PDA

View Full Version : Iconic RC / A1 RC - Revival Meeting 2014 - 27.07.14


gainsy
20-04-2014, 08:22 AM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/iconicrcrevival.jpg


Iconic RC / A1 RC - Revival Meeting 2014 - 27.07.14



Classic off-road revival meeting bringing vintage cars back to the racing track. A friendly day's racing with the main emphasis on fun rather than competition. A great excuse to blow the cob-webs off those classic cars and use them for their designed purpose.

The event is designed for racers and amateur drivers, to relive those memories of racing back in the golden age of electric off-road racing or to try racing cars for the first time.

66887

Proceeds from the event will mainly go to our chosen charity Breast Cancer Care with a small percentage to go to the hosting club to cover costs.

The event will feature the following.

Features:

Classic Racing
Race of Champions
Wheelie Race
Concourse de elegance
RC Auto jumble
Raffle/tombola
So if you want to race or just come along and show off your Shelf queens then this is the event for you!

Can't make the event? Please donate on our just giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/RcRevival2014

Event sponsors:

66892 66886
66885 66891
66884 66888
66889 66890
68950
68946
68947
68948
68959
69003
69198

Please sponsor our event!!

Full details & for booking in please have a look here

http://revival.a1racingclub.com/


Look forward to seeing you all on the day[/CENTER]

Iconic
20-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Cheers Stuart.

We are looking for Sponsors who are willing to donate something for the charity raffle. Please get in touch if you're interested.

No profit for IconicRC or A1 Racing. All proceeds to our chosen charity. Breast Cancer Care.

John

David Smeaton
20-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Superb news. Cannot wait for this.

Iconic
23-04-2014, 05:38 PM
The last couple of minutes of this video showcase the fantastic A1 track. Perfect for vintage. The 1988 Tamiya Terra Scorcher was very much at home there.

http://youtu.be/cVqFztyypMI

Bigbaddave
24-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi, where is this event please?

Dave Dodd
24-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Located at Gonerby Moor near Grantham, just off the A1 near Downtown.

http://www.a1racingclub.com

A1 racing - Oople page (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147)

Danny
24-04-2014, 06:40 PM
This looks awesome, its a bit far away for me at the moment but have a good day. Would love to do one of these down south at some point!

Robbiejuk
30-04-2014, 03:10 PM
http://revival.a1racingclub.com/drivers.html

:thumbsup:

Peakey
04-06-2014, 09:16 PM
I have a couple of stupid questions I've not raced in a long time 20+ years so one would I class as a "pro" if so I've got my work cut out and two do you need a racing licence like you had to BITD for insurance.

Iconic
05-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Hi,

You do not need BRCA for this event. (Racing License)

If you haven't raced for 20 years it's really up to you what you consider your ability to be. AM really is for complete novices though so I would think you are probably PRO.

Thanks, John

Peakey
05-06-2014, 11:19 AM
I say raced more competed and I wasn't the best then

Iconic
05-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Just to clarify.

BRCA is not required for racing newcomers (A1 are using the 3 race rule). Now is your chance to renew if your BRCA has lapsed.

Peakey
07-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Last question (I think ) what transponder do I need ?

gainsy
07-06-2014, 12:39 PM
If you don't have one then the club has hand out ones for the meeting that you can collect from race control before each heat
They will be these ones so you will need a hole in the body to mount them somewhere with a clip

Peakey
07-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Arrrrr like the old ones from BITD

gainsy
18-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Some of the raffle prizes that will be available to win on the day
Schumacher Racing has donated a Waverunner RTR & Fusion Hobbies have donated a Tamiya DT-03 Neo Fighter
More raffle items still to add but if there is anyone else who would like to sponsor the event it would be most appreciated

gainsy
18-06-2014, 09:04 PM
2 mini comps added to the day with prizes for the winners.
Most Authentic Vintage Outfit on the Rostrum (dust off those shell suits).
Most Authentic Vintage Pit setup

gainsy
18-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Jamie Booth now booked in to drive a Tamiya Top Force Evo :D
Any other big names want to come & try & beat him?

gainsy
21-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Latest addition to the raffle draw is a Tamiya Lunchbox XB kindly donated by RC Racing UK

69005

DanB4
26-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Jamie needs some competition with his Top Force Evo! Calling Mr. Drescher!

kaylon
26-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Really wish I could make this... but plans have changed :( .. I'll be watching from the tinternet though.

