View Full Version : Xcelerion speedo issues. Help......
jimmiprice
08-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Guys ive got a problem with my Xcelerion brushless combo which i need a spot of help with. I think its a physical problem rather than a programming issue but any help will be appreciated.
The problem i have is that sometimes the speedo doesnt brake, sometimes on slow sections sometimes at the end of the straight or other places where it can go all wrong quickly. I can do one lap where the car will brake on demand no problems then the next lap for one random corner ill lose all brakes, although i have the stick back to the stop the car just freewheels. The speedo motor combo is brand new, ive tried it with both lipo and nimh with no difference. Ive also tried adjusting the drag brakes and had no luck. Its not that intermittent either in a 5 minute heat it will have probably ten non braking moments. My thoughts are that its not programming as it would have no brakes permenantly if that was the case.
I need to know if its something i can programme out or if i need to return it. If it helps i can download the values from the speedo and post it up.
Jimmi
Answer-RC-Pete
08-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Might be worth a call to Horizion Jimmi...
01279 641097
Few brown trousers moments then?!?!
jimmiprice
08-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Just some broken wishbone moments pete ! Its amazing how quickly things go wrong when you suddenly have no brakes when your heading towards a wall or the the pits !! Being an 8th scale driver its hard enough adjusting to a 10th car, having no brakes makes it pretty impossible.
Ill give horizon a try but arent they pretty hard to get in touch with, i seem to remember having a bit of a doo with a ko rx earlier this year.
jimmi....
sitmark
08-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Have you checked the temperature of the ESC?
It probably just overheats..
Guys ive got a problem with my Xcelerion brushless combo which i need a spot of help with. I think its a physical problem rather than a programming issue but any help will be appreciated.
The problem i have is that sometimes the speedo doesnt brake, sometimes on slow sections sometimes at the end of the straight or other places where it can go all wrong quickly. I can do one lap where the car will brake on demand no problems then the next lap for one random corner ill lose all brakes, although i have the stick back to the stop the car just freewheels. The speedo motor combo is brand new, ive tried it with both lipo and nimh with no difference. Ive also tried adjusting the drag brakes and had no luck. Its not that intermittent either in a 5 minute heat it will have probably ten non braking moments. My thoughts are that its not programming as it would have no brakes permenantly if that was the case.
I need to know if its something i can programme out or if i need to return it. If it helps i can download the values from the speedo and post it up.
Jimmi
How are you updating the speedo though the config card or a laptop/pc.
I use a laptop works every time. Plus what hadset are using as futaba have problems 2.4ghz Maybe reset to factory setting a go though the setup again.
If using the card when it go's green leve for another 30 sec.
_sleigh_
08-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Are you running the latest version of the firmware?
tiny tom
08-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Could be a few issues, update your firmware, make your you have got your settings right. And make sure your capacitor is not touching and near your receiver because I had that problem and I have moved the capacitor way, and the car is working fine.
I will put up my settings later on today:
tiny tom
08-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Setup
Forward w/o Reverse
Lipo cut off: 6.2v
Throttle limit: none
Reverse throttle limit: 100%
Motor Timing: Normal
Initial Acceleration: Medium
Bracking: 30%
Drag Brack: 30%
Legacy
Neutral Deadband:3
I hope this helps
tyreman
08-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Have you reduced the motor timing on the speedo?
If you reduce that it will take away low end braking, so you need to increase your braking % to about 40% to compensate.
Lonestar
09-10-2008, 01:10 PM
sorry, can't help but recommend to check plugs (maybe the ABC plugs shorting when car is moving) , but I'd like to know who manufactures the xcelorin combo???
Thanks,
Paul
Chris Green
09-10-2008, 02:56 PM
How are you updating the speedo though the config card or a laptop/pc.
I use a laptop works every time. Plus what hadset are using as futaba have problems 2.4ghz Maybe reset to factory setting a go though the setup again.
If using the card when it go's green leve for another 30 sec.
Hi,
Just wondering what the issues are with Futaba 2.4gig and Xcelorin compatability?
I've just ordered a 13.5 xcelorin, and I already have futaba fasst 2.4ghz radio. Am I going to have a problem with this combo?
Thanks,
Chris.
Hi,
Just wondering what the issues are with Futaba 2.4gig and Xcelorin compatability?
I've just ordered a 13.5 xcelorin, and I already have futaba fasst 2.4ghz radio. Am I going to have a problem with this combo?
Thanks,
Chris.
Make sure your handset is set to ppm first. When setting up I also ran the firmeware update from the losi web site.
Chris Green
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks PB, I'll do that. Does it not work in HRS mode then? not that it matters, as I don't have a digital servo anyway!
Spencer Mulcahy
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I run mine in HRS mode and it works perfect. I have a Futaba T3VCS.
Thanks PB, I'll do that. Does it not work in HRS mode then? not that it matters, as I don't have a digital servo anyway!
I had problems seeing the receiver though the speedo changed to ppm all ok. By the way i use the R603FS receiver
jimmiprice
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
I dont think the problem is anything to do with the motor timing or any of the wiring, its not as though i have poor brakes or glitching or anything else to confirm the motor wires are shorting. The brakes are excellent and very strong (i race 8th scale rallycross mainly so im used to strong brakes) its just that probably once a lap at some point on a track i have zero brakes, up until that point the car is faultless. When i say zero brakes i mean there is nothing whatsoever the car just freewheels (at speed) until i manage to steer it around the corner or it actually stops by hitting something. Its not really very good !! I spoke to horizon and the guy said to check the motor sensor wire and update the latest firmware. Ive checked the sensor wire and it looks a1 and ive downloaded the software. Ill give it a try on tues nite but im not optomistic i think its an internal problem with the speedo. If i have to return it does anyone know if horizon will replace or repair it ? Its only a week or so old and was bought in the uk etc. Ive never had good experiences with stuff being repaired so i would much rather have it replaced with a working one !
Jimmi.....
_sleigh_
10-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Just a thought, but could possibly be an intermitent problem with your transmitter throttle/brake POT??
stegger
10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Have you tried another motor to rule it out;)
jimmiprice
10-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Just a thought, but could possibly be an intermitent problem with your transmitter throttle/brake POT??
I dont think in can be really sleigh, the transmitter is a very nearly new ko esprit 3 and i have no problems with any of my other cars...
As for the motor is that a possiblity ?
Jimmi.....
chris68nufc
10-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Jimmi
Ive got a few spare brushless motors in my box. LRP ones but not sure if they are compatible. See you Tuesday and you can try them out.Chris
TRICKYNICK
10-10-2008, 10:52 PM
A customer of mine is having a problem with the brakes as in the motor will brake for about a second the stop working and the car free wheels and it's his 2nd system :thumbdown:
stegger
11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Jimmi
Ive got a few spare brushless motors in my box. LRP ones but not sure if they are compatible. See you Tuesday and you can try them out.Chris
There all compatible:)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.