View Full Version : NO RACING 30TH!!!!! GARAGE DOOR NOT REPAIRED
dpackster1980
28-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Due to the complete and utter incompetency of the door company no racing this week AGAIN!!!!
Apparently this week.
corkyjohnson75
28-03-2014, 07:56 PM
This is a f_ _king joke now , can we not Jack it up some how or call Jimmy's mate out tomorrow . A wonder what the jazz band has to say about this . :woot:
N7ELA
28-03-2014, 08:35 PM
The Jazz Band Knacked it and all their instruments were out at the time. So they're not bothered at the mo...
dpackster1980
28-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Dexter is going to see Jimmy tomorrow at his shop to see what he can do. We need to find a new place to race. I've just paid for the van tonight as well!
corkyjohnson75
28-03-2014, 08:46 PM
It doesn't take this long to fix a roller shutter . so the jazz band has there gear out , that sounds a bit funny . Finding a new place will be a pain I think , it's a shame if it does come to that because it ideal really .
AfroP
28-03-2014, 10:11 PM
This is now beyond a joke...
6 weeks to fix the roller shutter and we seem to be the only one affected?
not only dodgy as a 9 bob note but an absolute P take
disgusting treatment of the club by the youth centre
Some one get the name of this garage door company so i can add it to my list of 'people whos services i wont be requiring'.
I think some clarification on why its still broke is needed.
Imaging it was your garage at home and your car was in it or a corner shop or some similar thing, guess its not an important thing ?
jimmiprice
29-03-2014, 05:13 PM
There should be a winder on the door so you can wind the shutter up with a handle. Takes 5 mins to put it up or down tho.
dpackster1980
29-03-2014, 08:35 PM
There should be a winder on the door so you can wind the shutter up with a handle. Takes 5 mins to put it up or down tho.
You'd expect there to be one but there's not. We spent 30mins looking for it. It must be the cheapest and nastiest roller door ever. In fact because it doesn't have a winder makes me think it's a large window shutter because if there's a power cut you're screwed especially it's for access.
corkyjohnson75
30-03-2014, 06:29 AM
There must be a way to disconnect the motor from the door so it can be pushed up , we might have to try this today so we no for sure .
jimmiprice
30-03-2014, 08:22 AM
The cover on the front will be riveted on so take a cordless and drill the rivets out there will only be one or two on it if someone has had it off recently for a look then you should be able to turn the motor or disconnect the drive to get it up.
dpackster1980
30-03-2014, 08:45 AM
We still might need someone to do it. They said this week but going off past promises it's probably BS.
corkyjohnson75
30-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Well lets get there today get it open and get racing .
Shifta
30-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Well lets get there today get it open and get racing .
There is a mechanism to roll it up manually! But it seemed to me the shutter it's self had become disconnected from the spindle! The motor turns with the key but the shutter doesn't move.
Use the manual winder and nothing happens!
It was dark at the time so maybe the manual winder wasn't connected properly??
Shifta
30-03-2014, 12:29 PM
If it's not sorted this week we will have to tear the thing off on Friday to get the gear out for the regional!!:lol:
Steven Forster
30-03-2014, 02:27 PM
me pack and corky are going up to have a look at it again in the day light this time......anybody else wanna come ???
Might need a hand to push it up to get in........Jimmy is there any chance your mate could come and have a look for a second opinion as these guys sound like a bunch of cowboys !!!
Cheers
If by any chance it opens would there be racing tonight ?
scott
30-03-2014, 06:07 PM
I have a sthilsaw lads , so can get gear out no probs for next week ( let,s go racing)
chrispattinson
31-03-2014, 09:43 AM
What was the result of looking at it in the daylight?
I don't think £100 call out + £24 per hour is unreasonable? Or is it?
I propose we now get someone to open the door, and fix it from our budget. Max spend £300.
Can someone please second this proposal?
Can someone get a man in to fix it for that money before Friday?
Andyp
31-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I don't think £100 call out + £24 per hour is unreasonable? Or is it?
Maybe not if they fixed it !!!!😃😃
mr emily
31-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Hello Chris, Et Al
I seem to be harping on at this. Do we have the centres permission to tamper with their door? If not we need it!
Who has given us a price to look at the door. I suppose £100 call out is ok if they can sort the problem. We need someone there to give them a decision once they identify the problem. Do they go ahead or not. If the cost are more than our £300.00 budget, where do we go from there. Also once "we" start and it ends up costing more where do we stand. Who is liable?
Keith
corkyjohnson75
31-03-2014, 12:45 PM
So the council are gona getaway with out paying .
AfroP
31-03-2014, 01:30 PM
I would say offer to go halfers with the centre to get it sorted, sticking to a budget of no more than £200 each
I'm sure that for that kind of money could probs get a whole new door fitted!