And well done to Fusion Hobbies, Schumacher and every other sponsor for supporting the event! well played.

K

Iconic
26-06-2014, 08:11 PM
An important note re insurance on the day. Something we've had clearly clarified by the BRCA.

If you are entered in the amateur class and are a complete novice (never raced before) you can race without having insurance cover.

People who are experienced racers and have raced previously, and have let their BRCA insurance cover lapse will have to have insurance before they can race. Lapsed BRCA members should already understand this but the regulations aren't particularly clear which is why we've had it clarified.

A BRCA License is £17.

Please contact A1 Racing or Me if you have any questions regarding this.

DanB4
28-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Really wish I could make this... but plans have changed :( .. I'll be watching from the tinternet though.

And well done to Fusion Hobbies, Schumacher and every other sponsor for supporting the event! well played.

K

Ah could have been a reunion J!

gainsy
29-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Closing date for Revival Entries is Sunday 20th July. That is 3 weekend's time so get them entries in guys

gainsy
04-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Preliminary Schedule:
Morning
• Gates open at 07:00 for Booking in.
• Please be ready to race by 09:00.
• Round 1 (There are 6 Classes so approx 6 Heats per round)
• Round 2 (6 Heats approx)
• Round 3 (6 Heats approx)
Lunchtime
• Monster Truck Race
• Wheelie Race
• Charity Raffle
• Concourse
Afternoon
• Round 4 (6 Heats approx)
• Round 5 (6 Heats approx)
• 2WD Champion Race
• 4WD Champion Race
• Trophies
Throughout the day
• RC Autojumble
• Charity Tombola

Classic Buggy Points Explained.
In each round there are 200 points up for grabs. The fastest driver is awarded 200 points. 2nd fastest 199 points. 3rd fastest 198 points and so on.
After the 5 rounds, each driver’s best 3 Round scores are added up and the worst 2 are discarded.
Nostalgia Points are then added to the final score to give the grand total.
(Busy classes may bit split into 2 separate rounds but the points will be will still be allocated per class.)
In the photo example, the worst 2 Round scores per driver are discarded, the Nostalgia points are added on and Hutch wins the class.
There is a maximum of 11 Nostalgia Points per buggy and these will be allocated at booking in.
The Nostalgia points will be added on to the final score as per the example picture.
Uniqueness at the Event 2 points
Original Chassis (not re-release) 2 points
Wiper Board Speedo 2 points
Brushed Speedo 1 point
Brushed Motor 1 point
Nimh or Nicad Battery 1 point
Period Tyres designed for chassis 1 point
Non GHz Radio 1 point

Example below

quincey
04-07-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna book in on the 15th as that's when I get paid,can you run more than 1 car in the same class heat?..as I've got 3 cars I'd like to run but they are all in the same year group listing...

Frecklychimp
04-07-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm gonna book in on the 15th as that's when I get paid,can you run more than 1 car in the same class heat?..as I've got 3 cars I'd like to run but they are all in the same year group listing...

Can you not drive with your feet like Masami?

If not you'll have to grow extra arms like the rest of us :p

Don't see how you can run 3 cars in same class when its split by heats cos you won't fit into other heats fairly for others and what are you gonna do in Finals if you qualify with more than 1 car?

You seriously can't pick a favourite? I'm just lending out the spare same class cars to get others having some fun too.

