PDA

View Full Version : D413 setup sheets sticky?


adam_u
22-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Please could we have a sticky for setup info for the new buggy?

And also, pretty please could we have some setup info now that some of you have had a couple of runs out? Petitrc not working for me...

Not had chance to run mine yet! :blush:

Thanks all :thumbsup:

Richard Lowe
24-04-2014, 12:10 AM
I'll post where I'm at with the car soon, it's come on quite a lot as I'm learning what works and what doesn't :)

adam_u
24-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Thanks Richard :)

Muzzie
08-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I need a grass setup for this weekend any ideas?

Mines setup as per the manual other than 1.4mm roll bar on the front and 7000wt diff oil in the rear.

Richard Lowe
09-05-2014, 09:45 AM
This is where I'm at after Southport, this should work well on higher grip tracks in general :)

Ralls Racing
10-05-2014, 08:49 AM
hiya guys n girls, apologies for my quietness on the forums of late but have been flat out with life commitments as well as 8th racing, here is my setup from a test day at epr, the only thing not on setup page is rear toe in that has 2.5 degrees by adding 1/2mm to the rf blocks and increasing the rear track width, any questions feel free to ask

Nathan ralls

Richard Lowe
18-07-2014, 10:51 AM
I've had quite a few PM's asking about setups recently as more people have got hold of D413's, here's where I am with mine at the moment.

I'm at the point now where I only seem to make small changes away from this setup. Mostly fine tuning shock oil depending on temperature and front/centre diff oils depending on how much steering I want and at what point in the corner.

Any setup questions please post on here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :)

sime46
18-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Hey dude. Thanks for replying earlier. I see you've glued the arm plates in. That offers a stiffer than kit arm I'm guessing. How's that affected the cars handling mate?

Richard Lowe
18-07-2014, 02:53 PM
The stiffer arms make the car more consistent. I'll be keen to try the carbon top plates when I can get hold of some, the standard arms with no glue are a bit floppy for astro I think.

sime46
18-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Awesome. Parts arrive nx week I'm told so fingers crossed. What about the difference between emulsion shocks and bladders? I've run bladders first as didn't wanna cut the ones I have until I can buy some more in case I don't like the emulsion feel.

Richard Lowe
19-07-2014, 01:01 AM
I just built mine as emulsion from day one and have left them like that. The shocks are super easy to build as emulsion, don't forget to drill the bleed hole in the shock cap all the way through before you build them.

focusmad
15-08-2014, 08:26 AM
In the post above it says about gluing the wise bones for a astro, what glue would you use to do this??
Chris

washy13
15-08-2014, 05:19 PM
In the post above it says about gluing the wise bones for a astro, what glue would you use to do this??
Chris

I used ca

sime46
24-08-2014, 09:17 AM
What difference do we get by changing the rear outer hinge pin height?

Fernandez
24-08-2014, 09:19 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/1q3fq9.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/zob4v6.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vtzjbm.jpg

sime46
26-08-2014, 09:06 PM
What difference do we get by changing the rear outer hinge pin height?

Anyone??
:confused:

Arn0
26-08-2014, 11:58 PM
What difference do we get by changing the rear outer hinge pin height?
Changing the rear outer hinge pin height will affect the roll center and consequently lateral rear end grip.

sime46
27-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Cheers chief. Thought it was along those lines. So, high hole for more rotation or more locked in rear end?

Richard Lowe
27-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Cheers chief. Thought it was along those lines. So, high hole for more rotation or more locked in rear end?

Other way round, the upper hole gives 'smiley' wishbones ( \_/ ) and a lower roll centre, lower hole straight wishbones/higher roll centre and makes the rear feel more locked in.

When you change the pin height you're also changing the driveshaft plunge in the diff outdrive, high hole gives more.

I'll get my setup from RHR up tonight, I'm liking the combination of upper outer hingepin and outer/lower 'gullwing' shock position on the wishbone at the moment - it give's the very familiar feeling B4 style geometry.

sime46
27-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Brilliant. Thanks a lot Rich. Much appreciated.

