View Full Version : X5 Lipo
Not sure if this is on here but whats the fitment of a 3200 saddle lipo like on an x5 as I'd like to know before I buy one. I ask this as its designed to take 4 and 2 cells.
Thanks
Garry Driffill
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128143&postcount=5
Seen like this one has 3x3 nimh cells in could be set the same as that with some BJ4 posts and straps to hold the lipo in?
super__dan
13-10-2008, 07:03 AM
The X5 will take a stick pack down the right side of the car with minor mods or take saddles with even less mods (almost none) in near stock positions. The space on the slipper side is big enough to take 1 saddle and the other obviously fits where 4 would usually. To ballast it it needs a little weight on the nonmotor side so I've used a taped up single cell for ballast at the back of the 4 cells side, with the saddle in front.
I've got some pics at home which PM me your email address and I'll send you tonight.
If it's the only things stopping buying an X5 you need not worry ;)
A bit like this:
4146
It usually has a piece of foam to take up the gap on the 4 cell side to stop the pack from moving about.
The 2 cell side is just held in with a small cable tie and a hole has been drilled in the back of the chassis.
super__dan
13-10-2008, 10:52 AM
My pics were like Lee's but a bit neater ;)
Yeah mine was just done on the sunday at worksop and they weren't my cells or battery strap, but it worked:thumbsup:
Chrislong
16-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Same way as I did it, but do use some foam on the 4 cell side Lee - stop the pack moving. I also tucked the long link wire under the battery strap, whereas I know Dan has shortened his(mine!), either way is tidy.
I did nick some foam out of rich`s truck for the day to stop them moving about, but he wanted it back, (how inconsiderate :p)
The X5 is out on loan this weekend ;) :thumbsup:
matdodd
16-10-2008, 06:50 PM
I did nick some foam out of rich`s truck for the day to stop them moving about, but he wanted it back, (how inconsiderate :p)
The X5 is out on loan this weekend ;) :thumbsup:
Thats good of you mate ;):thumbsup:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/pbonet/fixationhaut.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/pbonet/fixation.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/pbonet/devant.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/pbonet/derriere-1.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/pbonet/cot.jpg
From the picture I moved the attch next to the motor to the outside of the chassis so it doesn t touch the slipper axle.
Isn't it better to put a 3200 mAh LiPo stickpack on the "4 cell side" - doesen't that give better weight balance?
It probably will shy but this way we dont have to do major mods and we can use NIMH cells for regional races.
Things may change next year but for now or i need to have the flexibility :thumbsup:
LOL! If you don't love to dremel, don't get an X-5 in the first place! :lol:
Yes i agree, i think there should be some sort of affilliation between dremel and the Xfactory team :thumbsup: but, by doing it this way it is reverable where as to run a stick pack properly, its a fairly big job to revert back for a meeting :)
super__dan
17-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Along with Lee mines not gone full conversion to stick pack because of wanting to wait for AGM (BRCA) to see what happens. I may run a couple of regionals this winter so need one of my cars to still run Nimh.
My 'trouble' would be if we have to run Nimh at the indoor finals but then have the option to (which I'd take) go lipo for the first national very soon after. Having said that it's not the end of the world, the mouldings you remove to go to Lipo in the X5 are not essential if running Nimh and the Schumacher batter straps as most people do, just need to washer accordingly to raise the posts up a bit. Oh and obviously move the radio gear back.
_sleigh_
17-10-2008, 09:39 AM
when we have to run Nimh at the indoor finals
:eh?:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.