If they are Associated then you should be made to race in Wheelie race anyways :p

quincey
05-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Gloom.😥...well I'll just have to pick to easiest one to get on with..then run that..then I'll probably break it before the final anyway and then run the daftest one....

Iconic
05-07-2014, 07:15 AM
I'm gonna book in on the 15th as that's when I get paid,can you run more than 1 car in the same class heat?..as I've got 3 cars I'd like to run but they are all in the same year group listing...

Only 1 Buggy can be entered per class and driven throughout the 5 heats.

We've been suggesting that attendees enter a buggy that they have lots of spares for.

Cheers and hope to see you there. Closing date for entries is 20th July.

John

Iconic
05-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Awards
2WD Champion
4WD Champion

1st, 2nd, 3rd 1979-1988 2WD
1st, 2nd, 3rd 1989-1993 2WD
1st, 2nd, 3rd 1994-1998 2WD

1st, 2nd, 3rd 1979-1988 4WD
1st, 2nd, 3rd 1989-1993 4WD
1st, 2nd, 3rd 1994-1998 4WD

Best Amateur 1979-1988 2WD
Best Amateur 1989-1993 2WD
Best Amateur 1994-1998 2WD

Best Amateur 1979-1988 4WD
Best Amateur 1989-1993 4WD
Best Amateur 1994-1998 4WD

1st, 2nd, 3rd Monster Truck
1st, 2nd, 3rd Wheelie

Concourse Buggy
Concourse Monster Truck
Concourse Wheelie
Concourse Best In Show

Best Vintage Rostrum Outfit
Best Vintage Pit
Other Random Spot Prizes

That is at least 38 Trophies to sort out! :o

davidmog99
06-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Hi, does anyone have a couple of rollers pre 88 that they would part with?
This meeting looks great, I would love to race and so would my son.

gainsy
06-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Come join the iconic rc group on facebook & ask the same question, sure the guys can find something for you :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/iconicrc/
Most of them will be out at their clumber park meeting today but they should be able to sort you out this evening

davidmog99
06-07-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't do Facebook, too many ex girlfriends and stalkers, can you please direct anyone who might be able to help to oople please? :thumbsup:

Pacman
06-07-2014, 12:41 PM
http://revival.a1racingclub.com/

gainsy
06-07-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't do Facebook, too many ex girlfriends and stalkers, can you please direct anyone who might be able to help to oople please? :thumbsup:

I will copy your wanted ad & ask them to message you direct, if you are unsure of anyone messaging you pm me & i will confirm if they are a member of iconic rc

davidmog99
06-07-2014, 12:53 PM
That's great thanks for the help.:)

gainsy
06-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Your welcome :)

gainsy
14-07-2014, 08:37 PM
This coming sunday is the last day for booking in to this event, no late entries will be accepted

Finalised Schedule:
Morning
• 07:00 Gates open for Booking in.
• 08:30 Practice Round (In heat order. Approx 10x 5 minute heats per round)
• Round 1
• Round 2
• Round 3
Lunchtime
• Monster Truck Race
• Wheelie Race
• Charity Raffle
• Concourse
Afternoon
• Round 4
• Round 5
• 2WD Champions Race
• 4WD Champions Race
• Trophies
Throughout the day
• RC Autojumble
• Charity Tombola

RC Autojumble
The RC Autojumble is an opportunity for entrants to bring RC gear to sell or swap with other entrants. This has nothing to do with the charity fundraising.
Please clearly mark your for sale items, to avoid confusion.
If you do hear of people/traders who are thinking of coming purely to trade, please let John Weston or A1 know. This is a charity event and traders are not welcome without a decent contribution to the fundraising.

