PDA

View Full Version : Race meeting cancelled


Gavin Collingwood
04-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Attention drivers,
Due to short numbers, coupled with there being no race controller, we have decided to cancel the final round of the winter series.
Since the room hire costs alone are £230 and we usually only just break even, it's money we didn't want to squander given the significant monies already spent on the outdoor track.
This is coupled with efforts in the coming weekends on the outdoor track means it will not be re arranged.

Many apologies but we have made the decision now to allow racers to make alternative plans
Regards
BMRCC

HyperDunley
04-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Disappointing news, but thanks for letting us all know Gav.

I can't speak for everyone, but I would pay £10 to race on Sunday and given that there are already 20 pre-booked on the other thread, if everyone paid this, we would only need 3 more at the price and you have got your money back?

However I also understand there is no one to do race control, so prob wouldn't work anyway.

Oh well, looks like I will have to wait another month to race again :cry:

Gavin Collingwood
04-03-2014, 08:39 PM
No you won't hopefully the outdoor track will be done in 2 weeks!

losichris
04-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Yeah seems a real shame. Easy 30 drivers would have booked in and charging £10 a pop would have covered costs. Just spent £15 on tires so a bit disappointed

Alan Reeves
04-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Only 4 winter meetings this year, disappointing but at least
I hope the outdoor track will be on weekly :thumbsup:

Howler
04-03-2014, 10:03 PM
I can probably run race control on Sunday if you want? May be a bit slow to it all, but i should be able to get through it.

millsy
04-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Nah gav, cancelling it just to keep ahead on points from young luke is not sports man like in my eyes.

Mr Satchell
04-03-2014, 10:23 PM
I'll b bookin in if its still on. And I'll pay £10.

longman
04-03-2014, 10:24 PM
:woot::lol::woot:
I agree with mills,
I'd pay £10 to race this weekend,
Jesus it's only Tuesday, and it's a bit early in the week to cancel now!! Surely......:mad:

Darren Wales
04-03-2014, 10:28 PM
All,

The committee appreciate that people want to race, however the people needed to run the meeting, the reduced numbers, coupled with costs has led to this difficult decision being made.

The committee will now be continuing to focus all their energy on getting the new outdoor track ready ASAP for outdoor racing. I hope many will support the club to do just that over the coming weeks.

The decision to cancel now, has been made to enable you to make alternate arrangements and avoid last minute disappointment through late cancelling.

Thank you for your understanding

Darren

budfish
05-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Well instead of racing on Sunday why don't you all come to the outdoor track Saturday there's plenty to do!

Sweeping/brick work/astro cutting/painting

So instead of the selfish attitudes turn up with what ever you've got and help don't just think it gets done on its own

Expletive

Gavin Collingwood
05-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Well instead of racing on Sunday why don't you all come to the outdoor track Saturday there's plenty to do!

Sweeping/brick work/astro cutting/painting

So instead of the selfish attitudes turn up with what ever you've got and help don't just think it gets done on its own

Expletive

Well said bud

Alan Reeves
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Would love to help but I'm not fit to ATM unfortunately.

We done with indoor then this year?

Gavin Collingwood
05-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Yep, indoor is now finished. Onwards and upwards with outdoor!

losichris
05-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Alan reeves 4wd winter champ ?!?

Alan Reeves
05-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Only cos you never turned up Chris :woot:

Cremegg
06-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah seems a real shame. Easy 30 drivers would have booked in and charging £10 a pop would have covered costs. Just spent £15 on tires so a bit disappointed

+1 on the above

Gutted

Was looking forward to a catch up too with a few members

Guess I'll see you all at the 1st outdoor meeting

matt76
06-03-2014, 11:46 AM
+1 on the above

Gutted

Was looking forward to a catch up too with a few members

Guess I'll see you all at the 1st outdoor meeting

We've managed to get into chadderton this weekend, sure there's places left! :thumbsup:

Cremegg
06-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Gonna go southport

PaulRotheram
06-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Make sure you book in for SRCC.. its turf wars and we already have 62 entrants. Pre booking is required.