PDA

View Full Version : BJ4 v.s BJ4WE


Sensory Overload
15-11-2006, 03:43 AM
Just wondering - is there an any advantage(s) between the two chassis other than battery layout?? I just happen to have the BJ4 non-WE and am thinking of the conversation kit for next season. Do I really need to upgraded? I already have a ZX5 with a similiar battery layout as the non-we. The reason I'm asking is that the XX4 over the newer XXX4 (so I've read) has a clear advantage on rougher tracks. SO

cabbynate
15-11-2006, 09:21 AM
My race buddy has the WE & original BJ4 and on the track we run on (smooth, medium grip, indoors the og car is faster for him? I'd say stick with the car you have. It works great!!!!!!!!

Lee
15-11-2006, 09:57 AM
From what i have heard the changes made to the WE car was to improve its handling over rough sections.

If you race on a smooth track then you will be fine with what you have

Sensory Overload
15-11-2006, 08:31 PM
In southern Ontario, Canada most of the tracks are indeed rough hardpacked surfaces. Would running the WE make a big difference over the org BJ? SO

Andy Moore
27-11-2006, 04:00 AM
In southern Ontario, Canada most of the tracks are indeed rough hardpacked surfaces. Would running the WE make a big difference over the org BJ? SO

There are advantages to the new car, which is why it was developed. The new car worked exceptionally well at the Worlds, a VERY rutted and blown out track. I think the conversion kit would be a decent idea, because youre freshening the car up, as well as improving the balance and the ease of maintainance. We can get that right out to ya ;)

XXXCRRacer
28-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Why are the BJ4's so pricey???:confused:

Andy Moore
28-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Why are the BJ4's so pricey???:confused:


High quality, great customer support, limited production, made in the USA. Just look at it compared to the Yokomo or the Tamiya cars, its reasonable for a competitive 4wh.

cbcjcgreinke
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Yea, but 499.95 when there are only 6 guys in the class?:confused:

Crim3Wav3
07-12-2006, 03:25 PM
next to Mod truck, it is the most popular class in the Northeast USA. And we Americans are rich, so spending 5 bills on a toy car doesn' take much sweat.

BenG
07-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I dont mind paying alot, if the car is good ebought, it's worth its weight ion gold. We do have to pay alot in England. I am sure I have seena Bj4 WE for like £400 somewhere, which works out more than you lucky US people pay:(

Andy Moore
08-12-2006, 04:47 AM
I dont mind paying alot, if the car is good ebought, it's worth its weight ion gold. We do have to pay alot in England. I am sure I have seena Bj4 WE for like £400 somewhere, which works out more than you lucky US people pay:(

http://cgi.ebay.com/JConcepts-BJ4-4wd-Buggy-Kit-NIB_W0QQitemZ260060906562QQihZ016QQcategoryZ19168Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem


An original BJ4 kit on ebay, from JConcepts, for $400 starting bid. ;)

losixxx
08-12-2006, 08:35 AM
yea but $42 shipping to uk, bit extreme!

Andy Moore
09-12-2006, 04:49 AM
yea but $42 shipping to uk, bit extreme!

You emailed him and thats what he replied?

losixxx
10-12-2006, 08:01 PM
didnt need to e-mail him, price's for uk shipping were on ebay listing

johnnyboy
13-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Whats the going rate for a mint used BJ4 WE in te UK? Might put mine up for sale......hmmmmmmm