PDA

View Full Version : reciever battery - what do you use?


vrooom
04-04-2014, 03:00 PM
I run spectrum SR3300T with telemetry on my savage XL with 2 6v servo.

I don't want use nimh battery pack because they are so old tech.

So what battery can I run, considering there is no voltage cut off on RX?

Can i use my old helicopter ESC with lipocut off enabled with 7.4V battery to power those 6v servos and rx?

Or is there a better way for little outlay?

Markiie Rumble
14-04-2014, 02:02 PM
I use LifePO4 (Life) Battery's in my 1/8th RallyX Buggy they offer a 6.6v rating so they can be used with standard servo but they do liven them up slightly, they are in the same price point of Nimh receiver battery's but they can come more compact allowing higher capacity with the same size battery, They also weigh a load less than a Nimh pack, they do require a propriety charger but most multi-chemistry chargers will have the option to charge them, Hope this Helps :)



Mark