Richard Lowe
28-08-2014, 12:16 PM
PetitRC setup page updated with my RHR national setup...

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodies/SetupSheetsHotBodiesCycloneD413.html

:thumbsup:

sime46
29-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Can't get the setup to come up on my iPad. Doh!

Col
29-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Can't get the setup to come up on my iPad. Doh!

Not your iPad at fault, the link is busted.
Thread sticky'd

Adam Skelding is currently section mod for here. Is he still with the team?
Also, as you're here more often, would Rich Lowe want the job (as well as Adam if he still want it)

Richard Lowe
30-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Not your iPad at fault, the link is busted.

Yep it looks like the site is down at the moment, I'll attach the RHR setup at the bottom of this post :)


Adam Skelding is currently section mod for here. Is he still with the team?
Also, as you're here more often, would Rich Lowe want the job (as well as Adam if he still want it)
No Adam went to work for Durango a little while since, I'm sure I could abuse section moderator abilities appropriately :p

sime46
30-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Cheers Rich.

sime46
30-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Man alive. That's an awful lot of droop spacers!!! Better get an order in.

Col
30-08-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm sure I could abuse section moderator abilities appropriately :p

Consider it done, my friend

Richard Lowe
30-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Man alive. That's an awful lot of droop spacers!!! Better get an order in.
Yeah I've kept adding them and it's kept getting better, even with all those it still has more droop on the back than my 44 did :bored:

Consider it done, my friend
Oh dear, this section is going to hell :p

Col
30-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Oh dear, this section is going to hell :p

;):rolleyes:

sime46
07-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Had a little run on carpet last night. Car was brilliant. :thumbsup:

leeboy44
07-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Hi guys, have any of you got a set up for indoor carpet? 90% carpet 10% 4 mm mdf for some slippy??

Any help would be great :)

Thanks

Richard Lowe
08-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Hi guys, have any of you got a set up for indoor carpet? 90% carpet 10% 4 mm mdf for some slippy??

Any help would be great :)

Thanks
Hmm, I don't know about 4mm MDF - my setups are usually for 6mm :p

I ran mine at York on Saturday night with the setup straight from RHR, just bolted some minipins on it and it was really good. The front and rear diff oils were a bit thick for the lower grip, I'm going to drop it to 5/100/3 for next time I run it indoors.

sime46
08-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Bit stuck on the MDF but for carpet I'm using the astro starter setup previously published by Rich but with the shock travel limited by 5mm. Diffs are 5/300/3 and shocks are 37.5/32.5. I think it's all as the astro settings other than that. Car was mega(again). It seems the car doesn't need much changing from track to track so far. :thumbsup:

Muzzie
09-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I’ve been running mine for a few weeks indoor and the car is amazing.

As of last week I used Richard’s base setup as above, but with some minor differences:

8 deg kick- up
3mm droop spacers - front and rear – More droop spacer on order
Rear shocks – yellow kit springs with 32.5 WT oil

Silver sway bar on the front copper on the rear
Diff oil 7K 100K 5K.

2wd mini pins stretch on 4wd rims.

This seemed to work great and the car gets better each week. The think I most impressed with is how robust the car is. I’ve been running now since June and haven’t broken a thing.

Is HB bringing out a 2wd?

Richard Lowe
09-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Is HB bringing out a 2wd?

There is going to be a D215 but Torrance and the gang are working on the 8th for the Worlds at the moment, after that AFAIK the 2wd is one of the next projects :)

Muzzie
09-09-2014, 11:03 AM
I hope they use the shorty pack lay out and the D413 rear end.

Richard Lowe
09-09-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be a traditional 4 gear mid car as that has much broader appeal and is more suitable to more types of tracks - don't rule out the possibility of seeing a cheaty D413 hybrid though... ;)

sime46
09-09-2014, 05:41 PM
A nice E8 would be handy too.

sime46
09-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Hey Muzzie. How are you finding tyre wear? Is it even or more from the front? I've got 300 in centre at mo but also have a diff built with 100k to try.

