View Full Version : X6 roll bar
I need to make up a roll bar for this weekend, it looks like most use a conventional way to mount the roll bar ie, a small block with a cut in it and then fasten that to the tower, but has anyone tried putting a cut in the rear bulkhead and then the tower will hold the bar in place. I'm not saying the other way is bad and its probably easier to change thickness in rollbars but i think this way it just looks neater.
Would you rather be gay or have an untidy car? :lol:
Darren Boyle
15-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Gay.....
James
15-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Gay.....
Cockerill
15-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Gay.....
Wraggy
15-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Gay.....
Northy
15-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Gay....
Thanks all, thats very honest of you :woot:
Wraggy
15-10-2008, 02:11 PM
am i being gay or am i a design genius? :lol:
what you on about Lee :p:p
James
15-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Haha Abuse of Mod privelages :thumbdown::p
bigred5765
15-10-2008, 03:03 PM
not gay, but still from behind.lol
Darren Boyle
15-10-2008, 03:18 PM
For Sale : 1 Team drive on an X6 for a northern based driver, previuos owner was a retard (who changed his posts)! LOL :p
For Sale : 1 Team drive on an X6 for a northern based driver, previuos owner was a retard (who changed his posts)! LOL :p
Do they get a spell checker with that ?? :p
Darren Boyle
15-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Arse......
YoungChazz
15-10-2008, 03:31 PM
The New Math was designed to use the Losi #4157 sway bar set, including an hole in the tower for the bolt. You use everything from the kit except the bars themselves. Of course you make your bar from one of the 12 different sizes of piano wire that you keep in your box just for this purpose, Lee...
Thanks Chazz,
ill get my coat :blush:
Northy
15-10-2008, 03:35 PM
For Sale : 1 Team drive on an X6 for a northern based driver, previuos owner was a retard (who changed his posts)! LOL :p
I'll take that! :woot:
G
Dont be so greedy, you have already had 2 teams this year :p
Body Paint
15-10-2008, 10:01 PM
LEE: I have done exactly what you are thinking. Cut a slot in the tower mounts and the tower holds it on. The B4 roll bars fit perfectly ;)
The reason I did this is because I don't carry 12 different types of piano wire in my pitbox like Chazz does :p
It also means I alny had to buy 1 antirollbar kit:thumbsup:
_sleigh_
15-10-2008, 10:04 PM
photos please boss
Mike Hudson
15-10-2008, 10:06 PM
:woot:pics pics pics please:woot:
Big E
16-10-2008, 06:21 AM
I did think of doing this but decided against it for a couple of reasons.
First one is that I use a possible 3 sizes of bar and you can't change the slot once it is done.
Second is that if I flip the espeed hangers down I have to lower the roll bar as well to stop it hitting the turn buckles, admittedly you could do 2 slots, or just have it low.
The last reason was that if I ever brake the bulkhead it could be a pain to sort it out for a next race....although seeing as I have only ever done one that is kinda not really important.
Thanks all, i knew it wasn`t the most functional design but i didnt know that some people carried 12 thicknesses of bar in their boxes. It will also be a pain if you do break a bulkhead.
Do you notice much of a difference in goint from a 0.9 mm bar to a 1.2mm?
I think i would get lost if i had 12 of them in my box ;)
Body Paint
16-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I did think of doing this but decided against it for a couple of reasons.
First one is that I use a possible 3 sizes of bar and you can't change the slot once it is done.
Second is that if I flip the espeed hangers down I have to lower the roll bar as well to stop it hitting the turn buckles, admittedly you could do 2 slots, or just have it low.
The last reason was that if I ever brake the bulkhead it could be a pain to sort it out for a next race....although seeing as I have only ever done one that is kinda not really important.
I have a V-slot cut in mine, I could cut the slot deeper and then drill and tap 2mm holes in the tower to pinch the rollbar into the slot. I have only used a .9mm roll bar so far so I've not found the need.
ELLIS: Why do you alter the height of the bar? Could you leave the bar in the lower position all the time?
YoungChazz
16-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Please use your imagination to see a photo HERE of an over-stuffed pit box.
Big E
16-10-2008, 03:47 PM
ELLIS: Why do you alter the height of the bar? Could you leave the bar in the lower position all the time?
No real reason just I like to get a straight line, or as best as possible, from teh mount to the pivot??
Body Paint
16-10-2008, 04:17 PM
No real reason just I like to get a straight line, or as best as possible, from teh mount to the pivot??
So it's for purpose rather than for clearance, fair enough!
super__dan
16-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Lee, Craig is a craftsman who whenever he makes anything makes it look factory. I challenge you to make yours look as factory as his!
PS Can I have me speedo and shell back this weekend please?
Speedo Yes, shell No, you already have that :p
I know craig is good like that, the little that i know him, but i shall do my best, i might even buy a cnc machine from the serpent auction :thumbsup: :p
Please use your imagination to see a photo HERE of an over-stuffed pit box.
Chazz there isnt a link :eh?:
So use your imagination :)
matdodd
16-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Chazz there isnt a link :eh?:
O come on Ben! :blush:
Mike Hudson
16-10-2008, 11:25 PM
bimbo:woot:
O come on Ben! :blush:
Oh fcuk :blush: That'll teach me to read :eh?: I usually have a good imagination aswell :P
Mike im not a bimbo :thumbdown: Ya noOb :yawn:
Mash Potato
24-10-2011, 09:49 AM
The New Math was designed to use the Losi #4157 sway bar set, including an hole in the tower for the bolt. You use everything from the kit except the bars themselves. Of course you make your bar from one of the 12 different sizes of piano wire that you keep in your box just for this purpose, Lee...
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. I've tried searching for Losi 4157 but seem to find a motor plate instead. Is this definitely the right part, and still available? Does anyone have a pic of this fitted to an X6 SQ?
Mash Potato
24-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. I've tried searching for Losi 4157 but seem to find a motor plate instead. Is this definitely the right part, and still available? Does anyone have a pic of this fitted to an X6 SQ?
I think I've found the answer, Losi 4257 is the part I need. So does anyone have a pic of this fitted, and does anyone know who has this kit in stock?
YoungChazz
24-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Oops, sorry about the wrong number. And a good thing to use the original thread instead of starting a new one!
Now, to find a pic. Won't be in the shop for a while, so possibly somebody has one. I think once you have the little kit, installation is rather straight-forward.
The_doctor
26-10-2011, 10:50 PM
this is a sway bar system that i came up with. it acts like a torque bar more than a swaybar and lets the rear move a little more so its still free through the bumpy bits!!!! :thumbsup:
all the guys ive made one for have commented that their car is a lot faster through the corners and more stable into and out of the corner !
YoungChazz
27-10-2011, 02:06 AM
High quality pix, Doc!
Mash Potato
27-10-2011, 08:05 AM
this is a sway bar system that i came up with. it acts like a torque bar more than a swaybar and lets the rear move a little more so its still free through the bumpy bits!!!! :thumbsup:
all the guys ive made one for have commented that their car is a lot faster through the corners and more stable into and out of the corner !
That's an interesting idea, thanks for the pics.
Mash Potato
29-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Oops, sorry about the wrong number. And a good thing to use the original thread instead of starting a new one!
Now, to find a pic. Won't be in the shop for a while, so possibly somebody has one. I think once you have the little kit, installation is rather straight-forward.
I have the kit, but still not 100% how it's fitted. Any chance someone (maybe Chazz) has a pic they can post?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.