Concours d’elegance:
Book your concourse entry in with John Weston during the morning. John will give you a ticket to be displayed next to the car during the concourse judging. John will also check concourse eligibility at booking in.
Entries must be: 70’s/80’s/90’s Buggies or Monster Trucks. Vintage & Modern Wheelies.
Concourse is £2 cash per entry, to be paid at booking in.
Awards:
Concourse Buggy
Concourse Monster Truck
Concourse Wheelie
Concourse Best In Show

Right revival drivers. A lot of you have booked in for the revival meeting with 27 or 40 mhz radio gear. If you have and you haven't done so already could you please send Robert Jaques which crystals you have so he can put them in the computer.
Just send him the colour or number of your crystals that you have e.g. Red, 915 etc. through the enquiry page on the revival website.
When you race you will be allocated a specific crystal for that heat so it is important that he has your crystal details so that we can have this sorted and ready and just get on with the racing without having to allocate crystals on the day.
http://revival.a1racingclub.com/contact.html

Iconic
18-07-2014, 01:24 PM
We're currently on 54 entrants with 114 entries. :thumbsup:

Entry closes in 2 days. No entry changes after Sunday either.

All entrants will receive an email next week detailing the day and important points like the schedule, transponders, format, points, battery charging etc.

A big thank you to Gainsy for posting up details on here for me.

Cheers. John

quincey
18-07-2014, 04:34 PM
If I need to change what car I want to run but the car is in the same group who do I need to email?..as the car I put down I've only just discovered I cannot get batteries to fit unless I attack it with a dremel..which I don't really want to do..

gainsy
19-07-2014, 07:05 AM
If I need to change what car I want to run but the car is in the same group who do I need to email?..as the car I put down I've only just discovered I cannot get batteries to fit unless I attack it with a dremel..which I don't really want to do..

You have a pm

Iconic
19-07-2014, 11:33 AM
The Revival Wheelie Race currently stands at 27 entries.

This will be the Biggest Wheelie Race Ever!!!!

Please do try and put GHz Radio in your Wheelie if you can.

John

Iconic
20-07-2014, 07:16 AM
This is the last day for Entries and for Entry Changes!

Iconic
21-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Revival Entry is now closed and the form has been removed from the website.

These are the preliminary entry stats:

62 Entrants and 147 Entries.

Peakey
21-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Is there going to be a shop and any food?

gainsy
21-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Yes, there will be a Burger Van. Also a Burger King, Costa Coffee etc 1 minute drive away at the A1 Services.
There are no shops selling rc stuff like tyres, just the rc jumble where people can sell their spares or cars

Matthew Moore
21-07-2014, 06:20 PM
I think I'm going to have a ride over to A1 on Sunday, it'll be great to see the old cars running on track together..

Ashlandchris
21-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I can't get there, but hope there will be plenty of pictures / video, to make me nostalgic, now I've succumbed to the world of vintage rc

Good luck any Optima drivers :lol:

gainsy
21-07-2014, 10:46 PM
There will be loads of pictures & John will be putting all the video footage together after & it will appear once he has had time to go through it all :D

Iconic
23-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Stats:

Entrants: 65
Entries: 152

PRO: 50
AM: 15

79-88 2WD: 26
89-93 2WD: 19
94-98 2WD: 17

79-88 4WD: 23
89-93 4WD: 19
94-98 4WD: 8

Monster: 11
Wheelie: 29


Buggies -

Tamiya: 47
Schumacher: 22
Associated: 13
Losi: 10
Kyosho: 8
Yokomo: 3
Mardave: 2
Tenth Tech: 2
Traxxas: 2
Top Models: 1
Bolink: 1
Nikko: 1

Monster - All Tamiya
Wheelie - 27 Tamiya and 2 Schumacher

Peakey
23-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Looks like it's going to be a good day now fingers crossed for the wether :thumbsup:

Iconic
24-07-2014, 03:21 PM
A1 Racing Club have put the race fees onto the Just Giving Page. £486!!! :)

Current running total raised is £543!! :) If every entrant buys a raffle ticket on Sunday, we will be close to £900!! :)

Let's see how close to £1,000 we can get!