Muzzie
10-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Slightly more wear on the front but not much. I find you can push the car much harder on part worn tyres. I'm really looking forward to winter series West Bridgeford.

sime46
10-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Sound. It should be mega at Bridgeford mate. I'm hoping to be there with mine, and at Worksop.

MHeadling
11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
I see on David Ronnefalk latest carpet set ups he is using 1.8mm roll bars front and rear, the thickest from HB seems to be 1.5mm, any other makes of roll bar fit with a bit of tweaking?

Keen to try it on my car to tame it down on the high grip

/tobys
12-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Think I read somewhere he was using modded Kyosho ones.

MHeadling
12-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Cheers Toby

mr4bc
30-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Just a quick question about the rear shock tower plates, when mentioned on the set ups, it seems that people are running the 'c' tower with the outer hole on the wishbone, although I understood that the 'a' tower was the optimised one for the outer hole? :confused:

Richard Lowe
31-03-2015, 07:22 AM
Just a quick question about the rear shock tower plates, when mentioned on the set ups, it seems that people are running the 'c' tower with the outer hole on the wishbone, although I understood that the 'a' tower was the optimised one for the outer hole? :confused:
I've now settled on the A tower with the outer hole on the arm for most situations. With my earlier setups running the C tower was to lower the shocks to lower the CG and reduce body roll.

/tobys
31-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Hey Rich, any chance of sharing your latest setups? Cheers, Toby.

mr4bc
31-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the swift reply. I knew there'd be a reason 😉

Matt Butcher
31-03-2015, 08:53 AM
How can you tell the difference between the rear shock towers? i brought a secondhand car that had two different ones but dont know which is what...

mr4bc
31-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I believe the A is narrower and has more of a 'v' shape, the C is wider and lower, the B is in the middle. The A mounts the top of the shock higher as the outer wishbone hole is parallel with the wishbone, the C lower, as the inner hole is under the wishbone (gull wing style). the B is in the middle so accomodates both.

Richard Lowe
31-03-2015, 09:14 PM
^^^ This ^^^

Next time I have all the towers in front of me I'll measure the outer hole spacing so you can tell which towers you have :)

Matt Butcher
01-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Many thanks guys... Im sure i will have more questions when i get round to running the car abit more. :)

Richard what is you current high grip astro setup?

Richard Lowe
01-04-2015, 10:02 AM
I'll post a setup sheet with my current setup when I get chance (probably after Neo), I'm at the point where I only make little tweaks with mine now :)

Start with the Chadderton R3 setup but with the following changes...
2mm under the rear inner ballstud instead of 1mm
Optional 'A' rear tower
Less droop spacers in the rear shocks (I believe I'm on 2mm now, need to check)
5k rear diff oil (I'm finding the car feels 'right' when the front oil is about 2x the rear oil)

Rich

Matt Butcher
09-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Hi Richard. Can you confirm what droop spacers you are currently running front and rear? Many thanks.

Richard Lowe
10-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Hi Richard. Can you confirm what droop spacers you are currently running front and rear? Many thanks.
Will do, I'll be giving the cars some TLC before EPR this weekend so will confirm where I'm at with it right now :)

Matt Butcher
10-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Many thanks ��

Richard Lowe
12-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Reet, just to confirm I currently have 3mm of droop spacers in the front shocks and 2mm in the rear :)

Matt Butcher
14-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Many thanks. Most helpful. :)

madmax
26-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Setup from today at southport indoors

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i458/leechorley/IMG_2891.jpg (http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/leechorley/media/IMG_2891.jpg.html)

madmax
23-04-2017, 09:38 PM
My setup from today at round 2 of the Bury club championship

madmax
08-05-2017, 06:26 PM
My setup from the Bury regional on med grip astro