View Full Version : Xerun motors
Chris Brooks
13-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Hi Guys
My trusty Novak motor has given up. Does anyone know if Xerun motors are any good, they are quite a bit cheaper but I don't want to waste money on one if they are rubbish!
Thanks
Chris
zienna
13-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Not sure about those motors but thunder power motors are good and are also cheap. :)
Dandare
13-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Not sure about those motors but thunder power motors are good and are also cheap. :)
My little used Thunder Power motor gave Sunday (overheated) so have now replaced it for a Dynamite Platinum (£54.99 from ModelSport), which Dave also uses in his 4wd (his own motor I mean, we don't share it :lol:)
simonrhart
13-03-2014, 08:43 PM
You will get a million different answers because there are so many motors out there.
That said, I run Hot Bodies Flux Pro 6.5T in my Kyosho and a 7.5T in my Losi 4wd. They are very fast and I love the smooth power band I get from them. £49 from Modelsport.
I was considering an Orion VST2 to match the Orions R10 I run. If you decide to get an Orion, I'd love to have a drive to see what they are like. The Orions are easier to solder than the Hot Bodies.
Simon
I've always liked the nosram and LRP octa wind motors, both my Nosram's are now at least three years old and still going strong. I run a 8.5 in my TLR22 I wouldn't say it's slow.
I had an orion one a few years back and it was smooth in power delivery, but never felt that quick.
As said everyone has different experiences and recommendations, all I'd recommend is if you get different winds stick with the same manufacturer.
Dufty07
14-03-2014, 09:15 AM
if u want smooth power band get a single cell motor, simons got my 7.5 single cell motor in his 4wd.
Chris Brooks
14-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the helps guys, see you at the track next race hopefully.
racingdwarf
14-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Hi chris will be good to see you again:thumbsup:
As dan has said I use dynamite motors good price great motor
If your watching the pennies keep an eye on the second hand section, I have bought quite a few motors on here over the years, mostly speed passion or dinamite, never had a dud one last 2 were as new for 20 quid;) ish each
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.