Well chuffed and a massive thank you to Robert Jaques and everyone at A1. :)

https://www.justgiving.com/RcRevival2014/

bretts
24-07-2014, 05:31 PM
All entrants will receive an email next week detailing the day and important points like the schedule, transponders, format, points, battery charging etc.

I haven't had an email yet am I missing something??

P.S. Put me down for some raffle tickets, I wouldn't mind a new lunchbox as mine smells of cheese spread and old bananna's.

Peakey
24-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I haven't had an email yet am I missing something??

P.S. Put me down for some raffle tickets, I wouldn't mind a new lunchbox as mine smells of cheese spread and old bananna's.

+1 on that I was thinking the same. And I'll take a load of raffle tickets too.

quincey
24-07-2014, 08:09 PM
+2 also...need some sort of itinerary as I'm coming down Sunday and I've a lot to prepare

Peakey
24-07-2014, 08:15 PM
There's an itinerary in here

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149777&page=3

Frecklychimp
24-07-2014, 08:54 PM
There is a proper itinerary been posted in downloadable format earlier on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/iconicrc/894312110582226/

Iconic
25-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Hi all. This is really important.

Revival Entry closed on Sunday.

If you mention the Revival anywhere, please also say that entry is closed.

No exceptions. It's full up.

Thanks. John.

Iconic
25-07-2014, 07:52 AM
bretts, peakey, quincey.

All entrants were emailed an Info Document yesterday.

Too big to attach to this post but Freck has posted a link a couple of posts up to the PDF location on Facebook.

Cheers, John

Iconic
25-07-2014, 07:54 AM
and this is the finalised schedule:

Schedule
Morning
• 07:00 Gates open for Booking in.
• 08:10 Drivers Briefing
• 08:30 Practice Round (In heat order. 13x 5 minute heats per round)
• Round 1
• Round 2
• Round 3

Lunchtime
• Monster Truck Race
• Wheelie Race
• Charity Raffle
• Concours d’elegance

Afternoon
• Round 4
• Round 5
• 2WD Champions Race
• 4WD Champions Race
• Trophies

Throughout the day
• RC Autojumble
• Charity Tombola


Due to the high turn out, the event is likely to run until approximately 18:00.

Iconic
25-07-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm really pleased to say that one of our sponsors, RCRacingUK , have agreed to help out Revival Drivers with supplies at the Revival. ESC's, Batteries, Pinions etc. There will also be some Tamiya/Kyosho/Associated kits available. :-)

Peakey
26-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Looking at the wether for tomorrow and there may be some showers around 5-6 but apart from that sunshine all the way

Peakey
27-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Sorry guys something's come up at home and I've only just got in, so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend today:thumbdown: you all have a good day really gutted.

gainsy
27-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Shame you couldn't make it fella :( was a truly awesome day, maybe next year :)

Iconic
28-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Final total raised for Breast Cancer Care: £1,821.05 :thumbsup:

All cash taken from the day is now with the charity: https://www.justgiving.com/RcRevival2014

A final thank you to all that contributed. :thumbsup:

It was an amazing day!

Peakey
28-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Well done guys I'm really gutted I couldn't make it. I spent Sunday afternoon packing my Rc stuff away :thumbdown: ready for the house move in a couple of weeks.

Iconic
29-09-2014, 08:16 AM
The Revival Race Report is in the latest issue of RC Racer Magazine.

November 2014 Issue.

:thumbsup:

Iconic
30-09-2014, 05:07 PM
This should hit the shelves on Thursday. :thumbsup:

http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img30876_30092014174624_1.jpg

Iconic
02-10-2014, 07:57 AM
The November edition of RC Racer Magazine, which includes the Iconic RC & A1 Racing Revival Report, is now available to buy online, to download and should also be in the shops today.

Buy online here: http://adhpublishing.com/shop/store/products/issue-211-november-2014/

Download from App Store.