than dremelling, just use a sanding block.

Origineelreclamebord
23-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Can I turn the question the other way around? Assuming you're using a completely standard setup of AE parts, the car should fit within the 250mm width boundary... So has anyone measured the box? :eh?:

Also, tires with fat side-walls tend to flex from left to right a bit - especially rear tires and softer compounds. This can cause a few millimeters of width difference alone. Is this something scrutineers usually take into account?

ste_lazzaro
23-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Weird camber setting? Agree the standard B4.2 front end should fit.

RDG 40
23-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Neil, I think your thinking wheel nuts I use super slim serrated nuts

Ste, Camber was at -1 or 0.

I think il go the hex sanding down route, I'm sure it was tom yardys dad who said it in passing as I was at scrutineering. I wasn't only associated car struggling tbh

NeilD
23-02-2014, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=RDG 40;840188]Neil, I think your thinking wheel nuts I use super slim serrated nuts

It was definitely the wheel hexes, part number 9925. The standard kit part number is 9890. I'm talking B44 but I thought a similar thing may apply to 2WD:O)

RDG 40
23-02-2014, 05:08 PM
They do, do two ally front hexes

9891 and 9925 seems there could be a difference? Can anyone confirm??

I wonder if this could be it

MiCk B.
23-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Hi,

They are front and rear hexes:

Part #: 9891
12mm Aluminum Clamping Wheel Hex, Buggy Front
Part #: 9925
Factory Team 12mm Clamping Hex, rear

The rear hexes are wider.

MiCk B. :-)

RDG 40
23-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Yea thats what i thought just wonder if ive managed to mix them up sumhow.

Visually they look the same il have a measure up

Lee24h
23-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Mine fitted in first time with space to spare
J concept hexs associated wheels

learnerdriver
23-02-2014, 09:21 PM
i had these fitted on the rear of my cobra b42

12mm Aluminum Clamping Wheel Hex, Buggy Rear (ASS9890)

once i had fitted them correctly and ross had ground a little off the end rear of the axles , they fitted in the box !

RDG 40
23-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Could someone with a b4.2 pop a front hex off and just stick some callipers over them please (width)

I make all my front hexes 5.1mm just so i can eliminate me having wrong 4wd ones sumhow

Thanks in advance

Rears went in fine :-)

Ross
23-02-2014, 10:27 PM
i had these fitted on the rear of my cobra b42

12mm Aluminum Clamping Wheel Hex, Buggy Rear (ASS9890)

once i had fitted them correctly and ross had ground a little off the end rear of the axles , they fitted in the box !


I'm not helping you next time, I may beet you then...:p:p:p:p

RDG 40
23-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Potential problem fixed, (thanks jemmo)

Sanding hex or changing to proline hex is easier as they are thinner (he says ;-) )