PDA

View Full Version : how wide is gear diff gearbox case?


Crazy L
13-03-2014, 10:14 AM
TC02T a la rear motor. Ball diff bit the dust on sunday so fancy swapping to a gear diff. I understand however that the gearbox case is wider. Since I run a custom T piece, which is machined to fit standard g/box, I would appreciate any insight on dimensions as regards to width. Also, if mounting hole pitching is different in anyway.

Cheers guys.

Clive Loynes
13-03-2014, 12:54 PM
The two screws at the rear appear to be 13mm apart if that's any help.

Crazy L
13-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Cheers dude, I believe that pitch remains unchanged then.

Clive Loynes
13-03-2014, 09:47 PM
You are welcome.

I don't have a normal box to compare it with.

The gear diff box itself measures 13.65mm across the bulge that houses the increased width of the diff and the o.d. of that bulge is 30mm.

Crazy L
22-03-2014, 08:16 PM
You are welcome.

I don't have a normal box to compare it with.

The gear diff box itself measures 13.65mm across the bulge that houses the increased width of the diff and the o.d. of that bulge is 30mm.

Are you sure chief?

I now have one in front of me, it measures 19.7, and I doubt my very near is that far out, lol. The rest of the case however, aswell as the standard one, does measure about 13.5.

Clive Loynes
22-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Are you sure chief?

I now have one in front of me, it measures 19.7, and I doubt my very near is that far out, lol. The rest of the case however, aswell as the standard one, does measure about 13.5.

LOL


You are right.

I must have measured the centre bit and then forgotten which measurement I had taken.

Sorry about that.