PDA

View Full Version : Club Meeting Confirmed this Weekend 16-3-14


Ashlandchris
11-03-2014, 05:34 PM
The race calendar only goes up to 2nd March for Indoor and 9th March for Chadderton.
Is there any indication of anything on this weekend or beyond?
Is it decided yet?

Many thanks for any help

neallewis
11-03-2014, 05:43 PM
I think its the first outdoor meeting, but not too sure? Oscar posted photos of the outdoor track on the club facebook page this week, so I imagine he went to check it out.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/118170704882490/

It's the last Worksop Schumacher indoor masters series meeting on sunday also, so a number of regular Batley members will be racing there.

Ashlandchris
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
thanks. I don't really do FB so hadn't looked there :-)

Oscar
11-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Dianne has other commitments this weekend, however I did think if the weather was really good and enough people were interested I might run a meeting?
I guess if a lot of regulars are off to Worksop, it might not be worthwhile?

neallewis
11-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Dianne has other commitments this weekend, however I did think if the weather was really good and enough people were interested I might run a meeting?
I guess if a lot of regulars are off to Worksop, it might not be worthwhile?

I know me and Danny are at Worksop, also Mcfadyeans, Gills, Jordan, AndyS, Ross, Avo, Numpty, Paul F, Skidmore boys, etc.
And all the 1/8th boys will be going back 1/8th now its warmer outside.

23rd?

Dodgy Guy
11-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Dianne has other commitments this weekend, however I did think if the weather was really good and enough people were interested I might run a meeting?
I guess if a lot of regulars are off to Worksop, it might not be worthwhile?
I would be up for an outdoor meeting.
I'll keep checking the forum for an update on this.

Bells
11-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Team Bellwood are in
John we only need 10/15 drivers club fun :thumbsup:

Ashlandchris
11-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Presumably there are rules about using the Spen track to practice? I haven't driven an RC car since the photo in my other thread was taken so could prob do with a few laps before I jump in head first!!
Haven't got a fully running car yet, but when I do, can the track be used for practice? Do I need permission?

Oscar
12-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Team Bellwood are in
John we only need 10/15 drivers club fun :thumbsup:

If the weather is fit and we have 10-15 interested people, then maybe we can arrange.. So far its Just 4 of us...

Oscar
12-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Presumably there are rules about using the Spen track to practice? I haven't driven an RC car since the photo in my other thread was taken so could prob do with a few laps before I jump in head first!!
Haven't got a fully running car yet, but when I do, can the track be used for practice? Do I need permission?

Officially it's for club members use only or non members at an organised event.

However I guess anyone not causing nuisance or damage and
using the correct type of vehicle would very unlikely be asked to leave ;)

jameswilkinson7
12-03-2014, 02:12 PM
If the weather is fit and we have 10-15 interested people, then maybe we can arrange.. So far its Just 4 of us...


You can count Me and Jack in John.:) Wouldn't mind even if it was just practice (no timing)

Stringerhot
12-03-2014, 02:41 PM
You can count Me and Jack in John.:) Wouldn't mind even if it was just practice (no timing)

Put me done too john and I'll ask Chris foster too:thumbsup:

Great_Thark
12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Please put my name down too John:thumbsup:. weather looks fairly pleasant for sunday as long as you wear long pants and a jumper :)

NeilRalph77
12-03-2014, 07:35 PM
I'll be there to if its on, just had permission, think Lee will be at Worksop.

DianneH
12-03-2014, 10:28 PM
John - I will send out a text message if you let me know whether you are running or not.

I am sure there are plenty of drivers who will come to a meeting on Sunday - especially if the weather is as good as it has been this past few days.

There are lots of drivers who cannot wait to get back to the outdoor meetings. Once word gets around that we are running an outdoor meeting then I am pretty certain that we would get several drivers turning up to race! Also, we have a NE Regional meeting in April so there will be those who will relish the chance to practice.

