PDA

View Full Version : b5 and b5m optional alloy steering fitting problem


jampat2004
04-05-2014, 05:42 PM
got the optional blue ally steering parts which comes with 2 silver washers but there isnt a fitting guide.?
no its not rocket science but there is no explanation where these little silver washers go and I cant find any image pics on the net to show the parts fit to a b5.
anybody got any pics or am I mising something and I need a further option part.
thanks

MiCk B.
04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi,

Those small washers should be crush tubes. They would go between the bearings to stop them binding.

MiCk B. :-)

Noob
05-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Yeah i read about that here.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb5/B5_SteeringBallBearingsImprovement/

jampat2004
05-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Cheers for posts guys.

Big G
15-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Hi,

Those small washers should be crush tubes. They would go between the bearings to stop them binding.

MiCk B. :-)

why doesn't the plastic steering bind the bearings and only the alloy one require this extra parts?