The biggest issue is we NEED to be in there on or before Friday and NEED to be back in on Sunday to return stuff.
mr emily
31-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Hello
Who is speaking with the centres management to agree costs and how to progress it. Does the centre have to agree cost etc with the council. Whos building is it? Cos if its council we have got no chance of getting this resolved in the next few days.
Whos building is it and who maintains it?
Keith
beasty boys motorsport
31-03-2014, 03:57 PM
well as i have to take time off work to do the regionals and with there being no guarantee that we will get into the garage to host the regionals i can ill afford to waste holidays.....so looks like im going to go to work instead of enjoying myself:thumbdown:...if you do get the track out...enjoy your weekend :(
corkyjohnson75
31-03-2014, 03:57 PM
It's council owned , that's why it's not been fixed .
paulj
31-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Just thinking out loud here but is it not possible to speak to the guys at Benfield and borrow some of their kit from the sports centre to make sure this goes ahead?
It might be quicker than waiting on a council to do something?
corkyjohnson75
31-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Not sure if they have enough hoses .
Steven Forster
31-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Hello
Who is speaking with the centres management to agree costs and how to progress it. Does the centre have to agree cost etc with the council. Whos building is it? Cos if its council we have got no chance of getting this resolved in the next few days.
Whos building is it and who maintains it?
Keith
Council building/owned......the club heavily relies on donations/fund raising etc to keep the club going......the club is doing well financially so we are safe in that area of not losing the venue......the problems partly both the repair company messing about and partly down to the council awaiting the go ahead from Service Direct / Property Help Desk !!!
Basically We are piggy in the middle.....its a council decision to give the go ahead for repairs and funding to pay for it.......so we dont have any say !!!
corkyjohnson75
01-04-2014, 05:48 AM
It's not looking good for the door or the weather .:(
chrispattinson
01-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Weather looks fine Paul, 13 degrees with white fluffy clouds on the BBC for Friday, Sat and Sun.
I'll try and make a couple of calls this morning Re: door.
Plan is:
1) obtain permission - Dex, have you any contacts, I plan to try "Community & Cultural services " What council is it?
2) fix door - Recommended 24 Seven Shutters and Garage Doors (Sunderland)
3) sort out money afterwards.
chrispattinson
01-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Ok... update.
Just come off call with Durham council.
I have discussed the repair, and they authorise the spend.
They are calling repair company now.
I need to call back at 2pm to get feedback on the repair timing with the repair company.
If this falls outside the 3 day window we have to repair, I propose to offer to arrange an alternative supplier to fix the door and pay any reasonable premium. Though I'll need to discuss this with council, as I know they work on approved supplier lists etc.
I have also discussed if the repair is not complete, the roller door company maybe able to supervise access at £100 per open / shut session. I didnt mention that one of these would be a Sunday evening .... so expect a premium on that time.
corkyjohnson75
01-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Good work mate , looks like we are getting some where now . I'm not gona make Friday until bout 4 ish , will that be to late ?
corkyjohnson75
01-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Good work mate , looks like we are getting some where now . I'm not gona make Friday until bout 4 ish , will that be to late ?
chrispattinson
01-04-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm sure we'll still have stuff to do then Paul, maybe give one of us a call to check.
chrispattinson
01-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Update ....
Just had a call with the Council and Dorma (door repairers).
It's going to be close to get the part for Friday from the parts supplier who Dorma are trying to get it from.
Dorma are now trying to get the part from an alternative source.
I have another call with Dorma at 4pm .
.... update to follow.
chrispattinson
01-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Update ....
Just spoke to Dorma ....
Parts are guaranteed to be with them on Thursday evening.
They have booked the job in for first thing Friday morning, to be completed by 10AM.
So ... we need to have faith in this guy, and turn up on Friday. Durham council have also guranteed access to the garage on Friday.
Even if the Dorma guy does not deliver, Durham Council will get us in the garage.
right ... on with the regional build in the regional thread....
AfroP
01-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Thats excellent news Chris
Thanks very much for all your hard work in chasing up all those involved
it is very much appreciated
corkyjohnson75
01-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Yes , we'll done chris:thumbsup:
N7ELA
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
I've got a gas axe from work, if the door isn't fixed by 12 noon I'm opening it...!
jimmiprice
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Should I cancel the guy I've got going to look at the shutter in the morning ?
If someone could let me know that would be cool.
Jimmi
dpackster1980
01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I would Jimmy, cheers for the help though. It seems things are coming together (fingers crossed).
chrispattinson
02-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Should I cancel the guy I've got going to look at the shutter in the morning ?
If someone could let me know that would be cool.
Jimmi
Yes. Cancel your guy. But thanks for looking into it.
corkyjohnson75
03-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Am not going to make it at all tomorrow guys but al be there to pack up on Sunday .
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.