PDA

View Full Version : Mini 8ight tires


Critch
01-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Currently race on astro at Bury,
My 1/10 buggy is on yellow mini spikes,


My mini 8ight came with foams, not stock wheels or tires.

Is there anything like yellow mini spikes which fit mini 8ight,

I can only seem to find tires for car parks,

BazzerH
01-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Most people run Schumacher tyres on their micros. Rally blocks in white or yellow or mini pins in yellow. Use them on touring car wheels with suitable inserts. Mini pins come in 2 widths so you use the slim wheels and tyres on the front.

Critch
01-05-2014, 04:10 PM
are these the ones ?
http://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/product/schumacher-sst-mini-pins-20-yellow-pr

so just so i understand, standard 1/10 touring car wheels 12mm hex, with 1/10 buggy tires 20mm not 2.2,

BazzerH
01-05-2014, 05:30 PM
are these the ones ?
http://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/product/schumacher-sst-mini-pins-20-yellow-pr

so just so i understand, standard 1/10 touring car wheels 12mm hex, with 1/10 buggy tires 20mm not 2.2,

yes those are the 20mm or slim mini pins. Use them on the front with 20mm wheels and inserts. On the rear go for 24mm tyres and corresponding wheels and inserts.

mini pins are good on a astro but white rally blocks are the bomb imo :thumbsup:

Karting
04-05-2014, 07:58 AM
are these the ones ?
http://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/product/schumacher-sst-mini-pins-20-yellow-pr

so just so i understand, standard 1/10 touring car wheels 12mm hex, with 1/10 buggy tires 20mm not 2.2,

Yes 1/10th touring car tyres/rims fit micro perfectly :)

Critch
04-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the replys,

Have ordered the white Rally blocks

rondoolaa
23-08-2014, 09:32 PM
I have a carisma gtb used indoors, 50% carpet 50% hardboard, I picked up 2 packets of inserts without looking at them at my local shop, I have white schumacher rally blocks and the inserts are:

u6700 sst "lp24" foam insert grey soft

and

u6628 sst foam tyre insert 24/25 comp ( feel hard )

Are these the correct ones and ok to use as I normally get SCH-U6627 SCHUMACHER SST Foam Tyre Insert - 24-25 Hard (pr)

BazzerH
24-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I'd try to take them back if poss cos the lp inserts are low profile and will give you a different tyre diameter to usual.