Although a handful of drivers are going to Worksop we still have lots of other drivers who do not go to these meetings and would be happy to come to a Batley outdoor meeting. We have not let the Worksop meetings affect our indoor meetings where we have high rent fees so we will definitely not let it affect what we do outdoors.

I am available for a few hours on Sunday as I am not going out until 2pm so could call in with the equipment and help with the setting up etc.

Ashlandchris
12-03-2014, 10:32 PM
I will hopefully come along if my radio and other electrics arrive with number5

Andywoods
13-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Is racing on this sunday?

Oscar
13-03-2014, 05:29 PM
As I said above, If the weather holds up and we get enough interest, I'll run a meeting.

Anyone who would come along please make it known so I can gauge what numbers we are looking at ;)

OK so thus far,
Me,
Jon,
Ian B
James B
Jim W
Jack W
Jim F
Paul V
Neil R
Paul S
Andy W
Lee E
Chris W (maybe??)
Tim F
DJ Kirk

DianneH
13-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Chris Foster and Paul Stringer are also in the thread to attend and Dodgy Guy whoever he is.

jameswilkinson7
13-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Jim Furniss too I think.

Finch75
13-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I should be able to make it this Sunday....Outdoors at last:thumbsup:
Tim F

Dodgy Guy
13-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Chris Foster and Paul Stringer are also in the thread to attend and Dodgy Guy whoever he is.
My name is already on the list.

Bells
13-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I should be able to make it this Sunday....Outdoors at last:thumbsup:
Tim F

Yay Tim's coming out to play again :thumbsup:

Stringerhot
13-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Yay Tim's coming out to play again :thumbsup:

What time we looking at for Sunday all being. Well?

steveproracing
13-03-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm up for it!!

Oscar
14-03-2014, 11:45 AM
OK
So we are up to 15 drivers and the weather still looks OK.

I'll arrange to get the timing equipment from Dianne and see you all there around 10 am :)

DianneH
14-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Hi John

I will bring it down to the track on Sunday and will also send a text to the drivers to generate more interest.

I am only going to a rugby match (ladies' day from work) and am not meeting until 2.30 pm so plenty of time.

Dianne

jameswilkinson7
16-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Me and Jack really enjoyed the racing today. Thank you John for stepping in for Dianne. It was a shame Paul had electrical problems and had to go early, we've all been there mate!

Could do with getting a bit of work done on the track, it's bumpier than ever! I'm more than happy to help out if anyone wants to organise a work party.:)

Bells
16-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Really good day today , a great start to the out door season , thanks to john & Jon for running the meeting and commentary
In my final Jon drove superb , and also it was good to see jack drive so well
Good club fun :thumbsup:

Ashlandchris
16-03-2014, 06:50 PM
To everyone who helped me get my b44.1 running, thank you. Hopefully from here I can finish it off so I can really get going for the next meeting. Looking forward to it
:)

emtee
16-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Yaaaay... Very glad you all made the meet and had a good day, it is good news indeed! Sorry for my absence but my lad had a match.. I would only regret it if going racing spoilt his chances of turning pro and offering me a life of luxury(Yeah right..!)so sacrifices sometimes have to be made...

Footie season ends soon tho, so on wiv the outdoor high jinks and nice weather!

:)

Stringerhot
16-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Me and Jack really enjoyed the racing today. Thank you John for stepping in for Dianne. It was a shame Paul had electrical problems and had to go early, we've all been there mate!

Could do with getting a bit of work done on the track, it's bumpier than ever! I'm more than happy to help out if anyone wants to organise a work party.:)

Cheers James you don't want to buy a orion r10 do you comes with a scratch and sniff smell of burning

Danny Harrison
16-03-2014, 08:26 PM
My name is already on the list.

haha Lee, i think you need to change your username. pmsl :D

J77MYF
16-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Brilliant meeting. A good laugh and tons of track time :-)

Dodgy Guy
16-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Great day. Thanks for making it happen.
I'll also give an hand to iron out the bumps etc on the track.

Finch75
17-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Sorry i didn't make it Sunday, was unable to get a carer to sit with my gran for the time required to race. All booked for next week though.