View Full Version : Turnbuckle sets for B44.1
Ashlandchris
21-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Have had my first run of my B44.1 at local track and while doing so managed to snick a corner and pinged off the front right steering turnbuckle. Fortunately no damage was done and I found the Turnbuckle, but it did make me think that had I lost it,I would a bit stuck. I can find the JConcepts replacement kit which is about £30 but I can also see various turnbuckles on internet many of which are M4 thread.
My question is - can I use any turnbuckles provided they are right length, OR are Associated ones a different thread?
Anyone any experience of using non associated / non JConcepts?
Big G
21-03-2014, 01:47 PM
the B44.1 is imperial for reference. I don't think you mean the turnbuckle and more the ball ends.
RPM do a replacement set RPM73372 (RRP £4.79) which are known as a good upgrade over the kit ball ends.
Ashlandchris
21-03-2014, 02:03 PM
The bit that pinged off was 1 turnbuckle with obviously a ball socket on each end - I was looking to get a set of spares in case I do actually lose one
NeilRalph77
21-03-2014, 02:08 PM
As long as the overall length of the turnbuckle is the same it doesn't matter whether its imperial or metric, 4mm dia is big for 1/10th we're usually 3mm or 1/8th, turnbuckle kits can be expensive but original parts from car splits do often come round on Ebay, think I paid around £10 for a set of 6 Blue FT Titanium ones back when I had my 44.1, and as I still have them built them into my Bmax2 (a metric car) as an upgrade on the kit steel ones. as for rod ends the RPM ones are a good upgrade a lot of people use these and also use the old losi white as long as its compatible with the ball dia your using again it doesn't matter.
AfroP
21-03-2014, 02:44 PM
these are a decent replacement/upgrade I have them on my B44.2
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-associated/b44-1/jc2225-jconcepts-b4-generation-fin-turnbuckle-set.html
with these ball cups
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-associated/b44-1/jc2027-jconcepts-1-10th-scale-ball-cups-yellow.html
Ashlandchris
21-03-2014, 05:54 PM
these are a decent replacement/upgrade I have them on my B44.2
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-associated/b44-1/jc2225-jconcepts-b4-generation-fin-turnbuckle-set.html
with these ball cups
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-associated/b44-1/jc2027-jconcepts-1-10th-scale-ball-cups-yellow.html
Thanks - these were the Jconcepts ones I'd found, but nice to know they are good :-)
gazhillAE
23-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Jconcepts punisher turnbuckles
Associated low friction cups
Number 5 RC
Mike will sort you out with everything you need
NeilRalph77
03-04-2014, 09:34 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-OF-TITANIUM-TURNBUCKLES-WITH-BALL-CUPS-FROM-AN-ASSOCIATED-B4-1-10-BUGGY-/201061625403?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2ed034ee3b
Ashlandchris
04-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Excellent. I am now fully equipped with turnbuckles as I have the JConcepts set as well as a spare set of standard B44.1 ones (thanks Clemo).
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.